Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . (11785 Views)

Architectural Design Challenge - Post Your Design ! / I Need Quotation For Plumbing And Wiring For Three Bedroom And Two Selfcontain / Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by topsy23: 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2021
amosblisz:

Ok thanks. I initially brought in another plumber unknown to the Engr tho, just give me a run through and all he was saying was that at the long run the pipe will definitely chop off and get damaged that anything man made dies off and needs repair, and if I insist on not changing plans and running the pipes outside I'd be the one to regret it later in future and not the Engr.

Sorry is the building a residential building? Is it possible to show us the floor plan so that we can see the particular toilet in question.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 9:59am On Apr 09, 2021
topsy23:

Sorry is the building a residential building? Is it possible to show us the floor plan so that we can see the particular toilet in question.

Good one from you ,that is another suggestion
He can Send the pics as suggested.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by amosblisz: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
This is it, that's how the pipes were run through
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by topsy23: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
amosblisz:
This is it, that's how the pipes were run through

No attachment
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by amosblisz: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
topsy23:

No attachment

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by topsy23: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=amosblisz post=100670643][/quote]

Sir, the pipes not suppose to cross the german floor. The pipes should be run directly to the outside wall as against crossing the german floor. Was thinking maybe the toilet is at the middle of the building

1 Like

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by amosblisz: 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2021
topsy23:

Sir, the pipes not suppose to cross the german floor. The pipes should be run directly to the outside wall as against crossing the german floor. Was thinking maybe the toilet is at the middle of the building

Ok oga mì but if the toilet were to be at middle of the house tho, would you suggest it passed through the German floor of the house?

Because ATM I'm just weighing options of not wasting money in getting new pipes and damaging the old ones...I already spent more than 100k on the pipes and it's accessories tho some are still left that would be use for the outside running to the septic tank and soakaway.

The major reason for this initially is that I don't want any of the pipes visible on the building especially the front view of the house
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by topsy23: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2021
amosblisz:

Ok oga mì but if the toilet were to be at middle of the house tho, would you suggest it passed through the German floor of the house?

Because ATM I'm just weighing options of not wasting money in getting new pipes and damaging the old ones...I already spent more than 100k on the pipes and it's accessories tho some are still left that would be use for the outside running to the septic tank and soakaway.

The major reason for this initially is that I don't want any of the pipes visible on the building especially the front view of the house

If the toilet is at the middle of the house , there is no option than run the pipes through german floor. Then you should be thinking of thick pipe of 3.2mm .

But with the position of the toilet ..no pipe will show since you are doing a conduit system of installation s and not the surface type. The only thing that will show is the Vent cowl at high level
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
topsy23:

If the toilet is at the middle of the house , there is no option than run the pipes through german floor. Then you should be thinking of thick pipe of 3.2mm .

But with the position of the toilet ..no pipe will show since you are doing a conduit system of installation s and not the surface type. The only thing that will show is the Vent cowl at high level

Very correct
Yes with thickness of 3.2-5mm pipe.
Like the pics below is fine

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by amosblisz: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
topsy23:

Thanks sir
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by amosblisz: 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
rotecch77:

Very correct
Yes with thickness of 3.2-5mm pipe.
Like the pics below is fine

Well unfortunately the pipes are not so thick and I'm not willing to take that risk so the running of the pipes is now be done outside by another plumber. I don't mind the loss but it's a lesson for next time
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
amosblisz:

Well unfortunately the pipes are not so thick and I'm not willing to take that risk so the running of the pipes is now be done outside by another plumber. I don't mind the loss but it's a lesson for next time

That is a good decision since the pipe is not thick one
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 8:20am On Apr 24, 2021
We are here for you
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Femmyfestus: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2021
rotecch77:
Thanks you all for you support and patronage long live to you all

This tread is mainly for any problem you might have or any question you wish to ask about mechanical (plumbing) issue in your rented apartment,house, factory, garden, office ,etc.
Rotech77 and team are ready to bail you out free
Rotech77@yahoo.co.uk
I need help with this sir.
i usually pump water into the water tank and whenever it fulls then i switch off the pumping machine. Before the next day, there will be no water running inside the house again. I dont know what is really wrong. And when i pump it again. In less than 24hours. The water wil not run inside the house again untill i pump. I dont know how the water in the tank is getting dry or leaving the water tank
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Femmyfestus:

I need help with this sir.
i usually pump water into the water tank and whenever it fulls then i switch off the pumping machine. Before the next day, there will be no water running inside the house again. I dont know what is really wrong. And when i pump it again. In less than 24hours. The water wil not run inside the house again untill i pump. I dont know how the water in the tank is getting dry or leaving the water tank

In a simple summary, there is a leakage somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by oyin4luv: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
Good morning, I have a water challenge in my apartment,water is not coming into the house but there is water inside the tank, same for my neighbour.We called the plumber and he said the pipe is blocked that we should lay another pipe that will either be underground or surface for the two flat. My question is 1. what will the estimate be like.
2.is it possible to flush the pipe to get rid of dirt and sand.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
oyin4luv:
Good morning, I have a water challenge in my apartment,water is not coming into the house but there is water inside the tank, same for my neighbour.We called the plumber and he said the pipe is blocked that we should lay another pipe that will either be underground or surface for the two flat. My question is 1. what will the estimate be like.
2.is it possible to flush the pipe to get rid of dirt and sand.

