Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus (1620 Views)

Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? / Pls Advice: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus / Gionee Elife S6 Sale In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by pumacy(f): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2016
I'm torn in between these two phones. Xiaomi redmi note 2 and Gionee Elife S plus. They both share some similar specs but I need honest reviews from the actual users. Pls don't recommend Tecno, Infinix and the likes of them.

Pls I need honest reviews and not just sweet talk. The pros and cons

Thanks in advance
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by callydon(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2016
I can only talk about gionee S plus cos that's d phone I am using.
EVERYTHING is okay with this apart from d ba3 which doesn't last as long as I expected it ( note dt I was using gionee M3 with 5000maH ba3, so I might be expecting a lot from dis phone which is just 3150maH ba3)
As for camera, d phone can compete with any phone in dt price range for camera quality.
No Lagging issues
NB: D phone uses type 'C' USB which isn't popular in Nigerian market yet, so u MUST handle ur USB with extreme caution.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by pumacy(f): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2016
callydon:
I can only talk about gionee S plus cos that's d phone I am using.
EVERYTHING is okay with this apart from d ba3 which doesn't last as long as I expected it ( note dt I was using gionee M3 with 5000maH ba3, so I might be expecting a lot from dis phone which is just 3150maH ba3)
As for camera, d phone can compete with any phone in dt price range for camera quality.
No Lagging issues
NB: D phone uses type 'C' USB which isn't popular in Nigerian market yet, so u MUST handle ur USB with extreme caution.

Thanks for the tip. Why did u switch from M5 to S plus?
Speaking of the camera, how does it turn pictures out at nights? I'm a picture freak so camera is very important likewise the beauty of the phone and the overall experience.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by KuliMart: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:
I'm torn in between these two phones. Xiaomi redmi note 2 and Gionee Elife S plus. They both share some similar specs but I need honest reviews from the actual users. Pls don't recommend Tecno, Infinix and the likes of them.

Thanks in advance

Gionee Elife S Plus VS Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi) vs 1080 x 1920 pixels (~403 ppi)

Chipset: Mediatek MT6753 VS Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10

CPU: Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 VS Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 - Redmi Note 2
Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 - Redmi Note 2 Prime

GPU: Mali-T720MP3 VS PowerVR G6200

Winner: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by callydon(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:

Thanks for the tip. Why did u switch from M5 to S plus?
Speaking of the camera, how does it turn pictures out at nights? I'm a picture freak so camera is very important likewise the beauty of the phone and the overall experience.
I switched from M3 to s plus (from m5)
Can't say mcuh abt d camera at night,cos I know dt as a lady u wud av a lot of affinity to d camera.
I av not used d camera at night .
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by KuliMart: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
You can get Xiomi Redmi Note 2 from our online store.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by jayauthentic(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:

Thanks in advance

If this you're into Gaming, Xiaomi is the better option (According to be specs)

However, if you desire good camera output, style and a light-weight device Gionee s plus is ur answer.

Just so u know; I'm an s plus user. And I'm still in love with this Amoled screen!

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by Owodiran1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
Neatly 2 months old leeco le2 for sale. 48k. The spec helio x20, 3gig ram 32 gig rom, 16mp back camera 8mp front camera. Usb type c. 081 539 53901
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by aristogabby(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
I use Xiaomi redmi note 2. Pros. The device is superb. The specs are cool. And the camera is very nice. It is light weight. Cons. Battery is not too good. If you intend on playing Fifa 16 with a xiaomi device, not cool cos the phone reboots itself during startup of Fifa 16 app. Aside that no games lag. No single atom of lag. If Fifa 16 manage to launch. No lag at all. The phone gets extremely hot during gaming. Very hot. Its a very nice device sha. Only ba3 and hotness is a letdown for me.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by Owodiran1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
Incase yoi wanna Choose xiaomi is better with helio x10. But pumacy have got a leeco le2 i wanna sell off. 48k.it has 3gig ram 32gig rom, helio x20 10cores,16mp back camera 8mp front camera. It juzt a month and 25 days old. 081 539 53901
pumacy:

Thanks in advance
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by pumacy(f): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
aristogabby:
I use Xiaomi redmi note 2. Pros. The device is superb. The specs are cool. And the camera is very nice. It is light weight. Cons. Battery is not too good. If you intend on playing Fifa 16 with a xiaomi device, not cool cos the phone reboots itself during startup of Fifa 16 app. Aside that no games lag. No single atom of lag. If Fifa 16 manage to launch. No lag at all. The phone gets extremely hot during gaming. Very hot. Its a very nice device sha. Only ba3 and hotness is a letdown for me.

I'm not a game person. I'm good with candy crush and other light games. My main concerns are the camera, smoothness and battery life. Pls can you gimme a honest rate of the camera in percentage? Also low light shots. It appears the battery isn't all that great.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by pumacy(f): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
jayauthentic:

If this you're into Gaming, Xiaomi is the better option (According to be specs)

However, if you desire good camera output, style and a light-weight device Gionee s plus is ur answer.

