Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians (28473 Views)

Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / 11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by wristbangle: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
NewOmenka:
I have been observing the way things have taken a turn for the worse since Buhari became president and I have the following advise for him if he will listen to move this nation forward:

1. Buhari should apologise for his 5% speech even if he has to do it in a diplomatic way.

2. He should immediately form an inclusive government; bring qualified people from the eastern axis of this country(i.e SS & SE) into the sensitive parts of government including the oil sector and the military.

3. Find a way of releasing Nnamdi kanu even if it is to arrange a prison break.

4. Take a look at the last confab report, there are many wonderful recommendation there. He may not accept all the recommendations but he could at least implement some.

5. He should personally visit the SE/SS and reassure them that we are all Nigerians and can still work together to make this nation great again.

6. He should make sure that there is a very functional seaport in the SS like Apapa in Lagos and create policies to deliberatly drive traffic to that port. This will greatly impact the economy of the region and will help spread development. Nigeria is too big to rely on Apapa for almost everything, things cannot go on like this.

7. A lot of the tension in the land today is because of struggle for power at the center. We can decide to revert to a regional style of government where your Premier is like your president such that the centre would be considerably weakened and unattractive. All this struggle for who becomes president will cease. Alternatively, we can adopt a system of rotaional presidency recognising the six geopolitical zone structure(experts can work on this and come out with something good).

Nigeria can be united and work again if Buhari can be wise.

1. I agree

2. I agree

3. I strongly disagree. Kanu is a threat to Nigeria peace.

4 and 5. I agree

6. Somewhat agree

7. I agree

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by kgr8mike(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Make Internet access a fundamental human right in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Kosy79(f): 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

Wailing, protesting, cursing, ultimatums, etc won't stop him from ruling over you and "our oyel". To PMB belongs the entire Nigeria and whoever and whatever therein. Deal with it.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah someone should give this dude a medal lol!. Ruling Nigeria won't stop him from being skinny, won't stop him from being a president with one blocked ear. Hope u know PMB will not rule Nigeria to eternity. Nigeria is one sort of hell and zoo so let him rule her while it last. presidency is not an everlasting position.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Guyman02: 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
You mean to pacify IPOB yoots?? angry angry

Not funny
Very poor attempt at being a comedienne
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by veraponpo(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Only those of you who never liked him are still complaining.

The Groups are :

1. South East : About 90% of the Igbo people never liked him without a cogent reason. They were like the people of Israel who wanted Jesus dead and asked for the release of Barnabas the thief.

2. South South: About 75% of the South-South people went for GEJ and it is just natural that they would feel bad for the loss.

3. Yoruba PDP Members: About 45% of Yoruba votes went for GEJ. These PDP members are still believing that anything is still possible to restore PDP to the Central Government.

The truth is Buhari is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. He may not be the technocrat that we want, he might not be the genius that we desire but he is the one that can be dogged enough in the fight against corruption and insecurity.

Our economic challenge will soon be over, so it is a challenge that cannot be seen as perennial . We need to pray for Buhari that God should guide him right so that every step he takes will bring positive result to the country.

You have to see what is happening in Venezuela to appreciate where we are in Nigeria. If GEJ had won re-election in 2015 maybe we would have been sold off to another country because he was such a docile leader and unserious C in C of the Armed Forces.

I believe in Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by DropShot: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
ajepako:

Why not? With an Isrealite and Moses-like leader, we are assured of the Promised land flowing with milk and honey..

Ok, who is the Isrealite nah? Name him please so I can pass the message to him.

grin
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by ajepako(f): 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

Ok, who is the Isrealite nah? Name him please so I can pass the message to him.

grin

Not PMB, not GEJ..

How about STONE??

