Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team (17914 Views)

How Mikel Stopped NFF From Hijacking Dollars Given To Dream Team By Japanese Bus / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by adedayourt(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
Captain of Team Nigeria to the Rio Olympics, John Mikel Obi has denied media reports making the rounds in Nigeria that he gave $30,000 dollars to his teammates in the U23 football team.

Speaking from the team’s camp at the Hyatt Place in Atlanta, USA, Mikel said, “I was first told of this unfortunate story by a friend who called me from Nigeria. I thought he was joking until he sent me the link.

“I don’t know the source of this story which to me is all out to divide us as a team. I would have thought that stories that should be coming out in the media are stories that will unite the team instead of dividing us. Our target in Rio is to excel, but if they continue like this, then I wonder how we can be united.”

Wondering why the writer thinks that the players are hungry that needed his money, Mikel asked: “Tell me the players who are in this team that are so hungry that will be looking up to me for survival? Is it (William) Ekong, (Oghenekaro) Etebo, (Shehu) Abdulahi, (Daniel) Akpeyi, (Kingsley) Madu, (Okechukwu) Azubuike or (Stanley) Amuzie, who are my team mates in the Super Eagles, that I will be donating to, or other players who are plying their trade abroad and are doing well for themselves? To me, this is just mere distraction that won’t help this team going into a major tournament like the Olympics.”

The Chelsea FC ace then appealed to the sporting press and Nigerians generally to rally round the team and wish the players and officials well as they get ready for the men’s football tournament of the Rio Olympics.

Source:
http://punchng.com/mikel-denies-donating-30000-dream-team/

undecided

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Chanchit: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Why call it unfortunate? Bros mikle, you sef take style donate something, abi you go follow dey drink ijebu garri until fed govt send money or you go sneak out to go chop burger by mid night.

12 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Tolexander: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sincerely Mr Mikel, a person shouldn't show a symptom of needs or be needy before getting ones donation.

The news didn't say the teammates are poor or need financial assistance. It only talked about the Olympic squad being short of financial help from the Federal government and you rescued them. That news was not meant to tarnish your image or divide the team but to exalt your image for being the good patriot.

George Weah and Samuel Eto'o have done it in the past, history still remembers them for good.

Something is telling me anyway that Mikel donated the money but rebutted the news because he just wanna make it a secret.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by ChappyChase: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hahahahahahaa..... Mikel has always been a private man...

11 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Sharon6(f): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ehn hen?

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by herzern(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
gurunlocker:
I think people will start reversing their prayers

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by gurunlocker: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
I think people will start reversing their prayers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by johnstar(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
grin

Nairaland and false news undecided

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by ichommy(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
grin

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by DirtyGold: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Drama everywhere...

What's tha business?
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Earth2Metahuman: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lol

While biafrats are already celebrating on the other thread grin

25 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by dammyjay93(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
But naira has lost value oo ordinary 30k dollar Na e b 11 million naira chai

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by veekid(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wait o, who come deg lie between der two now, this country is a joke.
Who do I even say make thunder fire. The Ipob were already celebrating

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by nairagossip1: 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
lol Drama everywhere!
See photos from Stephen Keshi's Novelty Match and his corpse www.042express.com/2016/07/more-photos-from-stephen-keshis-burial.html
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
lol

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by mekonglobal(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
I know the reason for this denial. Let the Fg not sleep on their guard in fulfilling their responsibility own to these guys..

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
He is just being humble, I believe he donated the said amount, He just doesn't want anyone to know he did it.

19 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Motherfucker2: 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
He's a great guy.
He keeps everything secret

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by emmasege: 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
B
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Sirmuel1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
We don already pray for Mikel.

Na to swear for am remain now grin

26 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Ochinawata01(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
chai Mikel way people don dey say God bless U.S. infact I be like

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by YourNemesis: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
The first Nairaland post pushed to FP actually had an unverified blog as source.
This is why Nairaland mods have to be wary about bloggers and the fake news they carry about.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
funny shaaa
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by pahars(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
I believe he donated the money,cos in reality why should he brag about it?He has always been a quiet guy who doesn't like attention.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by adesanya2014: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
Well em , I think he did not donate any money ( from his statement ) . And if that is true , I wonder why the media will manufacture such a lie to deceive Nigerians . Look at another scenario , wen OJB was suffering kidney problem . Some media were praising some celebrities , who donated nothing . And they didn't even come out to denial it . Kudos to u mikel
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Pavore9: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Chanchit:
Why call it unfortunate? Bros mikle, you sef take style donate something, abi you go follow dey drink ijebu garri until fed govt send money or you go sneak out to go chop burger by mid night.

Dem want make e take style donate something, na im dey wan fry plantain on top in head! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by bright007(f): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
k
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Ogetogeo(m): 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mikel donated the money for sure.
He just don't need the media attention
Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
adesanya2014:
Well em , I think he did not donate any money ( from his statement ) . And if that is true , I wonder why the media will manufacture such a lie to deceive Nigerians . Look at another scenario , wen OJB was suffering kidney problem . Some media were praising some celebrities , who donated nothing . And they didn't even come out to denial it . Kudos to u mikel

CHOI!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Sirmuel1(m): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ogetogeo:
Mikel donated the money for sure. He just don't need the media attention

Who does that in Naija? Even some pastors dey call media

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by MDsambo: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
Chai!!

where are my brothers from another side of 9ja

8 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team by Ogetogeo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sirmuel1:

Who does that in Naija? Even some pastors dey call media

So many still do, not a pastor thing.

Its about what one sees about life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today / Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team / RB Liepzig Sack Coach Tedesco, Assistant Coaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.