Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? (4499 Views)

Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started / Nathan Pratt: My Journey From the delusion of Christianity To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Mizblinks(f): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
Someone should help me identify the contributions of Christianity to the modern science and technology please... Thanks in advance.

Cc: otemanuduno, HARDDON , HardMirror, macof,
parisbookaddict, plappville, truthman2012, KingEbukaNaija, OLAADEGBU, bingbagbo, winner01, anunaki et el....
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Haven't you heard of Christian science: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science LMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Mizblinks(f): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
crusadistic:
Haven't you heard of Christian science: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science LMAO!!! grin grin grin
naah, but I will look it up. Thanks....
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Presbulg(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
crusadistic:
Haven't you heard of Christian science:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science
LMAO!!! grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Richirich713: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by macof(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mizblinks:
Someone should help me identify the contributions of Christianity to the modern science and technology please... Thanks in advance.

Cc: otemanuduno, HARDDON , HardMirror, macof,
parisbookaddict, plappville, truthman2012, KingEbukaNaija, OLAADEGBU, bingbagbo, winner01 et el....

There's no contribution of Christianity or Islam to science. either modern or ancient

however some Muslims and Christians have been instrumental to the development of science. Science and Technological advancement has nothing to do with religion. .if anything, religion sets it back decades and even centuries

1 Like

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Mizblinks(f): 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
macof:

There's no contribution of Christianity or Islam to science. either modern or ancient

however some Muslims and Christians have been instrumental to the development of science. Science and Technological advancement has nothing to do with religion. .if anything, religion sets it back decades and even centuries

How about some of this contributions by Christians scientists and technologist, can you help me with that? Thanks.
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Mizblinks(f): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Richirich713:
Read this thread :

https://www.nairaland.com/2975009/christianity-reason-science
I will go through that, thanks.
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Niflheim(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
@OP,

Good day, I have a list of the contributions of Christianity to science..................

1.When Galileo taught that the sun was at the center of the Solar system, they made sure that he died in prison.

2.When human kids were allergic to cow milk, and scientists decided that a cow engineered to produce human milk will be the solution, the church claimed that it is a sin to "play god"!!!

3.When condoms were created for bith control, the church insisted that it is better to have sex without condoms in spite of the risk of HIV, because god said, "be fruitful and multiply"!!!

4.When scientists used the blood of a man to cure sick children(the man with the golden arm), the church was against it, because according to them, blood transfusions are a sin!!! James Harrison used his blood to save 2 million babies!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by winner01(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
Niflheim:
@OP,

Good day, I have a list of the contributions of Christianity to science..................

1.When Galileo taught that the sun was at the center of the Solar system, they made sure that he died in prison.

Galileo was a christian persecuted by the catholic church. The catholic church also killed other christians for teaching from the Bible instead of "officially sanctioned" roman catholic materials.

Niflheim:

2.When human kids were allergic to cow milk, and scientists decided that a cow engineered to produce human milk we be the solution, the church claimed that it is a sin to "play god"!!!

Christian scientists engineered it. Louis pasteur particularly made the breakthtough you are talking about here. And he was a strong christian.

Niflheim:
@OP,

3.When condoms were created for bith control, the church insisted that it is better to have sex without condoms in spite of the risk of HIV, because god said, "be fruitful and multiply"!!! !
Who is the church that said? undecided

Niflheim:
@OP,

4.When scientists used the blood of a man to cure sick children(the man with the golden arm), the church was against it, because according to them, blood transfusions are a sin!!! James Harrison used his blood to save 2 million babies!!!
Who is this church you speak about, that decides whether blood transfusion is a sin or not.
And was james harrison atheist?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by promise10: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
macof:

See a fool thinking that science is in war with religion! It is a shame to met somebody with this mentality in this 21th century.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by winner01(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mizblinks:
naah, but I will look it up. Thanks....
That link is about a church that has little or nothing in representing christianity. Christianity is not science even though majority of the scientists that got us where we are today are christians. It is like comparing arts and social science. Do not believe whatever you read about christianity or the christian God on wikipedia, i can give you proof that it waters down the truth of christianity.
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
macof:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Niflheim(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
The person who "claimed" that Louis Pasteur was in charge of the project to genetically engineer cows, should please go back and do a proper research on the topic!!! The cow I am referring to was engineered around 2011, to produce "HUMAN BREAST MILK"!!!

