Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Mikel Obi Named U23 Dream Team Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Named U23 Dream Team Captain (397 Views)

Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / Dalung Poses With KatsuyaTakasu After Helping U23 Team / Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Named U23 Dream Team Captain by Fabulous7(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mikel has been named U23 team captain.
congrat bro.
The midfielder has been handed the armband by
coach Samson Siasia for the men's football event
ahead of their trip to the Brazilian city on Monday John Obi Mikel has been named as the new captain
of the Nigeria U23 squad for the Rio Olympic Games. The midfielder will be assisted by erstwhile skipper
Azubuike Okechukwu at the men's football event in
Brazil. Samson Siasia announced his chioce following a
meeting with players and other officials on Saturday,
said it was a natural decision, seeing his role as
Team Nigeria skipper. "It's just natural for me to pick Mikel as our captain,"
Siasia announced. "Aside the fact that he is the captain of the Super
Eagles, he is also Team Nigeria captain, so after
meeting with both of them and explaining my
position, I am pleased to say Azubuike who has
been our captain understood and was happy to hand
over the captain’s band to Mikel. "It is a thing of joy for my team to produce the first
footballer to captain Team Nigeria to the Olympics.
This, to me, is more than gratifying." Meanwhile, the Dream Team VI will depart training
camp base in Atlanta, USA, to Rio on Monday, August
1 after the NFF had concluded arrangement for the
team to be moved via a chartered flight to Manaus. The African champions will begin their opening
game against Japan on August 4 at the AmazĂ´nia
Arena, Manaus before facing Colombia and Sweden
in other Group B matches.
www.goal.com/ng.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Chelsea Eye PSV Santiago Arias As Rahman Leaves / 5 Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Perform Well At The Olympics / Daily Free 100% Analysis For All Football Betting Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.