Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines (9414 Views)

Poll: Are you in favor of this change of name?

Yes: 29% (11 votes)
No: 70% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 1forall: 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2009
abhosts:

There will be no plane crash in Naija in Jesus Name. Virgin Nigeria, Aero Contractors and Arik all have fleets that meet international safety standards. They all use planes that are less than 10 years old.
I appreciate your pariotism, but there I'm certain you dont have your facts right.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2009
Uhm.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Owen2(m): 11:07am On Sep 20, 2009
They should probably rename the country.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2009
i support that. let's rename the country!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by TheSeeker(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2009
Yeah right!!! NIGERIAN CHICKEN AIRLINES! Who doesn't know that chickens can soar as high as the eagles?!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by koolchicco: 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2009
George_D:

i support that. let's rename the country!

The name isnt the problem,is it?
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2009
it's part of the problem- (niger-area)= nigeria
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by koolchicco: 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2009
George_D:

it's part of the problem- (niger-area)= nigeria

So u think by changing it to prolly-(George-area),the probs would be solved? shocked
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 9ja4eva: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2009
Goodluck to them.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2009
no. maybe we should change it to koolchicco (area) grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by koolchicco: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
George_D:

no. maybe we should change it to koolchicco (area) grin

If e happen,I don hammer oo 4 lyf!! grin grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by posakosa(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2009
Why all the change. CRAP IS CRAP.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by agabaI23(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2009
When I was the headline, I thought probably Richard Branson does not want his brand associated with Nigeria!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by sley4life(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2009
maybe its super eagles they will name it later.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by koolchicco: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2009
sley4life:

maybe its super eagles they will name it later.

Na im be say Amodu need to go to Piloting school. grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
posakosa:

Why all the change. CRAP IS CRAP.

sometimes change is good-for the sake of it. just like we're now changing our naira without actually adding value to it. grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by samnaija: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2009
is it compulsory to put nigeria or eagles on the plane?. check out arik they are doin great. why cant they jus pick a neutral name 4 now, then put whatever on it later,when biz don pick up. bad biz ideas, the name nigeria as been so seriously bashed international, i dont get it.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2009
they can't pick a neutral name because it will not sell as well as when you attach niger-area to it. grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by mystikal(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2009
Could't they have done better with the name at least.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by dejiolowe: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2009
I thot that at this time, the virginnigeria.com website should be redirecting to a new domain but sadly, nothing. I don't know if the Nigerian Eagle Airline knows what it takes to rebrand,
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by agabaI23(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2009
Are you guys sure this is not one of the first steps Virgin is taken to relinquish his ownership of the Airline?
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2009
agabaI23:

Are you guys sure this is not one of the first steps Virgin is taken to relinquish his ownership of the Airline?

Did you just come back from the stone age? Everyone knows that already.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by agabaI23(m): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2009
A-town:

Did you just come back from the stone age? Everyone knows that already.

I just came out from the cave my dear grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
agabaI23:

I just came out from the cave my dear grin

wink
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by manmustwac(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2009
nigeria eagle airline will soon change to nigeria molue airlines as long as the management is the same nothing will change.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by peruso: 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
cool]i wish them all the best
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 1forall: 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2009
I wish the airline the best in all it undertakes. Just that knowing naija and our ways, these things usually dont end up like they say in the beginning. At least
dejiolowe:

at this time, the virginnigeria.com website should be redirecting to a new domain but sadly, nothing. I don't know if the Nigerian Eagle Airline knows what it takes to rebrand,

Isnt that amazing?!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Blenheim(m): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
Read the comments, some of which are really funny.

Just to set some facts right:

1.   Virgin Nigeria is undergoing a financial crisis which started uner the technical management of Conrad Clifford (seconded from Virgin Atlantic).

2.  Virgin Nigeria was paying huge 'brand premiums' to Virgin Altantic for the use of the Virgin Brandname. This was independent of Virgin Atlantic/Richard Branson's shareholding.Virgin Nigeria stakeholders decided to rebrand to cut down on these payments.

3.   Virgin Nigeria took delivery of some Embraer jets recently financed by UBA.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by skylooh(m): 3:33am On Sep 21, 2009
What kind of strange name is that  if they the govt officials have run out of ideas on a good name to give our national carrier then they should done a nation wide poll and ask people to contribute.
Some thing like air nigeria, or eagle air would have been better.

razz govt officials with their razz ideas
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by ocelot2006(m): 4:22am On Sep 21, 2009
What's with all the negativity from some forum members in this thread? The company just rebranded itself and everyone's already predicting that the company will fail. Why don't you wait for the company to carry out its operations under the new name before you all judge it?
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2009
looks like the title of an horrow movie
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by cassytoons: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2009
@ all posters with negative feedbacks

In as much I love naira land, I would for once agree that a lot of people on NL just come here to display their pent up anger by giving negative feedbacks on all most every subject, I kinda understand cos its all caused by the ASUU strike ,
But at least lets still be logical,
of all that has left negative feedbacks lets take a quick survey (1) - How many have seen a plane on the tarmac talkless of fly in one
(2) How many work in the transport not to talk of the aviation sector ? (3) How many are frequent flyers ? (4) How many are conversant with the regulations guiding aviation sectors ?
If we go on and on , we will still narrow it down to the fact that "Empty barrels makes the most noise" (They know nothing about the subject but still wants to sound politically correct),
Pls let read logical and superior argument that will benefit all than come here to display transferred aggression

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Things You Cannot Predict When Driving In Lagos / A Guide To Entering Public Transport In Lagos / I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.