Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. (908 Views)

How Deal For Maina’s Reinstatement, Withdrawal Of N2.5bn Suit Was Struck / Dolapo Osinbajo Represents Aisha Buhari At West African College Of Nursing Event / Return Fayemi's N1.5bn Donation To Your Campaign, Ekiti PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by aresa: 2:13am On Jul 30, 2016

The West African Cotton Company says it will invest about five billion Naira in the agricultural sector in Ogun State.

The company will also invest in other value added chains in the sector.

Proposal for the investment was made known on Tuesday, at a meeting between the State government officials and the management of the West African Cotton Company.

Governor Ibikunle Amosun assured the management of the company, would-be investors and business owners in the State of a better and conducive business environment that would ensure good returns on investments.

While also promising the necessary political will to drive the State’s economy, the Governor said it had become imperative, in view of the dwindling resources from the Federation Account, to seek other sources of revenue for the state.

The Nigerian government had laid a plan to diversify the economy, tapping the agricultural potentials of the nation, to shift the economy from huge reliance on crude oil to agriculture which was the mainstay of the economy before crude oil was discovered.

West African Cotton Company is positioning to benefit from the diversification, with the planned investment in the agricultural sector in Ogun State.

The company is engaged in cotton ginning, selling of cotton lint to textile mills, export of cotton lint, gin motes and textile mill wastes.

The company also imports cotton from other neighbouring West African countries for onward sales to local textile mills, which would boost production of local fabric and improve quality.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/21/west-african-cotton-to-invest-5bn-naira-in-ogun-state/

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by HungerBAD: 2:21am On Jul 30, 2016
Nice

2 Likes

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by greatgod2012(f): 3:07am On Jul 30, 2016
The proximity of Ogun state to Lagos state is really paying off.

Nice gesture!

1 Like

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by koladebrainiac(m): 3:11am On Jul 30, 2016
Ogun again?
Buhari why?

2 Likes

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by EMMYLBANKS(m): 3:15am On Jul 30, 2016
uhmm is still a good development
Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by Standing5(m): 3:34am On Jul 30, 2016
By now Ogun should recognise Lagos is conjested and it is the choicest place for industrial investment. Ogun should be thinking of how to create industrial estate from where it can easily power industries.

2 Likes

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by TheNewIbadan: 3:42am On Jul 30, 2016
Standing5:
By now Ogun should recognise Lagos is conjested and it is the choicest place for industrial investment. Ogun should be thinking of how to create industrial estate from where it can easily power industries.

Thanks for your concern Osu. Weren't you the bigot hating on Ogun's progress on another thread?
When I say Ogun doesn't give a ratass about an Osu's opinion, trust me.

3 Likes

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by Standing5(m): 3:50am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Thanks for your concern Osu. Weren't you the bigot hating on Ogun's progress on another thread?
When I say Ogun doesn't give a ratass about an Osu's opinion, trust me.
Your bigotry ehn. No part 2. How did I hate on Ogun now. You wan take me beef up your monthly report to Tinubu abi!
Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by TheNewIbadan: 3:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Standing5:
Your bigotry ehn. No part 2. How did I hate on Ogun now. You wan take me beef up your monthly report to Tinubu abi!

Nigga go chill because more news like this plenty for "ewedu and amala" states.

Go and resume asslicking your vegetable selling governor.

2 Likes

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by Standing5(m): 3:58am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Nigga go chill because more news like this plenty for "ewedu and amala" states.

Go and resume asslicking your vegetable selling governor.
How is cocoa yam sharing gomínà doing?
Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by TheNewIbadan: 4:02am On Jul 30, 2016
Standing5:
How is cocoa yam sharing gomínà doing?

Osu, you so wish you could derail this thread. Envy + bitterness =Osu. Ogun stay winning.

My last reply to you.

2 Likes

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 30, 2016
Ogun(without oil) is currently number 4 on the states' IGR ranking, our aim is to dislodge the 3rd and 2nd in less than two years and be after Lagos,

By then be sure that some people would claim:

1)They own 70% of the property and investment in Ogun,
2) They developed Ogun,
3) Ogun is no man's land,
4) They want to run for electoral positions,

1 Like

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by DIVINE78: 4:36am On Jul 30, 2016
That's a very good one.
Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 30, 2016
These are what makes up the non-oil revenue not the bogus and fraudulent 5 million dollars vegetables that Sahara Reporters would so burst. cheesy grin grin

cc: Omenka, you know as he dey go now grin

1 Like

Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by TheNewIbadan: 4:39am On Jul 30, 2016
Bolustic:
Ogun(without oil) is currently number 4 on the states' IGR ranking, our aim is to dislodge the 3rd and 2nd in less than two years and be after Lagos,

By then be sure that some people would claim:

1)They own 70% of the property and investment in Ogun,
2) They developed Ogun,
3) Ogun is no man's land,
4) They want to run for electoral positions,

Lol I wonder why Anambra can't become the second Lagos with all their chestbeating. Watch osus land on this page with "Anambra sells more vegetables than Lagos"
Re: West African Cotton To Invest 5bn Naira In Ogun State. by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 30, 2016
These are the evidence of Kemi Adeosun's hard work under Governor Amosun and not the World Bank economist under whose massive looting took place.

(1) (Reply)

P&g Launches $300m Production Plant In Ogun State. / Just In!!! Our October 1st Independence Declaration Is Sacrosanct~ The Avengers / PHOTOS: Fashola Inspects Power Plant Projects In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.