Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? (1131 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / 3 Ways We Misunderstand Being Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by Rayreezy: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2016
PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND THINGS A LOT, MAKING ONE CONFUSE,
SO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW. CAN YOU BE A CHRISTIAN WITHOUT BEING THE BORN AGAIN ?

Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by Iamvictor(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2016
There is no Christian who is not Born again because for you to be a Christian (Small Christ) you need to be born again.

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by thorpido(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2016
Iamvictor:
There is no Christian who is not Born again because for you to be a Christian (Small Christ) you need to be born again.
Gbam.The rest are just church goers.
Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by theEYe21(f): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Yes! You can be a Christian without being born again, and you can also be a born again without being a Christian. My definition of being born again is having integrity, being transformed by the renewing of your mind, proving what is good, acceptable and perfect.

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by Rayreezy: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2016
theEYe21:
Yes! You can be a Christian without being born again, and you can also be a born again without being a Christian. My definition of being born again is having integrity, being transformed by the renewing of your mind, proving what is good, acceptable and perfect.

I don't really get it, can you please explain more
Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by theEYe21(f): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
Being a born again means being a changed person, transformed person with a renewed mind, replacing old bad habits with new good habits. So you can be a born again both ways, whether you're a Christian or not.Born again is a terminology used for religion or Christianity while the general term is being a renewed or a transformed person
Rayreezy:

I don't really get it, can you please explain more
Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by Peritus(m): 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
What makes you a Christian is being born again. That is when you are Christ-like. John 10:27 says: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish.
If you dont hear His voice and dont follow Him, will you still be called His sheep that will receive the promise of eternal life?

Don't be surprised if I tell you that Christianity is not a religion characterized by practices and procedures, but a mode of worship which is spiritual, and fulfillment of God's covenant.(Jer 31:31-34 & Jn 4:23). Christianity is a relationship with God and man built on love, without which, we are Judaists.
Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by appsdoubra(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
No it is not possible to be a Christian until you are born again, as a matter of fact you are not a Christian if you are not born again, you can only become a Christian the day you give your life to Christ meaning you becoming born again,
HOW DO YOU BECOME BORN AGAIN?

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9‭-‬10 KJV

This is the only way you become become again.

Rayreezy:
PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND THINGS A LOT, MAKING ONE CONFUSE,
SO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW. CAN YOU BE A CHRISTIAN WITHOUT BEING THE BORN AGAIN ?
Re: Can One Be A Christian Without Being Born Again, Whats The Difference ? by Rayreezy: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
theEYe21:
Being a born again means being a changed person, transformed person with a renewed mind, replacing old bad habits with new good habits. So you can be a born again both ways, whether you're a Christian or not.Born again is a terminology used for religion or Christianity while the general term is being a renewed or a transformed person

ok. but i'm talking about born again in the christian view

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Sells Anointed Umbrellas For N5,000 Each (photo) / Festival 28th March 2018 - Ogheghe, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria [videos] / Jesus Is A Black Man With Beards, White Teenager Who Died Claims He Visited Heav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.