The "super cow" lacks a substance that causes allergic reactions in humans!!! The name of the substance is "BLG"(Beta lactoglobulin protein)!!!
The scientists simply shut off the genes that produced this "BLG" that is present in the milk of ruminants!!!

The name of the cow is called Daisy,from New Zealand!!!

The Louis Pasteur that you are referring to, died in 1895!!!

3 Likes

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by winner01(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
Niflheim:
The person who "claimed" that Louis Pasteur was in charge of the project to genetically engineer cows, should please go back and do a proper research on the topic!!! The cow I am referring to was engineered around 2011, to produce "HUMAN BREAST MILK"!!!

The "super cow" lacks a substance that causes allergic reactions in humans!!! The name of the substance is "BLG"(Beta lactoglobulin protein)!!!
The scientists simply shut off the genes that produced this "BLG" that is present in the milk of ruminants!!!

The name of the cow is called Daisy,from New Zealand!!!

The Louis Pasteur that you are referring to, died in 1895!!!
so were the scientists atheists?
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
There are so so many @ OP . But one thing is sure that the atheists had little concern with science , there were concerned with philosophy and political theories . But as for the instigation of modern science , we have the Muslims then the Christians took over .For starters , the only prevailing cosmological model for the universe - the Big Bang - was proposed by Belgian Priest Georges Lemaitre in 1927. The greatest inventions , discoveries , launching of top universities were all made by Christians . There are so so so many .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Niflheim(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
@winner01,

What a question, how I wish I knew!!! However there is one thing I can assure you!!!..............................Their pastors, their churches, their bible and their religion would be 100% against their research, assuming there were christians amongst them!!!
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by winner01(m): 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Niflheim:
@winner01,

What a question, how I wish I knew!!! However there is one thing I can assure you!!!..............................Their pastors, their churches, their bible and their religion would be 100% against their research, assuming there were christians amongst them!!!
Yeah, because the book of Bible chapter atheism verse foolishness says: Do not engage in science or the understanding of your world, else you have automatically turned your back on your God now and forever.

You know what, just keep your delusion to yourself

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Jul 29, 2016
crusadistic:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

so what happened after that? why the decline in science in Islam? there up to 1.8billion muslims, isn't it curious we don't see Muslim nobel prize winners on Science.?

What could possibly be wrong?

1 Like

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2016
winner01:
Yeah, because the book of Bible chapter atheism verse foolishness says: Do not engage in science or the understanding of your world, else you have automatically turned your back on your God now and forever.

You know what, just keep your delusion to yourself

Bro , that dude is a rabid anti-Christian . Check out his posts - he spews his hatred for Christians like it was caused by an odious emetic . I am now certain that most atheists hate for God and Christianity is not ordinary , Romans 1 :28 is just being actualized

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by macof(m): 7:30am On Jul 29, 2016
promise10:

See a fool thinking that science is in war with religion! It is a shame to met somebody with this mentality in this 21th century.

and in ur useless fish brain you saw me state science and religion are at war
Mr. 21st Century with a fish brain
dumb slowpoke. ..next time read and comprehend or ask questions oloshi

1 Like

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by macof(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2016
Mizblinks:

How about some of this contributions by Christians scientists and technologist, can you help me with that? Thanks.

Yes like I said many christian and Muslims have been instrumental to the development of science and technology but that is because they set religion aside when it needs to be...many are prosecuted over this

imagine bringing religion into everything, Muslims will say the sun rests in a pond, Christians will say rainbows are the bow of God to remember his promise to Noah. ..I was told this 3 weeks ago by a christian after she rejected my explanation that rainbows are reflection of light on water droplets

someone once told me there are no other planets like Mars, Jupiter etc because the bible didn't say it, he even claimed there's no evidence, it's just oyinbo trick grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by kevoh(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2016
macof:

This is a pointless chest beating thread. The above post pretty sums it with emphasis on the second paragraph.

1 Like

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by macof(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
There are so so many @ OP . But one thing is sure that the atheists had little concern with science , there were concerned with philosophy and political theories . But as for the instigation of modern science , we have the Muslims then the Christians took over .For starters , the only prevailing cosmological model for the universe - the Big Bang - was proposed by Belgian Priest Georges Lemaitre in 1927. The greatest inventions , discoveries , launching of top universities were all made by Christians . There are so so so many .

what has the big bang theory got to do with Christianity? that it was proposed by a Catholic priest doesn't make it an achievement of Christianity because it wasn't proposed in honour of any christian principle
if anything it goes against Christianity. .. what happened to "and God said"?

lemme ask you, why has the big bang theory not been embraced by churches?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2016
johnydon22:

so what happened after that? why the decline in science in Islam? there up to 1.8billion muslims, isn't it curious we don't see Muslim nobel prize winners on Science.?

