Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? (2241 Views)

If Oil Can’t Save Venezuela, It Sure Can’t Save Nigeria Says Ben Murray / Eminent Nigerians beg Buhari: Save Nigeria From Imminent Shutdown - VANGUARD / U Can’t Diversify The Economy From Oil By Searching For Oil In The North- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by owoatiswag(m): 12:39am On Jul 31, 2016
mikolo80:

Yes you can.
But uyou didn't study, you crammed.
Also you don't want to practice what you 'studied ',you want ready made job.
And I can prove it if you don't run away.

Shoot
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
owoatiswag:

Shoot
K what did you 'study '
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by idupaul: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
BUHARI has to leave first ...the man is a stumbling block to anything intelligent and purposeful

1 Like

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ioannes:

I agree with what you wrote up there and they are points I myself would make any day anytime. Just for some minor things I disagree with.
Imported goods are actually more expensive than locally made goods, but it remains for us a kind of status symbol when we use foreign, besides we think foreign goods are superior and better made and will last longer, which in a way might be true most often.

Name the inexpensive items

Sure, the government cannot be absolved of blame neither can it be sidelined in the scheme of things, yet we know Nigeria, don't we?

So we should give up without a fight abi!?

Our rulers will never do anything for the common masses unless it benefits them one way and other.

It's called being human
How many truly selfless things have you done
It's you the voters that should vote only after blackmailing the politician to do your bidding
Hat e the game not the player

They pay lip service to just about everything that concerns the masses, yet steal with reckless abandon.

When the voters say they are OK with rice and lamenting on nairaland

Do you sincerely think the government will enact a law banning importation of rice if their wives or children are in charge of the importation? Or if they collect kickbacks from those importing?

Yeah they will if rice growers association mobilises votes and threatens to vote for opposition

The only way the ordinary man on the streets is able to control this is if when they go to the market they all ask for locally made goods. Do that and see foreign imports die a natural death.

[b]
Not while foreign goods are cheaper and of better quality they won't

[/b]Otherwise, I'm in total agreement with you.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by owoatiswag(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:
K what did you 'study '

Civil engineering
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
owoatiswag:

Civil engineering
fix roads and bridges and collect ''toll'' from appreciative drivers
Offer to build homes at ''affordable '' price using ''affordable '' materials. Especially for abroad based.
Is it easy
No
But if it were everyone would be doing it.
But I guarantee that you're looking for ready-made 6 figure salary work luv like I did before I also parted ''studying '' properly

The same applies to every field
Stop looking for ready-made like all these un marriageable girls and think outside the box
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by IVORY2009(m): 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
owoatiswag:

Civil engineering
u construct rds and build bridges, is dat not so... grin
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by owoatiswag(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:
fix roads and bridges and collect ''toll'' from appreciative drivers
Offer to build homes at ''affordable '' price using ''affordable '' materials. Especially for abroad based.
Is it easy
No
But if it were everyone would be doing it.
But I guarantee that you're looking for ready-made 6 figure salary work luv like I did before I also parted ''studying '' properly

The same applies to every field
Stop looking for ready-made like all these un marriageable girls and think outside the box

Before u mention, I'm already outside the box and making Figures enough to live on.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by owoatiswag(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

u construct rds and build bridges, is dat not so... grin

Yes, u get work for me?
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Goke7: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
Simple solution, let the prices of goods and services come down and we will be on way to recovery.

Our greed is what is compounding our economic woes. We have no business buying fuel at 145, exorbitant prices of food items, transportation and real estate.

If prices come down, purchasing power will increase and we can continue from there in our recovery.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by IVORY2009(m): 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
owoatiswag:

Yes, u get work for me?
not really, was just asking, but in case if der are some projects/contracts...
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by DaveHert(m): 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
idupaul:
The first policy should be the removal of that devil of Daura. .I voted for him but he is clearly a demonic disastter

Then my problem lies with you for voting such an illiterate. There was never a good reason to see Buhari as a qualified candidate, but still u voted for him for change, now the change has come and you are suggesting a solution and expect me to be happy. cry

1 Like

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by idupaul: 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
DaveHert:

Then my problem lies with you for voting such an illiterate. There was never a good reason to see Buhari as a qualified candidate, but still u voted for him for change, now the change has come and you are suggesting a solution and expect me to be happy. cry

Abeg no vex ..I really thought he had what it took ..I am not ashamed to apologise and everyday I do ..I feel really bad myself
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by DaveHert(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
idupaul:

Abeg no vex ..I really thought he had what it took ..I am not ashamed to apologise and everyday I do ..I feel really bad myself
I also apologise for taking out my anger on you, I just can't help but blame the people that voted the mor0n.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by EscapadeNg(m): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:
how

Value Re-Orientation
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
owoatiswag:

Before u mention, I'm already outside the box and making Figures enough to live on.

How
Summary
From civil Mr different hustle
Do not lie
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by owoatiswag(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:

How
Summary
From civil Mr different hustle
Do not lie

Civil ke... Still on a professional course but hustling on different levels
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by owoatiswag(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

not really, was just asking, but in case if der are some projects/contracts...

Alright.. I'm always here if needed
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
EscapadeNg:

Value Re-Orientation
another big word like human capacity building that has no meaning to 99% of the populace. Break it down. How would you re orient values of the majority
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
EscapadeNg:

Value Re-Orientation
another big word like human capacity building that has no meaning to 99% of the populace. Break it down. How would you re orient values of the majority
Practical example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by EscapadeNg(m): 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
@mikolo80, Please pardon me. By Value Re-Orientation, I mean - to re-emphasize the virtues of
honesty, hard work, selfless service, moral rectitude, and patriotism.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
EscapadeNg:
@mikolo80, Please pardon me. By Value Re-Orientation, I mean - to re-emphasize the virtues of
honesty, hard work, selfless service, moral rectitude, and patriotism.

Tell me 3 things you would do to achieve this
Stop all this use of nebulous terms that don't have practical use
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by mikolo80: 6:15am On Aug 02, 2016
owoatiswag:

Civil ke... Still on a professional course but hustling on different levels
case in point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Popular, He Is Only Notorious – Lauretta Onochie / Where Is Ahmed Bola Tinubu / Kanu’s Wisdom And Zero Violent Strategy Made A Fool Of Nigerian Army – UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.