Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,054 members, 7,825,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone (45450 Views)

17 Things You Don’t Know About Tecno Camon CX And Camon CX Air / 9 Countries You Can Travel To And Get Rich In No Time – You Don’t Need USA / 15 Things You Don’t Owe Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by thewetknife: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Damn straight
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Ini9(m): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by salabscholar01(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
As far as I'm happy with myself nobody else's opinion matters. I may need an advice from people, but I do not need their permission to drive my aspirations.

There is a different between seeking advice and seeking permission. Some people will end up seeking permissions from other persons, to enabling them lord their ideas.

Such categories of people are the walking-deads, the monsters... We need to be careful about the world when making personal choices in life.

1 Like

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by dassylegend(f): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
... True

1 Like

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by adedayoa2(f): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
9. BEING SINGLE.

[color=#006600][/color]Really dont know why people will come here and add pepper to injury, whether one decides to be single or not, its not easy been single. The fact that one is single (alone) worries one to death, somebody will now come and insult me or start asking questions about 'why are you still single'. You give me Husband naim I no marry. My take anywayz

3 Likes

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Chimaritoponcho: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nice thread
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by FuckTheMod: 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
SmathGate:
WHY DO WE FEEL THE NEED TO ALWAYS GIVE EXPLANATIONS?

Being an active member of society can fill you with all sorts of pressure and stress. Certain situations make you feel like you must respond a certain way or act in a specific manner. And yes, some people think they know what is best for you and your livelihood.
Buy an “Intelligence is sexy” t-shirt!

REGARDLESS OF ALL OF THOSE THINGS, YOU MUST REMEMBER, YOU DON’T OWE ANYONE AN EXPLANATION FOR…

1. YOUR LIVING SITUATION.

The way you live your life at home is no one’s business but your own. It doesn’t matter whether you have housemates, live alone, live unmarried with a partner, or if you still live with your ex.

2. YOUR LIFE PRIORITIES.

Dream of opening a restaurant? Want to become a pastor at your church? Have an urge to sell all of your belongings and backpack through Peru? Go for it! And remember, you never need to explain your priorities to anyone because they are your priorities, and are not there to impress people.

3. NEEDING ALONE TIME.

If you require alone time in your life, you’re not being rude, introverted, or unfriendly, despite what others might think. You just need time to be by yourself- alone. We all need time to find our center and refocus.

[s]4. YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE.

We all go through changes with our bodies. Losing weight, gaining weight, getting a new hairstyle, growing a beard, or doing anything different with your physical appearance doesn’t require an explanation. They will just have to deal with your purple hair.
[/s]
5. YOUR FOOD PREFERENCES.

Not everyone is fan of pizzas and burgers. Some folks like banana and bacon sandwiches, or they prefer spaghetti with butter instead of tomato sauce. We all have different tastes when it comes to food. If someone tries to judge you over it, don’t pay them any mind. You just go ahead an dip your french fries in your ice cream.
People Explain Why They Lost Interest After a Few Dates

[s]6. YOUR SEX LIFE.

This is a no-brainer. It is a very personal part of your life, and whether your sex life does or doesn’t exist, it’s no one’s business but your own. There will always be someone who will pass judgement on you for who you sleep with or what your sexuality is. But I’ve found, their opinion doesn’t matter.[/s]

7. YOUR CAREER OR PERSONAL LIFE CHOICES.

Go in the direction you want to go, and follow the path of your choosing. If you are a talented artist who desires working in the legal field, follow your heart. If being a lawyer is your dream, go for it. The ones who truly care for you will support your decision.

8. YOUR RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL VIEWS.

These days, it’s easy to pick a fight- just ask someone what their political or religious affiliation is and watch the battle ensue. Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, a Catholic or a Protestant, it is your choice and yours alone, and you never need to defend your beliefs (as long as they don’t harm anyone). Of course, if someone wants to have a mature, candid discussion with you about the topic, then go for it. Exchanging ideas and viewpoints can expand the mind and is beneficial for both parties.

9. BEING SINGLE.

Regardless if you’ve been single for a week or a year, you’re probably comfortable with the decision at this point in your life. If people are pressuring you to find a date, or to get married and settle down, tell them to mind their own. Being single can be great.

