Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 (71226 Views)

Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) / Robbery : Four To Die By Firing Squad / Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by MmmS(f): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
dridowu:
The Friday execution will reportedly be carried out by firing squad.

Indonesia is all set to carry out its next round of executions on Friday, 29 July, which will include several foreign nationals. A Pakistani embassy official has reportedly said that one of those is a Pakistani national.

The country, which faced international criticism after executing 14 prisoners in January and April 2015 – most of whom were found guilty of drug peddling, has 16 more prisoners on its list for this year. The Friday execution will be carried out by firing squad and will include a citizen of Nigeria and one of Zimbabwe, in addition to the Pakistani prisoner.

Syed Zahid Raza, charge d'affaires at the Pakistani embassy in capital Jakarta, told Reuters on Tuesday, 26 July, that the Indonesian attorney general's office invited him to meet with their officials. He was then informed about the imminent execution of Zulfikar Ali, convicted of smuggling drugs, when the fresh round of executions take place on Friday.

The diplomat, however, said that Ali will make one last attempt to escape capital punishment by appealing for clemency directly to Indonesian President Joko Widodo.

Pakistan has reportedly requested Indonesia to stay Ali's execution, arguing that his 2005 trial was unfair. But Indonesia is determined to crack down on drug traffickers saying the country is facing a "drugs emergency" and thus, they will show no mercy to the offenders.

Meanwhile, Noor Rochmad, Junior Attorney General for public crime affairs in Indonesia, was quoted by Antara News as saying on Monday (25 July) that the office would announce the date and number of inmates to be executed once those details are finalised.

The executions are due to take place at a maximum security prison on Nusakambangan Island in Central Java, Reuters reported, adding that those likely to face the death penalty this week include citizens of France, Britain and the Philippines.

Indonesia's online news website Tempo reported on Tuesday that 14 death row prisoners convicted in drug trafficking cases have already been moved to an isolation cell in Batu Penitentiary in the Nusakambangan Island. They were moved in the isolation cell around 10pm local time on Monday (25 July). "There are 14 people. Two from Pasir Putih Penitentiary, two from Kembang Kuning Penitentiary, one from Besi Penitentiary, and nine from Batu Penitentiary," one source in Batu Penitentiary told the news portal.

Frederick Luttar is a Nigerian who entered Indonesia with a fake Zimbabwean passport

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by onatisi(m): 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Ofemmanu1: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Knowledge9000:
To Afonjas already commenting. You have no shame...I'll rather die overseas than to be a coward and let Hausa-Fulani slaughter me in my own land in Lagos and do nothing. Nnamdi Kanu envisioned that all these young men will come home when the Nation of the Rising Sun is restored to stop the sufferings of our people overseas. These men want to come back but only in the nation of the rising sun!
I'd love to shop but i aint buying your bullsh.it.

4 Likes

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by jojothaiv(m): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
To the damned....
I just don't know what to say....
And to those who will try their luck.....
You can't tell, if it's your doom day....
Anyway, condolences!

1 Like

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Maximus85(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
denkyw:
some ignorant people above me think the nigerians among them are igbos, smh!. but sorry to disappoint you, his from the west and his name is Adekunle jacob. Read this news earlier from naij, the O.P intentionally decided to remove the name for his evil agenda, smh!!

Who ask you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by YourNemesis: 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
lol at some of the posts here.
Don't need to comment again.
Justice has been rightly served here at the Nigerian end of things.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by mindtricks: 12:33am On Jul 28, 2016
Sad!
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 28, 2016
name checkers, name checking bla bla , this isnt funny. if you dont know what to say , please keep quiet. talking about soul of men.
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by obainosis4real: 1:28am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=goshen26 post=47942299]Choi....all the five names came from a region...[/quote plus ur father name Ape and ur uncle's name humphry and d remain one remember? dat ur cousin nah....
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by obainosis4real: 1:34am On Jul 28, 2016
goshen26:
Choi....all the five names came from a region...
plus ur Father's name Ape and ur uncles Humphry and Titus. FOOL
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 28, 2016
herzern:
Eugene Ape
Humphrey Jefferson
Obinna Nwajagu
Michael Titus
Okonkwo Nonso Kingsley

Even thouqh this is a sad event to Niqeria as a whole.......NCAN...Oyo state chapter sends condolences to our hardworkinq jewish brothers....just imaqine!.....Our Jewish brothers bought all the five slots for Nigeria grin

The Los Angeles offices of NCAN - International was agog today.

Will this be televised?

3 Likes

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 28, 2016
malmo:
name checkers, name checking bla bla , this isnt funny. if you dont know what to say , please keep quiet. talking about soul of men.

