Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President (823 Views)

Donald Trump: There Will Be World War III If You Elect Hillary Clinton / Hillary Clinton Collapses At 9/11 Ceremony, Rushed Out In Ambulance / Kenyan Man Dresses As Female Prostitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by Handsomecole(m): 7:36am On Jul 27, 2016
Democrats nominate Hillary Clinton for US presidency
Hillary Clinton becomes the first woman to lead a major party towards the White House as Democratic nominee.
A jubilant celebration marked Clinton's formal nomination for president [Charles Mostoller/Reuters]
The Democratic Party has made history by nominating Hillary Clinton to run for US president as the first woman to head a major party's presidential ticket.

Speaking via video link from New York after her nomination on Tuesday night, Hillary Clinton told the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia that she was honoured to have been chosen as the party's nominee.

"I am so happy. It's been a great day and night. What an incredible honour that you have given me. And I can't believe that we've just put the biggest crack in that glass ceiling yet. Thanks to you and everyone who has fought so hard to make this possible," she said.

"And if there are any little girls out there, who have stayed up late to watch, let me just say: I may become the first woman president, but one of you is next."

We just put the biggest crack in that glass ceiling yet.” —Hillary https:///mYkaLIv861

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) July 27, 2016
Delegates erupted in cheers throughout the roll call of states on the floor of the convention earlier in the evening. 

Clinton passed the 2,383 votes needed to secure the nomination.

"We knew this was going to happen because obviously we knew she was the presumptive nominee and that she had all the votes that she needed from the primaries. But what happened here was a roll call, state by state announcing their votes. How many for Bernie Sanders. How many for Hillary Clinton. And a great deal of drama in the room,"

'The best darn change maker'

In nominating Clinton, delegate after delegate at the convention made the point that the selection of a woman was a milestone in America's 240-year-old history. US women got the right to vote in 1920.

Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by CJERRYEMILEX(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2016
This is good for American's democracy but i see Trump winning that election.
Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2016
I prefer Hilary Clinton to Donald T. Congratulations to Clinton.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by Luckylife(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2016
Interesting! But can Americans really allow a lady to be the president at this period of Islamic terrorists revolution?
Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by iyimide(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2016
CJERRYEMILEX:
This is good for American's democracy but i see Trump winning that election.
call me on 08024017124 to place your bet.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by ukanaukana(m): 7:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Time for a woman to mount that seat. Hillary Clinton Like if u are a woman

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by ukanaukana(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2016
Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by ukanaukana(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2016
Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by duduade: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2016
The Clinton's family will make history in this world... Especially if Hillary wins.. First it was the husband... Now wife...

Abeg weldone

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by theEYe21(f): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
I prefer Hilary Clinton to Donald T. Congratulations to Clinton.
Re: BREAKING : Hillary Clinton Has Just Been Nominated As Female President by theEYe21(f): 8:02am On Jul 27, 2016
If they can allow a black man to be president, a big YES!
Luckylife:
Interesting! But can Americans really allow a lady to be the president at this period of Islamic terrorists revolution?

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Hired Prostitutes In Russia / Video: FIFA President Teaches Donald Trump What Yellow Card And Red Card Mean. / Ex-Ghanaian President, Jerry Rawlings Seen Controlling Traffic In Accra - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.