Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. (24292 Views)

Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN / HIV VS UNEMPLOYMENT! WHICH IS DEADLY? / Hypertension Is Deadly . Please Lets Prevent This . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by deborsky(m): 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:
Traditional medicine and locally made stuff. Am very OK and I hardly fall sick.
Happy for u.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by DaudaAbu(m): 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Depending on the cause, hepatitis can manifest either as an acute or as a chronic disease.
Acute hepatitis can be self-limiting (resolving on its own), can progress to chronic hepatitis, or can cause acute liver failure in rare instances.
Chronic hepatitis may have no symptoms, or may progress over time to fibrosis (scarring of the liver) and cirrhosis (chronic liver failure). Cirrhosis of the liver increases the risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma (a form of liver cancer).
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by ignis: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:
Sorry, do you still have the virus now?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by DaudaAbu(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Acute hepatitis
Acute viral hepatitis follows a pattern of infection that involves three distinct phases:

The initial prodromal phase (preceding symptoms) involves non-specific and flu-like symptoms common to many acute viral infections. This includes fatigue, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, joint pain, and headaches.Fever, when present, is most common in cases of hepatitis A and E. Late in this phase, people can experience liver-specific symptoms, including choluria (dark urine) and clay-colored stools.

Clinical jaundice (yellowing of the skin) and icterus (yellowing of the eyes) follow the prodrome after about 1–2 weeks and can last for up to 4 weeks. The non-specific symptoms seen in the prodromal typically resolve by this time, but people will develop an enlarged liver and right upper abdominal pain or discomfort. 10–20% of people will also experience an enlarged spleen, while some people will also experience a mild unintentional weight loss.

The recovery phase is characterized by resolution of the clinical symptoms of hepatitis with persistent elevations in liver lab values and potentially a persistently enlarged liver. All cases of hepatitis A and E are expected to fully resolve after 1–2 months.A majority of hepatitis B cases are also self-limited and will resolve in 3–4 months. Few cases of hepatitis C will resolve completely.

Both drug-induced hepatitis and autoimmune hepatitis can present very similarly to acute viral hepatitis, with slight variations in symptoms depending on the cause. Cases of drug-induced hepatitis can manifest with systemic signs of an allergic reaction including rash, fever, serositis (inflammation of membranes lining certain organs), elevated eosinophils (a type of white blood cell), and suppression of bone marrow activity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by willynilly87: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:

Please can u assist me I m positive too this is my contact 08124368292
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by DaudaAbu(m): 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Chronic hepatitis
Chronic hepatitis is often asymptomatic early on in its course and is detected only by liver laboratory studies for screening purposes or to evaluate non-specific symptoms. As the inflammation progresses, patients can develop constitutional symptoms similar to acute hepatitis including fatigue, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, and joint pain. Jaundice and icterus can occur as well, but occur much later in the disease process and are typically a sign of advanced disease.Chronic hepatitis interferes with hormonal functions of the liver which can result in acne, hirsutism (abnormal hair growth), and amenorrhea (lack of menstrual period) in women.Extensive damage and scarring of the liver over time defines cirrhosis, a condition in which the liver's ability to function is permanently impeded.This results in jaundice, weight loss, coagulopathy, ascites (abdominal fluid collection), and peripheral edema (leg swelling). Cirrhosis can lead to other life-threatening complications such as hepatic encephalopathy, esophageal varices, hepatorenal syndrome, and liver cancer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by DaudaAbu(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
We should all know that once you've determined your status, half of the peoblem is solved.

If you test negative good. The next thing is to get vaccinated. Every govt hospital/Primary health centres hav the vaccine, though mostly its for children. Because it is among immunization schedule for new born babies.
And if you are about to get married and find out one of the partners has it, the one who doesnt have should get vaccinated so you dont infect your partner or children that would come later.

