Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

9 Questions That Will Make You Sound Lazy At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 9 Questions That Will Make You Sound Lazy At A Job Interview (572 Views)

This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! / My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / Preparing For Interview Questions That Do Not Have A Right Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Questions That Will Make You Sound Lazy At A Job Interview by Samguine: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Job interviews are not meant to scare you. They are the meant to be a reflection of your qualifications and abilities. It is okay if you ask questions as it concerns the job – but it is not okay if you ask some certain questions, that will make you sound lazy, and may disqualify you for the job.

1. 'Can I make personal calls during the day?': This question should not even come up at all, not when you have not got the job. It totally interprets that you are not focused and will be easily swayed by personal things.

2. 'Will I have to work long hours?': Asking this question screams aloud that: You're pretty lazy!' You don't have to ask this question, your working hours will be clearly stated upon the confirmation of your appointment, and sometimes during the interview. It doesn't have to come from you.

3. 'Will I have my own office?': Having an office to your self does not matter to getting your job done. This question just makes you sound entitled. Be prepared to work your way up toward certain perks, like getting a big, fancy office. Some jobs require sitting around other co-workers to see how things are done and facilitate team work.

4. 'Do you monitor emails or internet usage?': This question will raise red flags. Your interviewer might worry that you plan to slack off on social media all day.

5. 'How soon can I take a vacation?': Why should you ask this? Planning your time off before you've even gotten the job sends the message that you're not committed to the work, and you are ready to whisk off at the earliest holiday.

6. 'What's My job?': Did you just ask that? This question can really put the interview off, and abruptly put an end to your interview. You should definitely look up your what your job entails before hand.

7. 'Can I arrive early or leave late as long as I get my work done?': Don't try to make adjustments to the schedule before you've even been offered the job.

8. 'That sounds like a lot of work': This statement means that you're already complaining about the work load before you even start the job.

9. 'What does your company do?': It's one thing to ask them to explain their role and responsibilities, but it's another to ask them their job title. This tells the interviewer that you're either absent minded or you just didn't care enough to do your homework before the interview. Do lots of research before any job interview.

Source: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/9-questions-that-will-make-you-sound-lazy-at-a-job-interview.218172/#.V5nI5NvHMLg.gmail

Re: 9 Questions That Will Make You Sound Lazy At A Job Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Which normal person will ask those kind of question in an interview

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am In Need Of Online Job! / Massive Government Job Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State (114 Positions) / Graduate Interns Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.