Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine (640 Views)

8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / Drinking Red Wine Comes With Health Benefits / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by joey150(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
Alcohol isn't all doom and gloom if you know what you are doing, if you know how to consume the right quantity and when to hang up your jacket and leave the bar. Red wine is said to be one of the very healthy variants of alcohol, if you choose to drink, you may as well want to drink right. Here are seven reasons why the consumption of red wine may just be doing you more good than you think;

Protects your smile.

When it comes to red wine and your teeth, it has been labelled as a big fat stainer, which can be true. However, evidence shows that wine also protects your teeth from bacteria. Proanthocyanidins (flavonoids with antioxidants) in red wine help prevent bacteria from sticking to your pearly whites, thus preventing cavities and plaque buildup. Now, that’s a reason to smile.

Aids digestion.
A glass of red wine with your meal may do more than just ease conversation. Polyphenols in wine help your gut lessen the harmful effects of certain chemicals before they are distributed throughout the rest of your system. They also tell the body to release nitric oxide, which relaxes (stretches) the walls of your stomach as it fills with food, helps counteract effects of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and improves digestion.

Whittle your waistline.

Red wine not only helps make you feel more satisfied and suppress your appetite (so you eat less), but studies say it also can halt the growth of fat cells through a substance called piceatannol. Basically, the substance stops the fat cells from fully forming or maturing into full-blown fat. The result? A lesser chance of becoming obese.

ALSO READ: EIGHT AMAZING BENEFITS OF COCONUT WATER

Strengthen your bones.

Recent studies show that moderately consuming red wine helps maintain strong, healthy bones. This connection is especially evident in the case of postmenopausal women. Stronger bones mean a lesser chance of developing osteoporosis. However, it’s a balance; over-consumption has the reverse effect and can make bones weaker and more brittle. Remember: moderation is key!

Prevent cancer.

Perhaps some of the most exciting research reveals red wine’s cancer-fighting powers, thanks to the presence of polyphenols (especially resveratrol). Polyphenols, found in grapes, have some incredible antioxidant attributes that include protection from the free radicals that damage cells and DNA and lead to cancer. In particular, resveratrol has proven to impede the growth of cancer cells and incidence of tumours in studies with animals. Researchers are hoping to use this knowledge in future cancer prevention and treatment.

Fight a cold.

It’s true: the high levels of antioxidant-rich polyphenols impede the multiplication of viruses once they’re in your system. It also helps lower your susceptibility to flu and cold viruses in the first place. According to a study in Spain, individuals who drank two or more glasses a day had a 44% lower incidence of colds than non-drinkers.

These are just six benefits of red wine—there are other research that suggests it helps lower cholesterol, prevent the onset of dementia, and even promote better lung function. Just remember that these health returns are reaped from moderate consumption (aim for around 1 glass a night for women, 1-2 for men) and that extreme consumption actually reverses many of these benefits.

As long as you keep this in mind, sit back, relax, and keep on pouring!

http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/7-exciting-benefits-of-drinking-red-wine.html?m=1

Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by joey150(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lalasticlala spread the good news.. Cheers!
Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by 007Nasky(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
I hav neva taken beer only red wine or notin
Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
grin

I don't know why I can't take the red/white wine even they wud say it taste good and expensive & healthy..

But My palate is so sensitive when it comes to this type of alcohol tongue
Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
This post just made me thirsty cool
Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by sleazy5(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
Op shey zobo na still red wine and one would still gain the same benefits that drinking red wine gives
Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by joey150(m): 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
sleazy5:
Op shey zobo na still red wine and one would still gain the same benefits that drinking red wine gives
shebi tonic water na still vodka? undecided
Re: 6 Exciting Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine by joey150(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

I don't know why I can't take the red/white wine even they wud say it taste good and expensive & healthy..

But My palate is so sensitive when it comes to this type of alcohol tongue
yeah it takes some getting used to.

(1) (Reply)

Finally In Naija At Last! Magical Japanese Cream That Erase Black Spots E.t.c / Chance Piedra / How To Cure Ovarian Cancer With Onions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.