Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone (40861 Views)

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / Download Latest Blackberry OS 10.3.3.2049 Autoloader / How To Change Imei To Blackberry Android 5.0,5.1, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by prettyjo(f): 6:49am On Jul 27, 2016
a beautiful queen was born today.

happy birthday to me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2016
I dont like Alcatel undecided
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Am not joking
Ugoeze2016:

grin grin
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:50am On Jul 27, 2016
BB trynna make a come back??
sticking to my GLXY S4
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by McPhilz8(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
Ugoeze2016:
I love this phone already. Does anyone have a fairly used one to sell?

Bro. Sleep still dey ya eyes? Fairly used for something that just came out now. .mmm

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by valiantheartprod(f): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
first one I never buy, now 2nd ki, 3rd no. let them reduce the price small
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Ugoeze2016: 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
prettyjo:
a beautiful queen was born today.

happy birthday to me

Happy birthday queen, send me your address make I ship dis new phone to u grin
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Ifebazz(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
gadgetsngs:
Its now Official,the Blackberry DTEK50 is Blackberry's second Android powered Smartphone.Its almost the same as the Alcatel Idol 4 in design and internals,but unlike the Blackberry Priv,the new comer is an all touch screen device.

The device highlights a special security feature which gives its users secure voice calls, text messages and file sharing capabilities, while the DTEK app allows you to control and monitor security and privacy on the handset.

See full specs & images below

BlackBerry DTEK50 specifications

5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD scratch-resistant display
Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with 550MHz Adreno 405 GPU
3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lens
8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f2.2, 84-degree wide angle lens
Dimensions: 147×72.5×7.4mm; Weight: 135g
3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
2610mAh battery with fast charging

Price tag? Its already available for preorder from bb official shop

Sauce http://www.gadgetsng.com/2016/07/blackberry-dtek50.html
Point of correction, not bye bye to Blackberry OS, in fact they recently said they will continue with it. And I love it, matter of fact, prefer it to the overhyped Android platform.

4 Likes

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Samyokporua(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
It just won my heart
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2016
This isnt Alcatel,its blackberry sir!,the design is/wasonly inspired by that of Alcatel Idol 4
wailing:
I dont like Alcatel undecided
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by dejavubobo1(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2016
tollytexy:
J for juju
wink[ oga free me jor
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by jojothaiv(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2016
The price goes a long way and not the specifications...
Blackberry wan wise up as per say Whatsapp don spoil their market...
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by prettyjo(f): 6:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Ugoeze2016:

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by tollytexy(m): 6:55am On Jul 27, 2016
dejavubobo1:

wink[ oga free me jor
I won't free u unless u confess to me that you're booking space lol
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by jojothaiv(m): 6:55am On Jul 27, 2016
Dam5reey:
Let's go there $299 its okay....

That's about 112k based on 370 per USD...
It's okay, i bet Infinix, Gionee and some of this Mid Range Android phones will be happy with the price...
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Ifebazz:

Point of correction, not bye bye to Blackberry OS, in fact they recently said they will continue with it. And I love it, matter of fact, prefer it to the overhyped Android platform.

Not sure where you got that info,what i know is continuous support for current devices wth bb10 os,and not making new devices with the OS
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by jojothaiv(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Ugoeze2016:
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by jojothaiv(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2016
Ugoeze2016:
Computer Village, Ikeja....

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 27, 2016
Waooo,what a perfect birthday gift for the Queen,hope she don send u d address codedly?
Ugoeze2016:

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by ucnwafor(m): 7:00am On Jul 27, 2016
Bilabong:
this BlackBerry get sense

they stop WhatsApp on purpose, so that they can introduce this "thing"
honestly, they dropped a msg on my bold 5 last week, that the whatsapp app will not function again from december
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 27, 2016
Why do you want to spoil my biz? i already told her i have one for sale
jojothaiv:

Computer Village, Ikeja....
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by ddgolden: 7:01am On Jul 27, 2016
Nigeria and their high rate of patronizing other people's product is alarming.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 27, 2016
Other pipo's product? do we manufacture anyone here?
ddgolden:
Nigeria and their high rate of patronizing other people's product is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Ugoeze2016: 7:03am On Jul 27, 2016
gadgetsngs:
Why do you want to spoil my biz? i already told her i have one for sale

Are you referring to me, "her"? grin

I am camera shy sha
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by ucnwafor(m): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Jst that I so much like blackberry phones with my bb10 OS app, I can watch watch all videos on youtube and download with them, the sub is still good to go.....
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by bharkarh(m): 7:05am On Jul 27, 2016
Bb fanatics be like...I can never use Android...over my dead body

But Blackberry no get choice but to migrate enter Android o

Let's see if the BB fanboys will follow their Oga's decision grin

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by profhenrii(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2016
Bilabong:
this BlackBerry get sense

they stop WhatsApp on purpose, so that they can introduce this "thing"

Pls what model of blackberry do you use, cos whatsapp is still working on my phone. I use blackberry 9900
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2016
This is what blackberry ought to have released first and not the over expensive priv. Moreso, it's still expensive cos it's just a remodelled Alcatel Idol 4 and the chipset used in this phone is plain trash. They should have used a better one and sell at that price and better still sell this at $200 max.

BlackBerry usually makes a very good phone and use just one thing to kill it. Priv was a great phone but the price was ridiculously expensive which made it lag in sales.

Same mistake they are making again

Good.luck to them but it's really a sleek looking phone
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by sexychocho(f): 7:07am On Jul 27, 2016
Nyc one
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 27, 2016
ucnwafor:
honestly, they dropped a msg on my bold 5 last week, that the whatsapp app will not function again from december

Who dropped it?
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by hopesuarez(m): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2016
for this kind period na him where black berry carry their own wahala cum
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Tisham20(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator / Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone / My Phone Call Log Is Not Updating & Missed Calls Are Not Showing, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.