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Guyman02: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Jombojombo:

King of the Zombies

She is a lady not a man; so you can call Queen of the Zombies
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by DropShot: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
bayelsaowei:
but he needs these regions to fund his freaking budget...make something strike your mouth and hand there.... angry angry
I can feel your pain and frustration. Soweee. Kpele. Daalum.
Btw, it's "our oyel" and it only gave us 30% of our earnings in June.

grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by DropShot: 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
ajepako:

Not PMB, not GEJ..

How about STONE??

grin grin grin grin
We await the stone in 2019!

grin
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by sweetilicious(f): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
DanceVille:
What Buhari can really do to regain the trust of Nigerians Are:

1. Free Medical Service Across The Nation

2. More Employment Opportunities

3. Good Farming Facilities And Granting Of Loan
To Farmers

4. Incentives To Workers Especially Teachers

5. Be Truthful And Sincere

Just my thinking tho.

Don't forget to vote fynestboi for Mr Nairaland 2016.
Join the Team today.
Yes i agree with you
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Even if he does all that, peeps will still complain...

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by hopilo: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Implement 2014 Confab report and restructure Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Chuksyno(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
Nothing he does will please some of you.

The hatred is deep. The good thing is he doesn't really need SE/SS to win a 2nd term.
Shut it zombie.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by ajepako(f): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

We await the stone in 2019!

grin

grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Good....STONE 2019, fellow Nigerians..

Endorsed by Ajepako and Dropshot..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by sweetilicious(f): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Akinlekanwr:
I never trusted him. I only look up to God... Buhari can f*** off
I only look to God my dear.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Emmatdayo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]

The hatred is deep. The good thing is he doesn't really need SE/SS to win a 2nd term.
gbam, u nailed it, he only needs we the great afonjas(pillars of nigeria) and we are ready to support grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by ANIEXTY(m): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bolustic:
Dear Op,

From which credible poll did you read that Nigerians have lost trust in the President? The truth is the people who voted him knows the rot of 16 years wouldn't be cleaned in 2 years.

How would you claim you trust someone and still give his opponent over 82% of your votes?

It's better you say the people of SS/SE don't trust him. They never lost trust in PMB coz they never trusted him.

So because he wants to clean the rot of 16 years they most be hardship in land(first ever recorded in Nigeria), price of korosine,fuel,food, even dollar to naira must be high ?

i like your fighting spirit upon all this you still want to hide the truth, ok kwantinue.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by HRich(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
adedayoa2:
dude GEJ failed, Buhari is failing, why live in the past? He should hand over to you now.
Lolz. Please not to me. Infact take the power. He should hand over to you, then you will become the first female president.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by bayelsaowei(m): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

I can feel your pain and frustration. Soweee. Kpele. Daalum.
Btw, it's "our oyel" and it only gave us 30% of our earnings in June.

grin
grin grin grin...keep decieiving yourself....CBN don tell us say no salaries by the end of the year.... grin grin grin...but it makes me wonder why the old president is so getting ready to use the military against the niger delta...he should not bother about the region na since non oil revenue wan kill am... cheesy cheesy...but we all know the charade...freaking leeches...i dont know if youre yoruba...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by grodt999: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Does not need all that, just

appologize for supporting sharia (and disregarding the Nigerian constitution)
Stop his fellow fulani herdsmen from constantly murdering Nigerians
Probe the source of wealth used by Tinubu and others in APC to elect him
Investigate the husbands of his daughters who stole money as governors and senators
Probe the source of IBB's wealth

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by bayelsaowei(m): 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emmatdayo:
gbam, u nailed it, he only needs we the great afonjas and we are ready to support grin grin grin
buhari just need zombies who choose to slave for the north at all cost to vote for him..the almajiri-like individuals... cheesy cheesy...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by bayelsaowei(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
veraponpo:

Only those of you who never liked him are still complaining.

The Groups are :

1. South East : About 90% of the Igbo people never liked him without a cogent reason. They were like the people of Israel who wanted Jesus dead and asked for the release of Barnabas the thief.

2. South South: About 75% of the South-South people went for GEJ and it is just natural that they would feel bad for the loss.

