Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! (1115 Views)

6 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Marriage Process In Hausa Land / 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People / 30 Interesting Facts About Some Nigerian Minority Ethnic Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by wenson(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
In a world where 90% of the population are right-handed, the remaining 10% happens to be left handed and their struggle is real. It is more difficult for the lefties to fit in. Right from using scissors to struggling with the awkwardly shaped school desks, lefties must be loaded with superpowers. How else would they adjust themselves in a world tailor-made for the right-handed?
Here are some interesting facts about left-handers!

1. Left-handers are better at art and architecture.

2. They have an easier time learning to use their right hand.

3. They are likely to drink 3 times more than right-handed people.

4. Lefties are likely to be on the extreme poles of intelligence scale.

5. Connections between the right and left sides of the brain are faster in left-handed people.

6. Men are more likely to be left-handed.

7. Lefties have an IQ over 140 than righties.

8. They have better underwater visions.

9. They are scared more than right-handers.

10. They get angrier more often too.

11. They blush a lot, a lot of times.

12. Many intellectuals and politicians are left-handers.

Some of you might have friends who are lefties! How many of these facts have you noticed in them? And if you have anymore to add to these, do comment below!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by playboy99(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
y lilsis got 2,4,3 n 7 that sumtime i wish i was one.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by pek(m): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
You forgot one important point. They are called southpaws and not lefties.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by MidasTouche01(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
The no. 1 is quite true, Leonardo DaVinci, Boticelli, and Michangelo favoured their left hands than the right..

But being ambidextrous is the best!!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by Eleniyan15: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
TeamSouthPaw
please don't forget my signature come tommorow Fynestboi ni ooo
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by nairalife2013(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
I dont know what to tell u, but u seem to be right here. My first dota is a lefty, a southpaw, as they call them in standard mode. I Cried my eyes out when I found out. She was a year old then. Against my fatherly instructions, my wife cared less abt it and wouldnt mind which hand my dota, nedadi, used to scribble her abc and 123! I sent instructions to my dota's proprietress and teachers that I will hold them responsible if my dota grew up a lefty. They took my word and set to forcing my dota to use her right hand always. Heaven came down; the school stood still as my dota, upon all the chastised efforts, kept using her left hand. Born after many years of heart breaking miscarriages, I was bent on making sure she had all the best trappings of life. To be a lefty was not part of it. Am never a lover of novelty. U could understand why I hid in d lavatory and cry at d thought of having a dota who wrote with her left hand! But, against all odds, am ok with it now. She turned out to be an enigmatic child. in nursery 1 , the youngest in her class, she trashed d rest of the class to grab the first position, the neatest pupil in the sch and the best child with leadership qualities etc. At home, she does things that scare the hell out of me and my wife, her mother. We have thought severally she is an old woman in kid's skin! She operates all d gadgets in the house with awesome dexterity: she drives her car like a paul walker and acts like a mother to her younger siblings! Once my wife brought a cane and not-too-painfully lashed my second dota on her palms for dipping my iphone in a glass of water. Nedadi sat still and observed me and her mother and her culprit younger sister solemnly, then got up and told me softly, daddy, pls tell yur wife not to beat my sister like that again, she's just a baby!!!

I couldn't sleep that nite, so also mywife.

When I created a thread for kids' antics, it was to see whether there are other kids like her. But the thread did not survive. Now I hang all histories of her behavior in static and motion picture on the family cloud. Ha! Now she uses both hands almost equally!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by Fynestboi: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
cool
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by wenson(m): 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
nairalife2013:
I dont know what to tell u, but u seem to be right here. My first dota is a lefty, a southpaw, as they call them in standard mode. I Cried my eyes out when I found out. She was a year old then. Against my fatherly instructions, my wife cared less abt it and wouldnt mind which hand my dota, nedadi, used to scribble her abc and 123! I sent instructions to my dota's proprietress and teachers that I will hold them responsible if my dota grew up a lefty. They took my word and set to forcing my dota to use her right hand always. Heaven came down; the school stood still as my dota, upon all the chastised efforts, kept using her left hand. Born after many years of heart breaking miscarriages, I was bent on making sure she had all the best trappings of life. To be a lefty was not part of it. Am never a lover of novelty. U could understand why I hid in d lavatory and cry at d thought of having a dota who wrote with her left hand! But, against all odds, am ok with it now. She turned out to be an enigmatic child. in nursery 1 , the youngest in her class, she trashed d rest of the class to grab the first position, the neatest pupil in the sch and the best child with leadership qualities etc. At home, she does things that scare the hell out of me and my wife, her mother. We have thought severally she is an old woman in kid's skin! She operates all d gadgets in the house with awesome dexterity: she drives her car like a paul walker and acts like a mother to her younger siblings! Once my wife brought a cane and not-too-painfully lashed my second dota on her palms for dipping my iphone in a glass of water. Nedadi sat still and observed me and her mother and her culprit younger sister solemnly, then got up and told me softly, daddy, pls tell yur wife not to beat my sister like that again, she's just a baby!!!
I couldn't sleep that nite, so also mywife.
When I created a thread for kids' antics, it was to see whether there are other kids like her. But the thread did not survive. Now I hang all histories of her behavior in static and motion picture on the family cloud. Ha! Now she uses both hands almost equally!
How old is your daughter now
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by wenson(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
pek:
You forgot one important point. They are called southpaws and not lefties.

I used the word 'lefties' cos it's more easier to understand not that I didn't know it is called southpaws!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by nairalife2013(m): 4:23am On Aug 01, 2016
wenson:

How old is your daughter now
5.the car is a Malaysian built tot's car(manual and radio controlled)
Re: Interesting Facts About The Left-handed People You Didn’t Know! by calebify1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
now i know.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Speaking Nairalanders, How Would You Translate These English Words To Igbo? / Is It Wrong? / How Far Into The Future Should One Care?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.