10. YOUR RELATIONSHIP CHOICES.

Did your ex ask you to get back together and you said yes? Did you forgive the one that cheated on you?Did you turn down a marriage proposal? Well guess what? All of these decisions were made by you for your own set of reasons. You followed your heart and this is where you landed, and you don’t owe anyone an explanation for that.

Life can be complicated, and the people around us can either make it more difficult, or they can ease the burdens by supporting your choices. You don’t have to give explanations for everything.

culled from http://iheartintelligence.com/2016/07/28/11-explanations/
you must be joking
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Araoluwa005(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
chubbygal:
Your complexion cool
Coke and fanta
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by adoks(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
lilmax:
The way you live your life is no one's business

That's what drug lords, std patients said before it became everybody's business cheesy

The way you live your life is no one's business, you can only say that when you know you don't need anyone's help in your life (decent life) cool

Well said
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by kellsblingsz(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
All these things said here might be tru, but, sometimes we as humans needs someone to either talk to us about a certain treat that we display or smth dat we do that we might feel is right before we can be able to change...just saying
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by yomi007k(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
adedayoa2:
9. BEING SINGLE.

[color=#006600][/color]Really dont know why people will come here and add pepper to injury, whether one decides to be single or not, its not easy been single. The fact that one is single (alone) worries one to death, somebody will now come and insult me or start asking questions about 'why are you still single'. You give me Husband naim I no marry. My take anywayz

babe...y u still single? .lol
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Mbkite(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Op, you may be right. But, I still think that reasonable people's opinion matters a lot. God gave us family, religious leaders and friends for a purpose.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by horlabiyi(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by justmenoni: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin But if you have got a fanta and coke complexion, my Brother it's everyone fucking business in naija ooo u know grin grin grin grin grin grin

chubbygal:
Your complexion cool
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by justicejay(m): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
EmmaOgbu:
G
You for don lease the plot for me since you knw say na only center of gravity or G-string u wan write undecided
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by jojothaiv(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Your Salary should also be included...

1 Like

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Rapture4real(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=AntiWailer post=48031629]Truth[/quot
There is nothing truthful in the post. It shows lack of responsibility and accountability. If you walk alone, Satan will catch up with you before you know it, he has taken over your life. This is an invitation to an irresponsible life. You need someone to tell you the truth if you want to be great.
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by emitheo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Angeldepedro:
I owe my loved ones all those explanations, my parents, siblings and my partner, i live for them.
meaning you don't have a life of your own?
shebi dem born u to come live for somebody? SMH...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Emmaino247: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Adeoba10:
My comments on Nairaland.
FTC
Hello my fellow Nairalanders. Please I need ur help n assistance, i hate coming online to ask for favour, but i cant hold it anymore, please if u cant help me dont abuse me. I just want to ask you people, d address and phone number of those wu are in charge of FTC gift. Am xpecting mine.
jos kip on xpecting
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by merits(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
1)And types of girl you bang.
2)Type of cow you bought 4 ur wedding.

Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by OlujobaSamuel: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
if you owe no one an explanation for your actions, then you are worthless, people's perception of you, either in appreciation or condemnation determines your worth in life.
If you still don't get it, cite a case of your choice and I give you an explanation.
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by adedayoa2(f): 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
yomi007k:

babe...y u still single? .lol
your head grin
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
emitheo:

meaning you don't have a life of your own?
shebi dem born u to come live for somebody? SMH...
you took it literally, my sweet mum can't ask me why I'm getting lean and not answer her cos i think i don't owe her an explanation, all what the Op wrote up there doesn't apply to me, what's life without your loved one? They make my life a beautiful one, so we live for one another, that's what family is.
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by TomHagen: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Helkayklassic:
You don't owe anyone explanation only if you drop from heaven. If you didn't owe your friends explanations, your parents nko?
Leave them. Dem go just just dey open threads anyhow. You go just comot for house one day, carry tattoo full your body, braid your hair, put earring come talk say you no owe your papa and your mama any explanation. You must explain yourself.
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by mriyesecnerwal(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
yoruba people are fond of this especially the ones who tie wrapper from morning till night!
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by misterchris(m): 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
kachiz:
One guy during NYSC: why do you always like going to toilet? I don dey monitor you, somedays e dey even reach four times.

