Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears (9416 Views)

Government Begins Payment Of University Lecturers' Salary Arrears / UNILAG Bans Physics Lecturer From Campus Over Violent Behaviour / UNIZIK Theater Arts Finalists Shuts Down Campus In Primary School Uniforms(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Fynestboi: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2016
The Non Academic Staff Union of University of Ibadan have shut down the University Campus over 5-months salary arrears.

The protesting workers who took over the Halls in the University complained that they have not been paid fully for months, saying their salary has always been slashed.

It was gathered that all examination schedules has been halted due to this development.

The union held a congress today to decide a way forward although there are feelers that the protest will not lead to strike as the workers are only showing their displeasure today been the last day of the month and the protest is only a warning strike.

Officials of various faculties in the University have opened the door of Examination venues as at the time of filing in this report, this is even as NASU Members have failed to show up at their places of work in continuation of their protest.

http://theinsidernewsng.com/university-of-ibadan-nasu-shut-down-campus-over-salary-arrears/
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Tolexander: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2016
OAU NASU don inspire them!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Fynestboi: 11:53am On Jul 29, 2016
Tolexander:
OAU NASU don inspire them!

Seriously.
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by babyfaceafrica: 11:56am On Jul 29, 2016
Make UI no turn to Oba Adaniduro University o...its well

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by dannyfillz(m): 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
University of ibadan..... Obafemi Awolowo University and strike be like

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by MAYOWAAK: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
After all the LIKES and Comments,

A broke person will still go back to his miserable Life.

An hungry man will still remain hungry.

A poor man thinking about how to settle the school fees of his children will still go back to his thoughts.

A woman in a loveless marriage will still wake up to see the face of his emotionless husband

Social media is a leveller. It is the platform that gives us transient relevance just to forget our undying misery.

It is the only cheap avenue we have to vent out our anger on our oppressors even when they will never stop oppressing us.

At times, when you make a fantastic update, and got all the likes, and Comments, you will still put a call to that one offline friend that will help you with your house rent.

That will help you fix your financial and emotional problems.

That is why it is important for us to concentrate on things that matter.

Things that directly affect our well-being.

If you are getting all your life problems settled on social media, then I advise you to be more active.

After all said and done, the bill will not settle itself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Jamesmatic(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
GOBE!!
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by otokx(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
Most universities are owing promotion arrears and nobody is saying anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by funnynation(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
Make I go buy Kerosene first..

Nairaland official comedian
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by RobinHez(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
If u gain admission into OAU or UI, add +2 years to the number of years u see on ur admission letter. That should cover up for strike periods.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Rhotiz: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ui,Ksu n Lautech and strike

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by DjSwaga(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
OAU NASU.... overall catalyst.
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by chisombenedicta(f): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
cheesy
They have taken over OAU
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Ronaldinnioh(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ok
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Greenbuoy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
OAU ti ginger awon ele
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by virginboy1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmmmmm!!!!
Them said" it is the best university in the Africa"
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by virginboy1(m): 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
My only problem with UI is that their distance learning program is just too slow!!!.

I and my bro gained admission same year. Me at Unilag Dlc my bro University of Ibadan Dlc.

I am currently in 400l while my bro is still battling with 200l at UI.

SMH for their UI DLC management team.
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
. They took inspiration from their noisy neighbor

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by adekayo1234(m): 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
Take a cue from oau Nasu and you guys will win

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by DateMynd44(m): 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
spirit of the dullard in action
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Tessyy1701: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
And Unilorin NASU will keep quite as if nothing is wrong SMH! They owed dem like 5years arrears. I heard it from a good and reliable source

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Danileinado(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
OAU NASU don boost dier morale...
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Donnetimmy(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Tessyy1701:
And Unilorin NASU will keep quite as if nothing is wrong SMH!
They owed dem like 5years arrears. I heard it from a good and reliable source

hmmmm
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by babyfaceafrica: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
Tessyy1701:
And Unilorin NASU will keep quite as if nothing is wrong SMH!
They owed dem like 5years arrears. I heard it from a good and reliable source
shebi dem sign say dem no go strike naw..make dem dey suffer dey go

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by cassyrooy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
sad

F**king tayad abeg, these institutions just wan frustrate pesin.

Zik vs Hall Mgt saga still hangs on the balance.

Light and water just carry im own pack one side.

shey na UI, we go finish from there. 1/8 gone.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Exam is in Progress...It won't lead to strike...OAU Brethren we aren't taking over from you because
#WeAreUite#.....
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by cassyrooy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
chisombenedicta:
cheesy
They have taken over OAU
Hi dear, remember a year ago when you were offered admission into OAU? You kinda thought things will sail smoothly...

yet to resume abi?
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by cassyrooy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
olatunji21:
Exam is in Progress...It won't lead to strike...OAU Brethren we aren't taking over from you because
#WeAreUite#.....
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
cassyrooy:
sad

F**king tayad abeg, these institutions just wan frustrate pesin.

Zik vs Hall Mgt saga still hangs on the balance.

Light and water just carry im own pack one side.

shey na UI, we go finish from there. 1/8 gone.
Una no dy ever dy satisfy... Afta 18hours daily, u aren't still OK...
Zik issue is in-house and would be treated as such..
Abeg no dy gv this OAU pple things to tok abt, i dy GSP now and pple don write exam this morning some even get afta Jumat including "Ur Lady"...
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by Lisaint(m): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: University Of Ibadan NASU Shut Down Campus Over Salary Arrears by ayodijex(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oauife Cutoff Mark For 2009 / What Will You Do If You Saw This? (pix) / Sebastian Seddi Maimako Attacked By Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.