Quick answer
Q1- I don’t know the total length of your building and your location plus other factors this will determine the cost

2. I don’t think you can get tools that will do the flushing for you in your area.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by bobkezel(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
Good afternoon bro
I have a question o
Is there any implication of using one pipe to channel all the waste in the building.
Some plumbers suggest I use single pipe and then put a vent, while some suggest I use double pipe ;one for waste water, one for faeces.
They said if I use single the toilet will be smelling. While others said if I use a vent it won't smell.
Pls what do you advise?
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
bobkezel:
Good afternoon bro
I have a question o
Is there any implication of using one pipe to channel all the waste in the building.
Some plumbers suggest I use single pipe and then put a vent, while some suggest I use double pipe ;one for waste water, one for faeces.
They said if I use single the toilet will be smelling. While others said if I use a vent it won't smell.
Pls what do you advise?

Actually we have
Single stack and double stack waste piping system

Here is it, if you have your suck- away separate ( which is the most common one ) then go straight for double piping system ( one for waste water from bathing, washbasin, shower and the second piping will be for water from the wc waste

1 Like

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by bobkezel(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
rotecch77:

Actually we have
Single stack and double stack waste piping system

Here is it, if you have your suck- away separate ( which is the most common one ) then go straight for double piping system ( one for waste water from bathing, washbasin, shower and the second piping will be for water from the wc waste
Thanks for the clear response. I actually have a separate soak away but still still trying to minimize cost.
Cos I learnt having it double is at extra cost.
If I use the single system, will my kitchen and toilet actually smell?
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
bobkezel:

Thanks for the clear response. I actually have a separate soak away but still still trying to minimize cost.
Cos I learnt having it double is at extra cost.
If I use the single system, will my kitchen and toilet actually smell?

I have explained the preventive method for the back flow of odor here or on other thread Earlier

But to safe your self from some nearest future expanses ( your septic tank might always filled up quickly and your suckaway pit might not be able to accommodate the water anymore) this might cause serious expenses for you.
So to safe yourself from this drama it’s beta to go for DOUBLE STAKING system ( two way piping system)
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by bobkezel(m): 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
rotecch77:

I have explained the preventive method for the back flow of odor here or on my thread Earlier

But to safe your self from some nearest future expanses ( your septic tank might always filled up quickly and your suckaway pit might not be able to accommodate the water anymore) this might cause serious expenses for you.
So to safe yourself from this drama it’s beta to go for DOUBLE STAKING system ( two way piping system)
OK, thanks
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2021
bobkezel:

OK, thanks
You are welcome
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Bring your question
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by thiscounts(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
@rotecch .

Kindly be of help.Is it advisable to run the water pipe of a bungalow under the roof(above the ceiling) instead of the ground.
My plumber intends doing this.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by mufutau55(m): 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
thiscounts:
@rotecch .
Kindly be of help.Is it advisable to run the water pipe of a bungalow under the roof(above the ceiling) instead of the ground.
My plumber intends doing this.

When there is leakage... all your POP ceilings and all the ceiling wood goes. But let's hear what Oga Rotecch says.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2022
mufutau55:

When there is leakage... all your POP ceilings and all the ceiling wood goes. But let's hear what Oga Rotecch says.

Hajji M.

You are very correct baba, it will result to “wet rot problem” unless if the pipe are very thick and good product and leakage test carried out on such.

But generally you don’t need roof piping System for a bungalow just run your piping system through ground

2 Likes

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by thiscounts(m): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2022
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by helllenn: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2022
My biggest problem is a leak in the faucet.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 11:14am On Mar 03, 2022
helllenn:
My biggest problem is a leak in the faucet. It switches the direction of water flow between the sink and the bathroom.

I don’t get you clearly
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by helllenn: 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
My biggest problem is a leak in the faucet. It switches the direction of water flow between the sink and the bathroom. I contacted emergency plumber san diego the last time I encountered this problem. But most often I get blockages in the pipes. But I often can handle it myself. To begin with, I plug all the plumbing risers going to this pipe. Then I fill all plumbing fixtures with closed drains with water. Well, then I open all the plums abruptly. A sharp increase in pressure can help in pipe cleaning.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by montego22(m): 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hey. The problem is much easier to prevent than to later think about how to break the clog in the pipe. Installation of special strainers, waste catchers, compliance with the rules of operation, periodic flushing of the system, reduce the risk of problems with the capacity of the sewer, both in the apartment and in a private home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

/ ,, / 80% Of Lekki Buildings Have No Approval, Says LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.