Just so u know; I'm an s plus user. And I'm still in love with this Amoled screen!

I have always loved Amoled screens especially the Sammy variants but Amigos isn't all that great compared to Miui. I know I can't eat my cake and have it at least within the budget of what I'm looking for.

You mean the S plus edges the note 2 in camera, style and weight?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by jayauthentic(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:

I have always loved Amoled screens especially the Sammy variants but Amigos isn't all that great compared to Miui. I know I can't eat my cake and have it at least within the budget of what I'm looking for.

You mean the S plus edges the note 2 in camera, style and weight?

Sure. It also has better cameras and weighs less than Xiaomi note 3...
I'm my opinion, Gionee s plus is a lady's dream mobile mirror; you need to try out the front camera to understand.
The only thing i wish could be better is the battery charge time. It takes a little above 2hrs to charge the phone from about 10% to 100%
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by pumacy(f): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Owodiran1:
Neatly 2 months old leeco le2 for sale. 48k. The spec helio x20, 3gig ram 32 gig rom, 16mp back camera 8mp front camera. Usb type c. 081 539 53901

I'm sorry I'm not looking into buying a Leeco phone btw why are you selling ?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by pumacy(f): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
jayauthentic:

Sure. It also has better cameras and weighs less than Xiaomi note 3...
I'm my opinion, Gionee s plus is a lady's dream mobile mirror; you need to try out the front camera to understand.
The only thing i wish could be better is the battery charge time. It takes a little above 2hrs to charge the phone from about 10% to 100%

I see you are rating the camera of the S plus higher. I stumbled upon another xiaomi phone dubbed redmi 3 pro. What do you think?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by Owodiran1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
Cos i got a new phone
pumacy:

I'm sorry I'm not looking into buying a Leeco phone btw why are you selling ?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by jayauthentic(m): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:

I see you are rating the camera of the S plus higher. I stumbled upon another xiaomi phone dubbed redmi 3 pro. What do you think?

I've never looked up the phone but from the posts a see here on Nairaland i believe Redmi note line is superior to the normal redmi series (based on pricing)
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by donbenie(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
@OP,based on my own experience using the Redmi Note I'll advise you to go for the Gionee S plus,my main issue with the Redmi Note2 which I usedfor 3 months includes;
1.Poor battery backup,I know people have complained about the S plus battery,but believe me the Redmi is worse..
2.The GPU is rather weak and can't even handle basic games without stuttering..
3.Perhaps my main grouse with the phone has to do with the screen quality,sure it's FHD on paper but its about the worst HD screen I've seen on any device,it's so washed out,looking at it was enough to get me annoyed and I was coming from a Galaxy Note2 with its SAMOLED screen..
Sure,the phone has its Pros,mainly the smooth UI and the Camera which I'll give a 6,but it's not enough to compensate for the glaring Cons..the screen is a deal breaker,won't even trust myself to buy another Xiaomi product because of it..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by aristogabby(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:

I'm not a game person. I'm good with candy crush and other light games. My main concerns are the camera, smoothness and battery life. Pls can you gimme a honest rate of the camera in percentage? Also low light shots. It appears the battery isn't all that great.
The phone is over smooth. Here is a camera sample without flash under low light.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by aristogabby(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
aristogabby:
The phone is over smooth. Here is a camera sample without flash under low light.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by bharkarh(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
pumacy:

here I have to come in. I'm currently using a Xiaomi redmi note 2.

I think the battery is cool since I don't play games and I only charge my phone once in a day(I have a power bank tho but it's as good as fake) I will rate the battery life a 7/10. You can't expect much from a 3060 mah.

For the sleekness and beauty, I'm yet to feel the the gionee s plus but it took me more than a month before I eventually got this baby and I must tell you, it's been awesome. No lag issue.

The camera is good, I will give it an 8/10. I will also attach the pictures I took with it. And there are many beauty apps that you can use and you'd be wowed eg Prisma

As a lady that you are, I don't think you will have issues with the battery it's should still go for 7 hrs on average usage and about 10hrs on light usage (I stand to be corrected). To extend your battery life, find someone to root the phone for you with kingroot and apply the Purify app attached to the kingroot app. It will help you close down unused app and thus, will help extend your battery life.

Cons: I noticed whenever I switched my phone off, it powers itself up and switch off again. Don't know what the problem is so I'm always removing the battery at night whenever I want to sleep grin

In all, I think it's a good buy and value for money

NB: THE FIRST 2 PIX WAS USED USING THE BACK CAMERA WHILE THE LAST 2 PIX WAS EDITED WITH PRISMA

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by srrrr(m): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
KuliMart:
You can get Xiomi Redmi Note 2 from our online store.
What's the price
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Or Gionee Elife S Plus by KuliMart: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2016
srrrr:

What's the price

55k with tempered glass and case

FREE SHIPPING to your doorstep.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Block My Phone From Visiting Some Websites? / I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. / Iphone 4S For N10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.