Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

N4.7bn Fraud: I Transported Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Says Ex-aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N4.7bn Fraud: I Transported Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Says Ex-aide (294 Views)

N1.6bn Fraud: I Was Forced To Implicate Jonathan - Dudafa Tells Court / Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode / I Transported N4.7bn Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Ex-aide Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N4.7bn Fraud: I Transported Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Says Ex-aide by Damirex1212: 7:04am On Jul 29, 2016
An officer of the Nigerian Navy, Lt.-Cdr Olumide Adewale, has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that he helped his former boss, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, to transport money, which was flown to Akure and later handed over to Abiodun Agbele on the instructions of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State.
Adewale, who was the Aide-de-Camp to Obanikoro when the latter was the Minister of State for Defence, said this on Wednesday when he was grilled by detectives of the EFCC.
According to the anti-graft agency, the money was part of the N4.7bn that was paid into Obanikoro’s sons’ company account, Sylvan McNamara, on the instructions of the embattled former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.).
Adewale, who was in charge of Obanikoro’s security for about a year, told the EFCC that everything he did was under the strict instructions of his boss.
He told investigators that on June 16, 2014, barely a week to the Ekiti State governorship election, he, alongside Obanikoro, departed the ex-minister’s Park View home in Ikoyi, Lagos, and headed for the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos.
The naval officer told detectives that on getting to the airport, he met Obanikoro’s son, Gbolahan. He said Gbolahan and the former minister had a brief meeting after which a bullion van arrived at the private wing of the airport.
Adewale told the EFCC operatives that Gbolahan then directed some men at the airport to offload the money from the bullion van and load it unto the aircraft.
The entire activity was said to have been captured on CCTV.

source: http://www.freshloaded.com/n4-7bn-fraud-transported-poll-funds-obanikoro-says-ex-aide/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Everything Except Leadership – Poet Niyi Osundare / Flood Kills 60-year-old Man In Osun / We Will Capture Buhari -boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.