And what about the souls of those that OD'd on their drugs?

1 Like

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Blackfire(m): 5:23am On Jul 28, 2016
wizzakosh:
what is this one talking about. Do u knw the meaning of that nemesis? Who send them to carry drug that nemesis will catch. You fall hand oo.

read my post again slowly 3 times ok.

Now look at it from this angle, if u ve a friend who is a chronic womanizer and one day he realised he has AIDS full blown... When u heard the news what will u do? Jump up and start dancing azonto+ laughing at him whenever he passes by? knowing his days are numbered... Or u throw that arrogance away and replace it with humility before your God,hoping u don't turn out to be such.
Making others also learn that no short cut to wealth , for it will cut u short.

Forget about your falling hand.. Sey u don't see person wey him hand dey always hang.

*don't because u wont to upgrade your family from poverty, risk your life with death, if anything happen to u, after a year everybody will forget about u*

-who wants to insult his CHI/ ELEDA again?-
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by galadima77(m): 5:49am On Jul 28, 2016
olaniyi0:
oponu apoda! ur brothers smuggled drug they are not killing them with glory but shame, ur mama still dey yeast running helter and skelter to avoid herdsmen killing them like fowls everyday and u are here spewing thrash like a volcanoe, didinrin

Epic response
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Reference(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Racism everywhere. That is why we are confident Nigeria cannot move forward and her fortunes moving forward are firmly anchored. Most advancing countries are actively battling it knowing that if they fail, they are finished.
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2016
Blackfire:

Now look at it from this angle, if u ve a friend who is a chronic womanizer and one day he realised he has AIDS full blown... When u heard the news what will u do? Jump up and start dancing azonto+ laughing at him whenever he passes by? knowing his days are numbered... Or u throw that arrogance away and replace it with humility before your God,hoping u don't turn out to be such.

Forget about your falling hand.. Sey u don't see person wey him hand dey always hang.

*don't because u wont to upgrade your family from poverty, risk your life with death, if anything happen to u, after a year everybody will forget about u*

can u hear urself, definitely u don't understand the word 'nemesis' cos if u do, u won't use it in ur statement. Nobody does bad to them that nemesis will catch. They themselves knw the penalty if you are caught in that side of the world. Yet, they still went ahead. When God is watching over you, you have to watch over yourself.
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Trendin(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2016
People are dying and people are celebrating
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Kaysalas(m): 7:15am On Jul 28, 2016
Blackfire:

Guy! see ehn? U seem to me a good well brought up ibo boy, nairaland tribal section is not for people like you. I understand how you feel but if you can, avoid threads like this, people ain't sane here wink
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by ATERI(m): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2016
Those celebrating this would eventually be killed by tribalism, so what is the difference? Death is death!
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by fairygeh(f): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by blacq2009(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2016
The first name tho. Ape- chimp or gorilla?
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by remiopash: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=Knowledge9000 post=47941419]To Afonjas already commenting. You have no shame...I'll rather die overseas than to be a coward and let Hausa-Fulani slaughter me in my own land in Lagos and do nothing. Nnamdi Kanu envisioned that all these young men will come home when the Nation of the Rising Sun is restored to stop the sufferings of our people overseas. These men want to come back but only in the nation of the rising sun! [/quote

You are just justifying stupidity..Igbos are the most stupid set of people I know..If Afonjas cant go that stupid level ,that is why you cant see their names on the list.They are not cowards;they only apply wisdom to everything they do.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by sinola(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2016
ojun50:
Any were them mention death u most see Nigeria there.

where is the briton.I am interested in his name
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by missKiffy(f): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2016
Iceberg3:

haba! Kei u,u dis gombe yanriya.....wia u dey since...
I dey somewhere cool cool
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by herzern(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The Los Angeles offices of NCAN - International was agog today.

Will this be televised?

Hopefully grin
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by guji(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2016
Abikedabri led committee has gone round worldwide prisons and deduced that in every country,s prison there most be at-least one Nigerian, imagine even in Niger Republic the committee found a Nigerian citizen in their prison.
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by bareal(m): 8:47am On Jul 28, 2016
wizzakosh:
what is this one talking about. Do u knw the meaning of that nemesis? Who send them to carry drug that nemesis will catch. You fall hand oo.

He obviously does not know what nemesis is, hence he used it in that context. well, no offense, lemme help him out....

1. A person or character who specifically brings about the downfall of another person or character....nemesis. Their characters are SPECIFICALLY bringing about the downfall of our great country.