Me: its bevause I am using my money to buy food for myself unlike you that is saving your allawee to use and buy land in your village, buy car and send your future children to school.
You for just call am monitoring spirit. Na him priority you just mention.
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by titiakins: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Helkayklassic:
You don't owe anyone explanation only if you drop from heaven. If you didn't owe your friends explanations, your parents nko?
abeg tell am
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by TheSPEAKER(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
I owe explanation to my parents, boss, accountability buddy, government and law of the land.
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by holluphemydavid(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
OK nice isorite
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by menxer: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
OP just listed the major characteristics of a selfish, self centered individual.

Life is not all about oneself, else what is the essence of charity and selfless service to others?
Re: 10 Explanations You Don’t Owe Anyone by mabeni(m): 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
SmathGate:
WHY DO WE FEEL THE NEED TO ALWAYS GIVE EXPLANATIONS?

Being an active member of society can fill you with all sorts of pressure and stress. Certain situations make you feel like you must respond a certain way or act in a specific manner. And yes, some people think they know what is best for you and your livelihood.
Buy an “Intelligence is sexy” t-shirt!

REGARDLESS OF ALL OF THOSE THINGS, YOU MUST REMEMBER, YOU DON’T OWE ANYONE AN EXPLANATION FOR…

1. YOUR LIVING SITUATION.

The way you live your life at home is no one’s business but your own. It doesn’t matter whether you have housemates, live alone, live unmarried with a partner, or if you still live with your ex.

2. YOUR LIFE PRIORITIES.

Dream of opening a restaurant? Want to become a pastor at your church? Have an urge to sell all of your belongings and backpack through Peru? Go for it! And remember, you never need to explain your priorities to anyone because they are your priorities, and are not there to impress people.

3. NEEDING ALONE TIME.

If you require alone time in your life, you’re not being rude, introverted, or unfriendly, despite what others might think. You just need time to be by yourself- alone. We all need time to find our center and refocus.

4. YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE.

We all go through changes with our bodies. Losing weight, gaining weight, getting a new hairstyle, growing a beard, or doing anything different with your physical appearance doesn’t require an explanation. They will just have to deal with your purple hair.

5. YOUR FOOD PREFERENCES.

Not everyone is fan of pizzas and burgers. Some folks like banana and bacon sandwiches, or they prefer spaghetti with butter instead of tomato sauce. We all have different tastes when it comes to food. If someone tries to judge you over it, don’t pay them any mind. You just go ahead an dip your french fries in your ice cream.
People Explain Why They Lost Interest After a Few Dates

6. YOUR SEX LIFE.

This is a no-brainer. It is a very personal part of your life, and whether your sex life does or doesn’t exist, it’s no one’s business but your own. There will always be someone who will pass judgement on you for who you sleep with or what your sexuality is. But I’ve found, their opinion doesn’t matter.

7. YOUR CAREER OR PERSONAL LIFE CHOICES.

Go in the direction you want to go, and follow the path of your choosing. If you are a talented artist who desires working in the legal field, follow your heart. If being a lawyer is your dream, go for it. The ones who truly care for you will support your decision.

8. YOUR RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL VIEWS.

These days, it’s easy to pick a fight- just ask someone what their political or religious affiliation is and watch the battle ensue. Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, a Catholic or a Protestant, it is your choice and yours alone, and you never need to defend your beliefs (as long as they don’t harm anyone). Of course, if someone wants to have a mature, candid discussion with you about the topic, then go for it. Exchanging ideas and viewpoints can expand the mind and is beneficial for both parties.

9. BEING SINGLE.

Regardless if you’ve been single for a week or a year, you’re probably comfortable with the decision at this point in your life. If people are pressuring you to find a date, or to get married and settle down, tell them to mind their own. Being single can be great.

10. YOUR RELATIONSHIP CHOICES.

Did your ex ask you to get back together and you said yes? Did you forgive the one that cheated on you?Did you turn down a marriage proposal? Well guess what? All of these decisions were made by you for your own set of reasons. You followed your heart and this is where you landed, and you don’t owe anyone an explanation for that.

Life can be complicated, and the people around us can either make it more difficult, or they can ease the burdens by supporting your choices. You don’t have to give explanations for everything.

culled from http://iheartintelligence.com/2016/07/28/11-explanations/
have we met before cos It's baffles me hw u knw me ds much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Abbreviations You Must Know About / Trailer Load Of Jonathan/sambo Rice Involved In Accident / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.