3. Yoruba PDP Members: About 45% of Yoruba votes went for GEJ. These PDP members are still believing that anything is still possible to restore PDP to the Central Government.

The truth is Buhari is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. He may not be the technocrat that we want, he might not be the genius that we desire but he is the one that can be dogged enough in the fight against corruption and insecurity.

Our economic challenge will soon be over, so it is a challenge that cannot be seen as perennial . We need to pray for Buhari that God should guide him right so that every step he takes will bring positive result to the country.

You have to see what is happening in Venezuela to appreciate where we are in Nigeria. If GEJ had won re-election in 2015 maybe we would have been sold off to another country because he was such a docile leader and unserious C in C of the Armed Forces.

I believe in Buhari.

this is always the view of cretins..you guys use that line to always defend the certificateless president..the king of the north...rubbish...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bolustic:
Dear Op,

From which credible poll did you read that Nigerians have lost trust in the President? The truth is the people who voted him knows the rot of 16 years wouldn't be cleaned in 2 years.

How would you claim you trust someone and still give his opponent over 82% of your votes?

It's better you say the people of SS/SE don't trust him. They never lost trust in PMB coz they never trusted him.

Did people of the SS and SE lose trust in yaraadua ? Or was he not from the North ? ?so what's different ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by LORDOFAFONJAS: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

Lol!

You could have asked him to resign and hand over to an Isrealite.
TRUMP is coming to make us great again grin
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Excuzeme: 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
kentuta:
People like dropshot and omenka will come and tag this op as a tribal bigot without having any constructive opinion to counter the op... #Saddest that should go and hide their heads in shame...

Yes, the poster is nothing but one of those IPAD Yoots whose hatred, bitterness and anger is likely to follow them into the grave.

#5,000
Ask yourself:
With the present price of goods in Nigeria, what would #5,000 do to you or how will it solve anyone's problem?
Not to mention the artificial inflation it will cause!

VISIT S/SOUTH & S/EAST:

Just a few months back, to commence the clean-up operation initiated by the President (Buubu), he was supposed to go to the S/South.

But the vandals from that side PROMISED TO KILL HIM IF HE COMES OVER.

The same Vandals are here today saying if he visited the S/South, it will make their anger and hatred go away! Na lie!

BUILD PROJECTS
This Buhari has ensured enough money is made available for Capital projects in every region.
Thieves like Saraki tried to remove and divert such funds to their pocket and guess what, teh same IPAD Yoots were supporting Saraki and his 40-Thieves!
The President just commissioned the Abuja-Kano rail line but guess what, the same IPAD Yoots said its not worth it because it was started by GEJ.
Common sense should tell anyone that Capital projects dont get done and finished within a few Months.

NOTHING Buhari does, can satisfy those hwo hate him with a passion: IPAD Yoots, TANoids and other PAID, evil agents of GEJ.

Buhari only needs to do THREE THINGS, to write his name in GOLD:

a) Regular and affordable ELECTRICITY

b) IMPROVED SECURITY

c.) Support Small Scale farmers on a large scale (Agric Villages and Settlements)

I may also add that his appointments needs to better reflect the plurality and secular nature of the Nation.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Skmoda360(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]

second term you say, keep dreaming he is gonna enter in his dream, he only have Northern part to himself now, Yoruba people will never vote for that bastard dullard president again #Alwaysayorubamanforeverone

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by DropShot: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
Skmoda360:

second term you say, keep dreaming he is gonna enter in his dream, he only have Northern part to himself now, Yoruba people will never vote for that bastard dullard president again #Alwaysayorubamanforeverone
You said and vented your frustration more than this in 2015. Make sure you keep your BP in check before 2019 and after.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Earth2Metahuman: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
Lmao

Flat heads talking about "loooosing" trusts ..

Hahahahah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man / Why Osibanjo Not Participating In Tinubu’s Rallies – APC / Ex-Minister Bello Maitama Yusuf Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.