Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

PDP Candidate Withdraws From Kano Bye-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Candidate Withdraws From Kano Bye-election (501 Views)

Osun West Senatorial Bye-Election Results (Unofficial) / Mansur Ali Emerge As Winner Of Kastina Bye Election / Katsina House Of Representatives Bye-Election Results: PDP Beating APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Candidate Withdraws From Kano Bye-election by iamVirus(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate for the Minjibir bye-election in Kano State, Alhaji Auwalu Ubale Minjibir, has withdrawn from the contest.
Minjibir also known as Shagon Minjibir, announced his withdrawal from the race in a broadcast through a Kano-based private radio station, Rahmah Radio, in the early hours of today.
Minjibir alleged that “I have withdrawn because the ruling party has deployed thugs to Minjibir town a day to the election with intention to disrupt the election.
“I am not a troublemaker and I don’t want to be involved in anything trouble and I don’t want to be associated with it”.
The bye-election into the Minjibir state constituency seat in the House of Assembly was earlier slated to hold last April but had to be suspended due to break down of law and order midway through the exercise.
In spite of the PDP candidate’s withdrawal, the election commenced in all the eleven wards with voters apathy characterising the exercise.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the state, Alhaji Garba Lawal Muhammad, said the commission has not received any official letter from Minjibir in that respect.

“We only heard his withdrawal over the radio and our officials are currently at Minjibir local government conducting the bye-election”, he said.
Muhammad, however, said the commission is still waiting for the PDP candidate to officially notify it on his stand.
cc: mynd44 lalasticlala

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/2016/07/30/pdp-candidate-withdraws-from-kano-bye-election/
Re: PDP Candidate Withdraws From Kano Bye-election by iamVirus(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
I'm watching in 3D
Re: PDP Candidate Withdraws From Kano Bye-election by VoteFynestboi(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
OK
Re: PDP Candidate Withdraws From Kano Bye-election by VoteFynestboi(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
iamVirus:
I'm watching in 3D

undecided

(1) (Reply)

#effect-of-change! Police Officer Finding It Difficult To Feed. / North Meets South / ★ Photos: US Secretary Of State Arrives Sokoto State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.