Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands (2768 Views)

‘I Mistakenly Cheated On My Wife With Her Kid Sister’ / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years / I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by AnnaKareninaFan: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
When it comes to infidelity it is widely believed that men are more likely to stray than their female counterparts, but according to a new video, there are numerous countries around the world where women prove to be the more unfaithful sex. The YouTube channel Dating Beyond Borders has analyzed surveys done by Durex, Match.com and TheRichest.com to determine which countries have the highest rates of infidelity among men and women. And out of the 36 countries surveyed by Durex, it was revealed that a whopping 62 per cent of Nigerian women were reported to have cheated, making them thought to be the most unfaithful wives in the world.

Meanwhile, Thai women were a close runner-up with 59 per cent of them admitting to straying. However, it has also been reported that Thailand as a whole is the most adulterous country in the world with 54 per cent of men saying that they also have cheated. Although there isn’t a direct connection between the sex trade and adultery, Patpong in Bangkok, Thailand, is one of the most famous red light district in the world. Some men in the country are also known to take ‘mia noi’ which translates to ‘minor wife’ in English. However, unlike the mistresses in other parts of the world, these woman are offer considered to be second wives. Heading west, Colombia is considered the most unfaithful country in Latin America, and according to the video, 66 per cent of men have admitted to cheating on their partners at least once. However, 40 per cent of Colombian women insist they have never been unfaithful.

When it comes to fidelity, Dating Beyond Borders reports that Uruguayan men are the most faithful at 47 per cent while Argentinian women are even more loyal at 55 per cent. However, cheating is a practice that is considered morally wrong in much of the Western world, so it’s hard to pinpoint the exact percentage of people who are stepping outside of their marriages. According to the video, it has been quoted that a quarter of Russians cheat although there aren’t any official statistics that have been released. Dating Beyond Borders reports that Russian women see ‘infidelity as something unavoidable and prefer to turn a blind eye to it’ because there are 10 per cent fewer men than women. The clip also argues that ‘by necessity women in their forties date mostly married men’.

And while the clip states that an estimated 57 per cent of men and 55 per cent of women in the US have confessed to cheating on their spouses, those numbers may be a bit inflated. According to the Truth About Deception it is estimated that ‘roughly 30 per cent to 60 per cent of all married individuals in the US will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage’. Although some public figures have supported the notion that half of Americans are cheating, Clinical research over the past two decades shows that those numbers may be significantly less.

Judith Treas, a sociologist at the University of California-Irvine, reported in 2000 that only 11 per cent of adults have cheated on their spouse or cohabitating partner. Most recently, the US didn’t even crack the top 10 on Durex’s findings of the most adulterous nations, which has Finland the UK in the ninth and tenth positions with each having 36 per cent of its inhabitants admitting to infidelity. However, the video does point out that 99 per cent of Americans say that they expect ‘sexual exclusivity from their spouses’. Cheating is a reportedly a term used mostly by North Americans, and unsurprisingly, it ‘hold a negative connotation’.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3707059/Do-live-cheater-s-paradise-Thailand-Colombia-video-details-countries-HALF-men-women-unfaithful-spouses.html

http://dawntodusknews.com/report-62-of-nigerian-women-cheat-on-their-husbands/
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Infidelity births distrust, and adultery is the axe that breakth down a house.

Flee ye, O Africa, from them both.
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by judecares1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
U are wrong by saying 64%,my records shows dat dey are 90% cos dey are neva faithful to deir husbandS
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by sarrki(m): 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
Scary

But I trust my woman die
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by owobokiri(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Onyinye, you see your life?
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by engrflames: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
Women can never be loyal, na fish brain dey all get

1 Like

Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
cool cool cool
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by Teeboy22(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
cool shocked

I'm not surprised
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by tempest02: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
shocked
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by yvelchstores(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
this Is a very stupid report. unfortunately, Nigeria is filled with gullible people, about 88%. even d educated ppl don't like using their brain. this statistics is crap. I HV my reasons for saying so. over n out.
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by spawnx: 6:16am On Jul 28, 2016
How do they come up with this statistics
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
Does the condom send statistics over its usage , and if so how does it know if one is married. How did they even come about the data sef ? Am gonna buy a condom and inspect if it sends packets or not .
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by poweredcom(m): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2020
Especially d younger generation they are all easily decieved and retired oloshos
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by culf: 12:34am On Jan 29, 2020
That's their business.

I trust my wife and hasn't given me a reason not to trust her yet.
Re: DUREX Report: 62% Of Nigerian Women Have Cheated On Their Husbands by culf: 12:34am On Jan 29, 2020
That's their business.

I trust my wife and hasn't given me a reason not to trust her yet.

(1) (Reply)

/ What Other Things Can He Do To Reconnect With His Son? / What Are Your Thoughts On Marriage With A Big Gap In Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.