Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon (9978 Views)

Kaduna To Prosecute Anyone Who Rejects Polio Vaccines / EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd), on Wednesday called for the prosecution of anyone indicted for budget padding.
He insisted that those connected to the matter should be prosecuted to serve as deterrent to others.
Speaking with journalists at the Health Caravan and Award Ceremony for the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, who was conferred with the title of Royal Ambassador for Hepatitis Advocacy in Nigeria, by the Seham Health Care Foundation, Gowon wondered why budget padding has become the order of the day in Nigeria.
He said such never occurred during his administration.
He said: “If that is true. If anybody is doing that, the person should be checked and stopped to ensure that such does not occur in the future. We didn’t do it during my time. We had the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo in-charge of our finance during my time and he taught us to survive without borrowing. Such (budget padding) should stop, there is no point doing that.”
The former Head of State also urged President Muhammadu Buhari to firm up the ailing economy in order to alleviate the suffering of the masses.

http://thenationonlineng.net/anybody-indicted-budget-padding-must-prosecuted-gowon/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by kayusely70(m): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
Yes they must be jailed

14 Likes

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Ratello: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
I can see Dogara warming up for Kuje soon

More to follow later.

14 Likes

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by NaijaMutant(f): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
ok
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Businessideas: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Saraki and Dogara pair was a lethal combo armo to stop Buhari from fighting corruption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Flyingngel(m): 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
This few days Dogara will not sleep with two of his eyes close. I bet he has turn to shadow hunter moving frm one place to another in order to block any lope holes. But God pass am. Politicians are like this because of the citizenry who instead of demanding for accountability are always demanding for peanuts during and after election.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Sharon6(f): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
True talk. Let all of them polithiefcians rot in Kuje prison

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Chanchit: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
I know Jibrin is not also a saint, so Dogara should just tag him along on his way to kuje-ile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by CACAWA(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2016
I pity Jibrin...

This same Abdulmuminu Jibrin, when PMB refused to sign the budget, claiming that there was so much padding from the National Assembly, this is what he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6aGLRFlau0

He has put himself in the middle and there will be no one to save him.

When PMB asked for the house and senate to send delegates that will sit down with the minister of budget to correct the budget, he refused to go, claiming that the House should just give PMB 30days after which they will veto it (see video clip at time 9:48). He was so pompous.

Dogara had to nominate this same deputy speaker, Lasun, and finally, the nonsense from the budget was removed.

So, if Jibrin, who stood firmly on what the house padded is now claiming that Dogara and Lasun were the ones that did the padding, why was he so adamant on helping PMB to correct the budget?

He will met Dogara in court, because even if both of them connived, he as a business man cannot be as smart as Dogara (A trained Lawyer) in covering his tracks.

If Jibrin was ever honest, he would have been the first to agree with PMB. It is pride that he has and that will finish him. He has made several mistakes, even the evidence against Dogara he is bringing...funny enough, those are within the powers of the Speakers office to approve "requests" made by members and "recommend" to Jibrin's committee. And those amounts all came under the 100 billion naira allocated to National Assembly for zonal intervention. From his evidence, we even saw how Dogara was approving only 40% of what the members were begging for. But can Jibrin show us who he consulted before adding 4 billion naira as his own share of the zonal intervention?

But whatever the case is, all of these issues are not stealing, neither are they abuse of office, because the house procedure is not clear on who has the powers to share the zonal intervention funds. So all he has succeeded in doing is defamation....he will not only be expelled from the house, he will be made to pay. He thinks Femi Gbajabiamila will be able to save him..unfortunately, from that video, he is more of an APC enemy than Dogara...and no one wants to associate with such a pompous criminal.

Jibrin is the guilty one

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
How many politicians have been jailed since this administration ?

Oh please, we know nigga ain't going to no freaking jail in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by eleko1: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
jail is exclusive for the POOR. U steal one phone, dey burn u /steal billion, dey praise u to high heaven or tell u STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.Niagra!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Toluwani111: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
If you agree, click LIKE, if you disagree, Click SHARE

6 Likes

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by sayyid(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
it's a clear thing now that our prison is not ment for the rich or powerful people it is only ment for the poor because our laws and the people that are custodian of the laws are bad and ill reformed. that is why there will always be corruption in Nigeria because they always know that even if they are caught they are going no where. where is Saraki, Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB and co. today? they are still the ones controlling Nigeria and is that supposed to be so?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Aroh48(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
Jail
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by CoolFreeday(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2016
That will be great.
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by usmanjay(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
let's wait and see
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by cyberdurable(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
Aroh48:
Jail
sayyid:
eleko1:
m
CACAWA:
Ok
NaijaMutant:
ok

cry cry buhari look up... That's our unemployed youths booking space on Nairaland as if it pays....

8 Likes

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by mapet: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
Budget padding should be a criminal offence. Lawyers in the house, what say ye.....

1 Like

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by sheunflexy(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
seriously
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by JingoOAU(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
So nobody should blame Buhari for not exciting 100percent of the budget

It's really a shame

3 Likes

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Umarlulu: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
This transgression should face the wrath of the law.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Tunami(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
I dont think dogara can go to jail because of the kind of judicial system we operate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by kstix(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
All this rep members serving their own belly must be cut down and brought to book..
Key sentence ''obafemi awolowo in charge of finances taught them to survive without borrowing'' fast forward.. Okonjo iweala taught us to survive by borrowing (paris club debt relief). Name checkers association. The rest is up to u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by emerged01(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Until we support this government against these destiny robbers, Nothing good can come out of this government. It's big shame that our activists are now sleeping and our save Nigerian group (SNG) are on vacation.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by cosby02(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
I hope no body will spring up to protest in support of these thieves anymore.
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by vand99: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
angry angry
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by geraldgiz(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
Padding or no padding, I don't care, they ain't putting food on my table. All I see in this govt is a govt that fights to pull down Christians in Key political positions and replace with Muslims, God is watching. It's not as if they are all Righteous. I ain't supporting corruption but in as much as the FG is yet to probe Dambazau and Brutai their is no fight against Corruption but fight against opposition and enemies. #myopinion quote me if u like, I don't care. I only look up to God and not the govt
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by paschal47(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 28, 2016
Na Brea$s$to them dey pad?
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by stephliet(f): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2016
Seriously,,,, Anyone involved should face d law. The masses ar really going through hell just to get their daily meal not to talk of their wants.
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by Scatterscatter(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2016
True
Re: Prosecute Anyone Who Pads The Budget - Gowon by ajebuter(f): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2016
The real Baba of the nation has spoken..
Well said sir..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News! Free Biafra #1000 Naira In Circulation At Abuja / Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles / 194 Eminent Elders Declare.......north Prepared For SNC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.