Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job (995 Views)

Lose Weight Or You Risk Losing Your Job. Customs Boss Charge Officers / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / 10 Things You Must Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start Your Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job by Bustybee: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2016
https://insidify.com/discovery/expect-the-best-prepare-for-the-worst-what-to-do-before-you-lose-your-job.

So, I heard that a branch of an oil and gas company closed up it's Abuja branch recently. I didn't know how to react to the news because I didn't want to blame the company (I mean, we're in a recession). But I also didn't know what to do with the thoughts that were running through my mind; what will the staff do? What preparations did they make for them? What compensation will they get? And then I thought, maybe they got a heads up, but really, is there anything like that?

If you're like me, and you believe there's nothing like a heads up, you prolly have an exit plan already. But if you believe you'll get a warning and you don't have an exit plan, then you need to step back and have a rethink, because if you’re in a paid employment by someone that’s not you, you’ll need an exit plan.

An exit plan doesn’t mean you leave your employer stranded. On the other hand it’s more of understanding from the day you were employed that the system is not designed to make you prosper, rather you must capitalize on the system and bring out your success.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I’ll like to say that companies sometimes, to improve performance or productivity, periodically review and adjust their business plans and processes. Hence, the emergence of new capital, changes in ownership, or changing economic circumstances can often lead to re-organization and restructuring within a company. So, it is not uncommon for job losses to result, and in some cases it may be the only way for a company to move forward and thrive.

Thing is, as employees, we fail to realize that there are other stakeholders, in fact, the ultimate stakeholders are the shareholders / business owners.

What to do?

Continue reading here... https://insidify.com/discovery/expect-the-best-prepare-for-the-worst-what-to-do-before-you-lose-your-job.

1 Share

Re: Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job by NigAmbassador: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bustybee:
https://insidify.com/discovery/expect-the-best-prepare-for-the-worst-what-to-do-before-you-lose-your-job.

So, I heard that a branch of an oil and gas company closed up it's Abuja branch recently. I didn't know how to react to the news because I didn't want to blame the company (I mean, we're in a recession). But I also didn't know what to do with the thoughts that were running through my mind; what will the staff do? What preparations did they make for them? What compensation will they get? And then I thought, maybe they got a heads up, but really, is there anything like that?

If you're like me, and you believe there's nothing like a heads up, you prolly have an exit plan already. But if you believe you'll get a warning and you don't have an exit plan, then you need to step back and have a rethink, because if you’re in a paid employment by someone that’s not you, you’ll need an exit plan.

An exit plan doesn’t mean you leave your employer stranded. On the other hand it’s more of understanding from the day you were employed that the system is not designed to make you prosper, rather you must capitalize on the system and bring out your success.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I’ll like to say that companies sometimes, to improve performance or productivity, periodically review and adjust their business plans and processes. Hence, the emergence of new capital, changes in ownership, or changing economic circumstances can often lead to re-organization and restructuring within a company. So, it is not uncommon for job losses to result, and in some cases it may be the only way for a company to move forward and thrive.

Thing is, as employees, we fail to realize that there are other stakeholders, in fact, the ultimate stakeholders are the shareholders / business owners.

What to do?

Continue reading here... https://insidify.com/discovery/expect-the-best-prepare-for-the-worst-what-to-do-before-you-lose-your-job.

Pointed
Re: Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job by Bustybee: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
How to Get Back Into the Job Market After a Long Absence

If you’ve been out of a job for a while then you already know how tough it is to find full-time employment. Even though the job market is improving, it remains difficult for anyone to find work after a long absence.

People who have been out of work for a long-time – say, one year or longer – generally fall into one of four categories, each having its own specific challenges:
continue reading here: https://insidify.com/discovery/how-to-get-back-into-the-job-market-after-a-long-absence#

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy 69RC / HSE And PMP Professionals / My Joblessness Is Driving Me Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.