What could possibly be wrong?
Yea,so curious...that they all happened under the Islamic Caliphates undecided
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by winner01(m): 8:49am On Jul 29, 2016
macof:

what has the big bang theory got to do with Christianity? that it was proposed by a Catholic priest doesn't make it an achievement of Christianity because it wasn't proposed in honour of any christian principle

Which churches are you people talking about? undecided
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2016
macof:

Am not sure how that is incongruous with God's word . Georges was a professor in a Catholic University in Leuvan .

Did your church reject it ?
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by winner01(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2016
macof:

imagine bringing religion into everything, Muslims will say the sun rests in a pond, Christians will say rainbows are the bow of God to remember his promise to Noah. ..I was told this 3 weeks ago by a christian after she rejected my explanation that rainbows are reflection of light on water droplets

someone once told me there are no other planets like Mars, Jupiter etc because the bible didn't say it, he even claimed there's no evidence, it's just oyinbo trick grin grin

The girl who rejected your rainbow explanation and the someone who told you about the planets speak for themselves.

The someone might even be justified in talking about evidence for the existence of planets because im damn sure you read about the planets in books. So if he's asking for evidence, please be prepared to take him to space, afterall seeing is beliving.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Niflheim(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2016
@OP,

Exhibit Number 5: Did you hear about the embarassing case of Thomas Hogg? He was a man with a deformity in 1647, and his neighbour owned a female pig that also gave birth to 2 little piglets with deformities!!! He was immediately accused by his christian neighbours of being the father of the pig, since according to them, he resembled the pigs!!!

During his trial, the christian court judges tried to force him to confess that he is the father of the pig, but he insisted he was not!!! They then brought 2 adult female pigs from his neighbour's farm and told him to caress the pigs cause they wanted to see the pigs reaction!!!

Thr first pig he caressed remained motionless, but the second one made a squeaky sound and one of the christian judges shouted, "THIS IS THE SAME SOUND THAT WOMEN MAKE WHEN THEIR HUSBAND IS ABOUT TO MAKE LOVE TO THEM!!! WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO WE NEED?!! SURELY, THIS MAN IS NOT ONLY THE FATHER OF THE DEFORMED PIGLET, BUT ALSO THE LOVER OF MADAM PIG!!!"

One of the many contributions of christianity to science!!!
Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2016
Niflheim:
@OP,

Exhibit Number 5: Did you hear about the embarassing case of Thomas Hogg? He was a man with a deformity in 1647, and his neighbour owned a female pig that also gave birth to 2 little piglets with deformities!!! He was immediately accused by his christian neighbours of being the father of the pig, since according to them, he resembled the pigs!!!

During his trial, the christian court judges tried to force him to confess that he is the father of the pig, but he insisted he was not!!! They then brought 2 adult female pigs from his neighbour's farm and told him to caress the pigs cause they wanted to see the pigs reaction!!!

Thr first pig he caressed remained motionless, but the second one made a squeaky sound and one of the christian judges shouted, "THIS IS THE SAME SOUND THAT WOMEN MAKE WHEN THEIR HUSBAND IS ABOUT TO MAKE LOVE TO THEM!!! WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO WE NEED?!! SURELY, THIS MAN IS NOT ONLY THE FATHER OF THE DEFORMED PIGLET, BUT ALSO THE LOVER OF MADAM PIG!!!"

One of the many contributions of christianity to science!!!

I am so sure that even you know you are not coherently sound!

Only emotionally challenged people speak the way you do. Try not to bite anyone today so your venom wouldn't be transferred because your very blood is rabid.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2016
winner01:
The girl who rejected your rainbow explanation and the someone who told you about the planets speak for themselves.

The someone might even be justified in talking about evidence for the existence of planets because im damn sure you read about the planets in books. So if he's asking for evidence, please be prepared to take him to space, afterall seeing is beliving.

True though . I have not seen planets but I believe there are billions of them because books told me . Wow !! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? by macof(m): 10:02am On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Am not sure how that is incongruous with God's word . Georges was a professor in a Catholic University in Leuvan .

Did your church reject it ?

Did he learn that from the Catholic university or he went out of the little christian box?

didn't yours reject it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Church Has Rejected Christianity / Can A True Christian Engage in Warfare ? / ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.