Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? (13986 Views)

Tecno And Gionee Which Is More Stronger? / Between Hauwei And Xiaomi And Gionee Which Is A Better Buy, My Budget Is 75k / Comtemplating:tecno Or Gionee, Which Should i Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:48am On Jan 25, 2017
PLs I intend to go buy myself a phone today.
Actually, I ve Gionee M5mini in mind.
But I'm contemplating between Gionee or a Tecno of around 45k-47k.
I know some of u guys must ve used both phones.
Pls dear Nairalanders I trust to get ur sincere contributions or opinions as to which of this phone is stronger, more durable, better screen protection and more able to withstand shock when mistakenly dropped?
Thanks.

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44 please u can help move to front page lets sample more opinions.

1 Like

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Protein0: 8:12am On Jan 25, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
PLs I intend to go buy myself a phone today.
Actually, I ve Gionee M5mini in mind.
But I'm contemplating between Gionee or a Tecno of around 45k-47k.
I know some of u guys must ve used both phones.
Pls dear Nairalanders I trust to get ur sincere contributions or opinions as to which of this phone is stronger, more durable, better screen protection and more able to withstand shock when mistakenly dropped?
Thanks.

I used tecno l8 plus for months and presently, gionee m5. A friend dt was using m5 mini compared d l8 plus nd m5 mini then.
l8 plus wins battery and screen size. M5 mini wins front camera. Their back cameras and screen resolutions are d same. My l8 plus fell from heights dt made me think d screen was gone times like 3times but nth happened. I can't judge m5 mini in ds aspect. My m5 has Neva fallen down (always careful ni o, 19.5k minus tfare nd stress to gionee Centre).
But l8 plus and m5, m5 wins all aspects.
However, gionee has better second hand value than tecno. So, if u r d type dt don't use phones for long, look into ds. By and large, both phones are good depending on wat u seek.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:52am On Jan 25, 2017
Protein0:

I used tecno l8 plus for months and presently, gionee m5. A friend dt was using m5 mini compared d l8 plus nd m5 mini then.
l8 plus wins battery and screen size. M5 mini wins front camera. Their back cameras and screen resolutions are d same. My l8 plus fell from heights dt made me think d screen was gone times like 3times but nth happened. I can't judge m5 mini in ds aspect. My m5 has Neva fallen down (always careful ni o, 19.5k minus tfare nd stress to gionee Centre).
But l8 plus and m5, m5 wins all aspects.
However, gionee has better second hand value than tecno. So, if u r d type dt don't use phones for long, look into ds. By and large, both phones are good depending on wat u seek.
Bro u re jus too much.
U jus gave me a very distinctive insight into what I want.
U rock bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Kiady16: 8:57am On Jan 25, 2017
Gionee is very durable and can use it for a long period of time than Tecno. My Gionee p2 bought in march 2014, is still walking perfectly, however it is being used by my sister.

1 Like

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by shedy03(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2017
gionee kakaraka pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thanks gUYs!
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Youngpo413: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
Gionee but you can check out xiaomi as the last resort.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Stevengold(m): 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
Gionee is better, they tend to be different, especially with their UI, I didn't know their drop down menu was from the bottom until I head the M5 mini. I like them. Phones are also cool camera wise, esp front camera.

2 Likes

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by kolexepana: 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Definitely Tecno!
Argue with your TV angry
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Behankey(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2017
Depending on what you mean by strong. But I'd pick Tecno for durability any time. Talking from experience, I used my tecno phone for close to a year and half before I gave it out. The person I gave is still using it.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by scarycuteface(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2017
Behankey:
Depending on what you mean by strong. But I'd pick Tecno for durability any time. Talking from experience, I used my tecno phone for close to a year and half before I gave it out. The person I gave is still using it.
I agree with you. Over the years, Tecno has continued to make durable and affordable phones. OP, I will advice you to go for a Tecno phone. Probably the Camon C8
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by eleshin(m): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
Behankey:
Have u used Gionee phone b4?
Gionee is more durable maifriend.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Behankey(m): 1:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
eleshin:

I haven't. But I have friends and colleagues that have. And that's why I favour Tecno based on their experiences while using gionee
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by excanny: 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
eleshin:

I always see people with very old Tecno phones just like mine. I can't say that for Gionee. Its always new ones I see with people around me.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by CodeBlooded: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Have used Tecno twice(c8 and h6) in the past but am currently using Gionee m5 marathon, oh sweet baby, the long long lasting battery is second to none, the user interface na baba, and the camera sef dey gidigba.
Am speaking of M5 marathon not m5 mini, if you can see a neat used one maybe you should get it.
#CodeBlooded
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by omoalajah(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
TECNO is more durable based on personal experience.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by datyorubaboy: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
I used my TECNO l3 for a very long time i had to dash it out
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by missslimzy(f): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
Camon C9 i will say
scarycuteface:
I agree with you. Over the years, Tecno has continued to make durable and affordable phones. OP, I will advice you to go for a Tecno phone. Probably the Camon C8
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by TappGroupNG: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
Camon c9 is actually a pretty great phones. It easily won the 'selfie camera of the year' when it came out
missslimzy:
Camon C9 i will say
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by TappGroupNG: 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2017
Are you serious? It lasted that long?
datyorubaboy:
I used my TECNO l3 for a very long time i had to dash it out
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by TappGroupNG: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
Tecno is actually a very durable brand
excanny:

I always see people with very old Tecno phones just like mine. I can't say that for Gionee. Its always new ones I see with people around me.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by shakaZuIlu: 12:10am On Jan 30, 2017
without sentiments tecno is not in gionee class

gionee now competes with Samsung and other known OEM there products are ip6 certified cool that's why you'll see gionee specs written on gsmarena

Talk of durability hmmmm you have to feel marathon m5

talk of premium look they have it

gionee now has good second hand value like Samsung

1 Like

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Mikeshiangala(m): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2017
Gionee can't compare to Tecno.
Tecno is way better infact now stealing market shares from the big boys such as samsung,sony,LG,Lenovo etc etc

1 Like

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Mikeshiangala(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2017
shakaZuIlu:
without sentiments tecno is not in gionee class

gionee now competes with Samsung and other known OEM there products are ip6 certified cool that's why you'll see gionee specs written on gsmarena

Talk of durability hmmmm you have to feel marathon m5

talk of premium look they have it

gionee now has good second hand value like Samsung

Say Whaaatttttt!!!!!!!

Gionee makes low to middle end smartphones and can never compare to such brands you've mentioned.

And the reason as to why Tecno never gets featured in GSM arena is because they are not global.
They mostly focus in africa and recently entered Dubai with a phone that even intimidates the Galaxy s7,
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by shakaZuIlu: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2017
[s]
Mikeshiangala:

Say Whaaatttttt!!!!!!!

Gionee makes low end smartphones and can never compare to such brands you've mentioned.

And the reason as to why Tecno never gets featured in GSM arena is because they are not global.
They mostly focus in africa and recently entered Dubai with a phone that even intimidates the Galaxy s7,
[/s]
gionee makes low end phones so do Samsung
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Mikeshiangala(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2017
shakaZuIlu:
[s][/s] gionee makes low end phones so do Samsung
most of samsung products are hi end.
Any phone featuring Mediatek us a low to middle range phone
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by parrotibaba(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

Say Whaaatttttt!!!!!!!

Gionee makes low to middle end smartphones and can never compare to such brands you've mentioned.

They mostly focus in africa and recently entered Dubai with a phone that even intimidates the Galaxy s7 ,
shocked shocked undecided Una go just wake up de yarn saw dust. Even the guys wey get tecno go give you one hot slap for yarning this BS.

1 Like

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by shakaZuIlu: 10:27am On Jan 30, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

most of samsung products are hi end.

Any phone featuring Mediatek us a low to middle range phone
hardware wise we're talking
besides mtk 64 bit upped their game with that SoC
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by Mikeshiangala(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
shakaZuIlu:

hardware wise we're talking
besides mtk 64 bit upped their game with that SoC

True and i loved it.
But compare any Mediatek device with the latest Snapdragon 835.
I think i will get a gionee soon and see why you say its better than tecno...coz i've used tecno and other snapdragon devices including S7 and not gionee.
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by shakaZuIlu: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

True and i loved it.
But compare any Mediatek device with the latest Snapdragon 835.
I think i will get a gionee soon and see why you say its better than tecno...coz i've used tecno and other snapdragon devices including S7 and not gionee.
yea get yourself gionee m5+ or even m5 and you'll never regret it
Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by jaymichael(m): 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Used both tecno and gionee, gionee is better by far.

1 Like

Re: Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? by shiftback: 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
TappGroupNG:
Tecno is actually a very durable brand
there's no doubt about that

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ultimate Android Studio Tutorial For Beginners / How Does Call Divert Work / 10 Ways To Keep Phones Safe From Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.