Since its a disease of the liver, i believe anyone you know who has died of liver disease/complication possibly died of hepatitis B. But because we dont go to hospital here and dont do tests, by the time we wait and get really sick before going to hospital the damage haa qlready been done
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by royalcode: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
l had my second dose of immunization today!
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
ignis:

yeah
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
deborsky:

Happy for u..but how did u save your family from it? Are they vaccinated or how? Thanks.
Honestly i don't know cos I was busy sleeping wit my wife, got her pregnant and she gave birth without the virus.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
ignis:

Yeah and am very fine.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by ifeomaekol(f): 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
Its better to get tested first n be sure-----if u test postive pls avoid d prevention vaccine cos it leads straight to the 'afterlife', go for the treatment instead. Keep ur environments clean n eat right.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:
I tested positive about 9yrs ago and am very healthy... Have a wife and son that are both free from the virus......

Hope you do annual check to monitor it.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
yinka360nl1:
Good it is curable. Thumbs up to Tecno for the program

It does not have a cure.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by obulla(m): 12:17am On Aug 03, 2016
des4ella:
Yeah its expensive. was told it can only be manage and not cured. I had to travel to Lagos for a particular drug that was sold for about 7k for 10tablets and its for my liver function alone. To God be the Glory without the drug, my liver is very fine.

Okay. Kindly let me in on the name of this drug u got and d contact of the place in lag. Was it herbal or orthordox medicine?

I was told by a gastroenterologist that treatment will cost up to 1.8 mil. The drugs aren't available in nigeria and has to be imported from switzerland and as we all know it wld be pegged to the dollar bla bla bla. Will involve a combo of injection and tablets. And this got me really concerned. If an infection that is so described as a "silent killer" wch to the best of my knowledge might be worse than HIV if not on the same scale is increasingly becoming an issue in our population yet more energy is still channelled towards awareness and none yet towards assess to treatment/treatment points; none of the pharmaceutical companies in nigeria have thot it wise to make these drugs readily available in nigeria? The ministry of health isn't taking action (s) towards subsidizing these drugs?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Cul4real(m): 4:27am On Aug 03, 2016
Please has anyone been able to cleared hepatitis B by using Hepantivir drug? I would like to know if hepantivir is real or scam.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2016
obulla:

Okay. Kindly let me in on the name of this drug u got and d contact of the place in lag. Was it herbal or orthordox medicine?

I was told by a gastroenterologist that treatment will cost up to 1.8 mil. The drugs aren't available in nigeria and has to be imported from switzerland and as we all know it wld be pegged to the dollar bla bla bla. Will involve a combo of injection and tablets. And this got me really concerned. If an infection that is so described as a "silent killer" wch to the best of my knowledge might be worse than HIV if not on the same scale is increasingly becoming an issue in our population yet more energy is still channelled towards awareness and none yet towards assess to treatment/treatment points; none of the pharmaceutical companies in nigeria have thot it wise to make these drugs readily available in nigeria? The ministry of health isn't taking action (s) towards subsidizing these drugs?
True talk my brother. most of all diz so called big hospital and pharmaceutical stores seem not have the drugs. My mother in-law contact a herbal Doctor in PH that gave me some bunch of mixture stuff and I drank it. And promised me that with 60k for treatment I will b OK. I am still positive and living a positive healthy lifestyle.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by obulla(m): 9:17am On Aug 03, 2016
des4ella:
True talk my brother. most of all diz so called big hospital and pharmaceutical stores seem not have the drugs. My mother in-law contact a herbal Doctor in PH that gave me some bunch of mixture stuff and I drank it. And promised me that with 60k for treatment I will b OK. I am still positive and living a positive healthy lifestyle.

I see. Thanks for the info.
Don't really believe in those herbal stuffs like that
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Dembali: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2016
Wow, Useful information. I Have to get tested.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by ignis: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2022
Cul4real:
Please has anyone been able to cleared hepatitis B by using Hepantivir drug? I would like to know if hepantivir is real or scam.

Hepantivir is a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! / Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? / Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.