2. The principle of retributive justice.
(usually) A punishment or defeat that is DESERVED and cannot be avoided. Now they are bring punished JUSTLY and cannot be avoided even if you shout tribal war from now till next year, they are getting what they deserve.

3. The polar opposite of a character.
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. The agents have taken a stand against drug peddlers and other vices and it's reasonably justifiable. That's nemesis since my brothers in the yeast can do anything for money even killing their entire family. They already know that they would be killed if they are caught yet, they went ahead because of money, that's how stupid they can be atimes.
Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by yusuf99(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Knowledge9000:
To Afonjas already commenting. You have no shame...I'll rather die overseas than to be a coward and let Hausa-Fulani slaughter me in my own land in Lagos and do nothing. Nnamdi Kanu envisioned that all these young men will come home when the Nation of the Rising Sun is restored to stop the sufferings of our people overseas. These men want to come back but only in the nation of the rising sun!

where is d land of rising sun? i understand that u r one of thosr that escaped, if i were pmb i'll hav let u go so tha my country can get rid of criminals of ur type bicos it seem to be ur tribe is the only tribe tanishing nigeria's image out there.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by grodt999: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2016
ojun50:
Any were them mention death u most see Nigeria there.

No, get it right...these are i/bos. Not the same.
pls don't compare the entire country with greedy get rich or die trying people who destroy the country's name

1 Like

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by adnilyie: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2016
when you see igbo boiz cruising around town, now you know how dey get their money. no Youruba of Hausa man is on this list.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia To Execute 5 Nigerians By Firing Squad On July 29, 2016 by Supercee01(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2016
KOBOJO:

Ade the ode....you see how foolish you are and how incapacitated u are in reasoning a right....

So in Yorubaland ..there are no criminals abi ??

You fools. You fools. You fools.

Know ye now that the first person that was killed over drug related business in Indonesia is a YORUBA.

TUNDE IS THE 1ST NIGERIAN THAT WAS KILLED IN JAKARTA INDONESIA.

TUNDE AND HIS SISTER STARTED USING INDONESIA AS PORT OF TRANSIT TO LONDON.

HE REFUSED TO SELL TO NIGERIANS WHO THEN HAD INDONESIAN CUSTOMERS.

HE STARTED SELLING HIS STUFF IN JAKARTA INDONESIA WHEN ONE OF THEIRS BIRDS WAS NABBED IN LONDON.

TUNDE COULDN'T TRAVEL TO LONDON OR EUROPE BECAUSE THE BIRD WAS USING HIS INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. THE BIRD WAS HIS CLASSMATE HE WANTED TO ASSIST.

TUNDES SISTER LATER MOVED TO JAKARTA INDONESIA AND LEFT AFTER FEW MONTHS.

TUNDE AND HIS SISTER WHERE THE BIGGEST SHOTS IN FAR EAST ASIA. THEY MADE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WITHIN 4-5 YEARS.

YOU WOULD NEVER SEE TUNDE SHOWING OFF, EVEN IN THE CLUBS OR MALLS.

TUNDE IS WELL KNOWN FOR SHORT NICCAS (COMBAT SHORTS) AND EXPENSIVE WRISTWATCHES.

WHY MOST NIGERIANS IN JAKARTA INDONESIA GO TO JAIL IS BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO GO HOME AFTER STRIKING DEALS WORTH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. THEY GET CARRIED AWAY WITH CLUBS GIRLS, NIGHT LIFE AND SHOPPING MALLS.

HELL WAS LET LOOSE THE DAY TUNDE WAS SHOT. WE STAYED INDOORS FOR DAYS. IF TUNDE THAT WAS CODED TO THE CORE COULD BE SHOT THEN WHO THE FK ARE YOU THAT GOES ABOUT SHOWING OFF.?

TUNDE'S CORPS WAS RETRIEVED FEW DAYS LATER AND WAS SENT TO LAGOS VIA CARGO.

LOTS OF NAIJA GUYS CAME HOMES FOR HIS BURIAL AND SOME NEVER BACK TO INDONESIA AGAIN.

ALTHOUGH THERE ARE A MILLION AND ONE LEGITIMATE BUSINESS TO DO IN INDONESIA THAT FETCHES MEGA MONEY.

ONLY THE IGBOS FROM ONITSHA THAT BENEFITS FROM SUCH BUSINESS. KINDS OF ORANGE DRUGS, EMMA BISHOP OF ONITSHA AND TONY GANGER OF ONITSHA. E. T. C.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Another 14 Yahoo Boys In Lagos State. / Drug Dealer Buries Himself Alive In US To Escape Arrest (Photos) / Ugochukwu Sandra Alexandra Nneka Declared Wanted By EFCC. Ex Classmate Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.