Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines (9413 Views)

Poll: Are you in favor of this change of name?

Yes: 29% (11 votes)
No: 70% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by mikeoscar: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2009
[[table]td][table]No matter what they call it or the paint on the plane, Just like any project with the name Nigeria on it is always a non starter. Anything that is associated with eagle are eventually battered in Nigeria e.g Super eagle,flying eagle,eagle paint and so on,our leaders it is not the name that matters to us if you are reading but a change of attitude towards proper management of our resources.[/td] [/table]

@Blacksta,
You're spot on , on that one.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by StEdwin(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2009
Are we even sure dat this one will not die like Nigerian Airways?
Must it even be called Eagle?
Can we even have some other name apart from eagle?
The fact that super eagles keep losing means dat there'll be more plane crashes to come,
somebody help them think.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by mikijagga(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2009
Whoa, This is serious!!!

What is it?

Why is it that people cannot be proud of their country for once, and give their maximum support. prayer and backing it needs?

Kill the dog by calling it a bad name??

Whatever you call you get!

But this ain't gonna work now cos, Nigerian Eagle Airline will soar high, either you want it or not!

Haba??
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by manmustwac(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2009
This time next year nigeria eagles will don fall. Watch this space.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by noblegas2(m): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2009
lol, i hop it improves dere service, aint disturbed ba d name, but i prefer arik, its da domb
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2009
Whoa, This is serious!!!

more serious than you think, brother! grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by ernal(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2009
tHIS PLACE NA COMEDY ZONE, NIGERIAN ALUTA AIRLINE! grin grin grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by koolchicco: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2009
George_D:

more serious than you think, brother! grin

Tell me about it,Brother! tongue cheesy
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2009
you've been told enough already grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 1forall: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2009
cassytoons:

@ all posters with negative feedbacks

. . . I kinda understand cos its all caused by the ASUU strike ,
But at least lets still be logical,
of all that has left negative feedbacks lets take a quick survey (1) - How many have seen a plane on the tarmac talkless of fly in one
(2) How many work in the transport not to talk of the aviation sector ? (3) How many are frequent flyers ? (4) How many are conversant with the regulations guiding aviation sectors ?

Now cassytoons, you may not like this but I think you got it rather wrong there. . . you read like you're not really in touch with goings on in naijas aviation. Read any news about Bi-Courtney and its incredible concessions lately?
And its quite off to assume stuff you read on NL are ASUU strike induced.
As for your 'quick' survey, u tink say na privilege to enter plane? . . . to work in aviation no be salvation o!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by PurestBoy(m): 4:18am On Sep 22, 2009
lol, disvirgin airway
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Sammy107d(m): 5:58am On Sep 22, 2009
wow so many idiots in here. . .
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2009
dis-what? how ludicrous! grin
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 1forall: 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
I think what's ludicrous is that its coming from a user named purestboy
The name is just funny, even VK employees joke that their airline's been disvirgined.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Princek12(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2009
Sammy107_d:

wow so many idiots in here. . .
since you are also here, i suppose you are one of the idiots.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by hackney(m): 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2009
So the technical support is now in the hands of Nigerians.
Hia!!

Oya bye-bye Virgin eagle abi wetin them dey call una.
shocked cool cool
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by sshalom(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
It's well with Virgin Nigeria, ouch; I mean Nigerian Eagle Airline!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by lindabon: 1:22am On Sep 23, 2009
d name of the airline can crash a plane tongue
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by easternluv: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
i think and strongly do believe that anything attach the name Nigeria is dead already and i don't see the reason why the new brand name call Nigeria eagle airline will make the different.if Nigeria airways, virgin Nigeria could not survive. the only thing left to be done by Nigerians is to dig a grave
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 1forall: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
Heard the new name officially takes effect 7th October and the Virgin name shall still be in use for corporate communicaton till then.

Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by cuteblackG(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
Its a pity that nigerians do not appreciate what belongs to them n unfortunately for such pple, they r still nigerians. We know hw the international community see us, but how do we make a change if we dont start by atleast showin support for anythin that promises to promote our name,

The virgin brand did not get such worldwide recognition overnight so y not wait(Those haters) to see what Nigerian Eagle Airlines would make out of the name in future if u cant even wish them goodluck,
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Malcolm28(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
I wonder if they thought the name through before STICKING IN ON. I think they may have crash landed before take off! This name does not evoke a strong brand. Eagle Air would have been most appropriate. I wish them luck.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by ayobase(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2009
changing of name is a welcome idea.
all na for the paradigm!

Have we forgotten that rebranding is
the talk of Nigeria now?

So, lets keep rebranding every every!
Even our names will soon be rebranded!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by ocelot2006(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2009
cuteblackG:

Its a pity that nigerians do not appreciate what belongs to them n unfortunately for such pple, they r still nigerians. We know hw the international community see us, but how do we make a change if we dont start by atleast showin support for anythin that promises to promote our name,

The virgin brand did not get such worldwide recognition overnight so y not wait(Those haters) to see what Nigerian Eagle Airlines would make out of the name in future if u cant even wish them goodluck,

Best post on this thread.
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by easternluv: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
i know we're talking about re-brand name of virgin Nigeria airways. but how can you support or be proud of a country that does nothing to prompt her citizen or defend her citizen and someone here is talking been proud of this country. regard to the re-brand of the airline company, the problem is not in the Carrier name but the really problem is for our leader to change the way of thinking their mentality. wishing luck or not can never stop someone who knows his or her business to survive and succeed
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by Gamine(f): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
Branding is just off, ugly ugly

how can anyone fly such

big disgrace!! angry
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by 1forall: 2:05am On Sep 24, 2009
Hi All,
Didnt think I needed to say anything at this point but. . . who knows what can be learnt?
ayobase what I like most about your submission is your post count, pls dont post for a little bit  wink

cuteblackG yeah youre right it's a pity naijas dont 'preciate what's theirs, but its an even greater pity our 'leaders' seem never to 'preciate we're one of the world's largest oil producing nations. . . just to mention a fraction of our national natural belongings and resource endowments. We know we've got it, but yet we've got nought!

ocelot I beg to differ, feel the flow please

gamine I trust you to yarn your own
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by GeorgeD1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2009
must you reply every post?
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by McDoe(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
Another Econet now Zain!
Re: Virgin Nigeria Airways Now Nigerian Eagle Airlines by detruth: 12:13am On Sep 25, 2009
Looking through most of the comments so far, its glaring that Nigerian have bad mouth cry cry. Sincerely we need Dora to come and preach re-branding gospel here! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Things You Cannot Predict When Driving In Lagos / A Guide To Entering Public Transport In Lagos / I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.