Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September (4049 Views)

Poll: Who Nicks This?

Arsenal: 100% (8 votes)
Wigan: 0% (0 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 / Arsenal Vs Wigan (4 - 1) On 14th May 2013 / Manchester City Vs Wigan : FA Cup (0 - 1) On 11th May 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by mukina2: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2009
Vs

Arsenal come from a less than convincing performance in their opening Champions League match against Standard Liege.After having lost their last two league matches to Man city and Man Utd respectively.Arsene Wenger's men got off to a horrible start in Belgium on Wednesday night but were able to overcome an early 2-0 deficit to capture the win 3-2.The win breaks a two game losing streak as Arsenal head home to take on Wigan.Tomas Rosicky made his first start of the season, Wenger has plenty of injury worries at the moment as Denilson, Almunia and Van Persie missed the Standard game and they remain major injury doubts, whereas Arshavin, Vela, Walcott, Fabianski, Nasri and Djourou remain on the sidelines. Nevertheless, despite all the problems, Wenger should be able to field a very strong side that have more than enough quality to win this match.

Wigan Athletic make the trip to London after last week's 1-0 victory over West Ham at the DW Stadium.
Hugo Rodallega scored his second goal of the season for the home side in the 55th minute, which proved to be the winner for Roberto Martinez's men.The match was fairly even throughout, though Martinez will feel that his team deserved the win after conceding a 93rd minute winner to Everton in their previous match.Jason Koumas returned from an injury against West Ham and Paul Scharner was rested after a busy week on international duty with Austria.Martinez should have a fully fit squad ahead of the match with Arsenal and will likely line up in the same 4-5-1 system that he employed against West Ham, with Rodallega as the lone striker.The visitors will be looking forward  to take advantage of Arsenal’s injury worries.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by tayoccu(m): 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
it might be a lil tough, but it's 3 points in the bag for us.
2-1 to the gunners.

thanks for the preview only GOD knows where our "yeye mod" go wink
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by slimshay(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
Home against wigan, i'm tempted to say easy one. But we all know how the easy one against Leige turned out.

What we have to do is keep full concentration throughout the game. Midfielders have more to do, infact Song would be taxed more, since his defense-abled partner dennilson is out and he has to make to with diaby, who's becoming more n more lax defensively.

I expect wigan to keep bodies back and wait to catch us on the break, but even liege parked the bus in front of their area and still got 3, so i dont see that saving them.

I hope Almunia makes it back, young Vito hasnt made his bones yet.

Victoria Secret's Concordance (copied) grin, Its the red and white army!!!
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by allboyz(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2009
4 Nil ( 4 - 1) tongue

FBS - nor con hia oooo tongue

well, its gonna be very tactically. . . .Wigan has never won a game in the last 5 Years against any of the BIG FOUR. . .i dont see them breaking that record. . .NOT EVEN wiv ARSENAL FC! tongue

FAB4
DUDU
SONG
RVP if he plays Or BENDTNER for the goals. . . .

Gunners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by tayoccu(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
I no mind if the scores na 1/2 - 0, i just want the 3 points.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by whitelexi(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2009
This should be pretty easy grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by edoyad(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2009
After loosing two some of our most difficult games on paper, There's nothing like a good old whipping to get that confidence going.
I'm beginning to forget what Nasri looks like, hope It's not an omen ?
As for Vela, when is he returning for christ's sake ?
Ramsey's slowly winning me over and won't mind him starting in this game.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by tayoccu(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
Please lord let our injured players return to full fitness soon.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by saworoide: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
A tricky one as every team now believe they can beat Arsenal. We should be able to secure a victory over Wigan at the emirates.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Cristalz(f): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2009
''Arsenal have already suffered back to back defeats. . .here's hoping Wigan can make it a hattrick at the Emirates''. grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Krayola(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2009
Cristalz:

''Arsenal have already suffered back to back defeats. . .here's hoping Wigan can make it a hattrick at the Emirates''. grin

Auntie Cristalz, i'll be worried about the heartbreak OT will suffer on sunday if i were U. But i'm not U, so i'm thinking about all that celebrating i'll be doing while u're watching ur team suffer. cool cool
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Cristalz(f): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
Uncle Krayola, let's even overlook the fact that City are outta strikers. . .there's more than just 3 points at stake here. United won't let City come wreak havoc on their home turf.
Still, the game will be tight 'cos Fergie has challenged Hughes to justify his massive spending.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by tkb417(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
3-0

Arsenal should add to the misery of Martinez

i hope Martinez with all his swagger will not be the first coach to be sacked!!

i give this to Arsenal
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by allboyz(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2009
tkb417:

3-0

Arsenal should add to the misery of Martinez

i hope Martinez with all his swagger will not be the first coach to be sacked!!

i give this to Arsenal

wink cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Borat1: 1:27am On Sep 19, 2009
No brainer this one. A solid thrashing awaits wigan
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2009
All things being equal,
If Diaby and Almunia don't score own goals,
Assenal 3- wigan 0
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by allboyz(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2009
BlueDiva:

All things being equal,
If Diaby and Almunia don't score own goals,
Assenal 3- wigan 0

wink

now ur talking like the BD i have always know!. . .wot happened to ya? did SWITCH47 turn your head wink
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by whitelexi(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2009
I'm already celebrating our success grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by presido1: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2009
N'zobia to score the only goal. If u have money just run to the bookies now.
I am making people millionires today.

Even AW beat on Wigan's favour. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2009
now your talking like the BD i have always know!. . .wot happened to ya? did SWITCH47 turn your head

This boy take time o. tongue
I spill it as i see it. wink
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by kabola2009(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2009
up gunners
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Cristalz(f): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2009
If you're wondering. . .DStv's got this one.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by follypimpi(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2009
This should be intresting Eboue is playing.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by HNIC(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2009
Here we go
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by hollandis(f): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2009
Eboue the mallam
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by whitelexi(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2009
any weblinks for this game? I'm kinda stranded at work!
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by follypimpi(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2009
HNIC:

Here we go

We should WIN this good pass from FAB4,Clichy should have done better with a good crossing
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by follypimpi(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2009
EBoue my guy grin grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by hollandis(f): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2009
What did wigan coach say about playing football the Barca way?Who got that part mid week?
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by follypimpi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2009
Good job SONG.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by Jairzinho(m): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2009
This may sound really,really strange,but Im in the UK right now & can't get the 3pm EPL games on any of the channels on cable.

Is something wrong or thats the way it is?
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September by follypimpi(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2009
I hope Gallas hasnt cop any injury.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Manchester United (0 - 5) On March 18th 2012 / Bayern Munich Vs Juventus: UCL (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2013 / Manchester United Vs Wolves (4 - 1) On Saturday 10th December 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.