Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

My Victory Is For Democracy, Bayelsa People – Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Victory Is For Democracy, Bayelsa People – Dickson (411 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness / Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Victory Is For Democracy, Bayelsa People – Dickson by HzRF(m): 1:07am On Jul 27, 2016
Simon Utebor, Yenagoa

The Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Seriake Dickson, has hailed the judgment of the Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja which upheld his victory in the December 5, 2016 governorship election.

The governor, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, after the judgment was delivered on Tuesday, described the tribunal’s verdict as “a victory for democracy and Bayelsans”.

Dickson commended the judiciary “for upholding our nation’s democracy and once again acquitting itself as the bastion of our democracy.”

The All Progressives Congress and its candidate, Chief Timipre Sylva, had challenged the election of Dickson, who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Sylva had sought a reversal of the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission which declared him (Dickson) as the valid winner of the election.

But Dickson said in a unanimous decision, the three-man tribunal led by Justice Kazeem Aloba said the APC “failed woefully to prove its case.”

Dickson, who regretted the loss of lives and property during the election, decried the “intimidation of voters” which he regarded as an institutional failure.

He, however, said that the judgement indicated that “the resolve of the people did not go in vain”.

“This judgement is clearly a victory for democracy and the resilient and courageous people of Bayelsa,” he said.

http://punchng.com/victory-democracy-bayelsa-people-dickson/
Re: My Victory Is For Democracy, Bayelsa People – Dickson by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 27, 2016
Indeed your victory is applaudable but that doesn't change the fact that you still owe salaries, pensioners and other unpaid debts.

I'll like to remind you that we're still at home. Please keep to your promises and use the 19 billion allocation to better the lives of bayelsans.
Re: My Victory Is For Democracy, Bayelsa People – Dickson by Mynd44: 4:25am On Jul 27, 2016
Re: My Victory Is For Democracy, Bayelsa People – Dickson by altim8(m): 5:04am On Jul 27, 2016
NAwa... Dickson always beating sylva come rain or sun. Unless God changes the mind of Dickson if not, am afraid the struggle for survival continues. cry

(1) (Reply)

Dogara Gives Jibrin 7 Days To Retract Libelous Allegations Or Face Legal Action / Atiku Restructuring ‘ll End Nigeria’s Problems / Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Resurfaces, Says ‘still Around'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.