Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? (29537 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2019
legalwealth:

@ Calculu.sx

Hope you can see that you should have returned the plate numbers along with the original papers of the lemon lexus ES 350 and not telling me to come and collect them as I told you on https://www.nairaland.com/4950767/awful-experience-calculusx-runs-owns

They are still with you since January 10th of this year that you said the new owner was processing change of owner after which the details of the plate numbers are still showing the same till date on websites of relevant authorities.

You need help legalwealth.

Is this not the screenshot you posted in the other thread.

Why do you like to contradict yourself.

I just imagine what people doing business with you go through.

Why can't you be bold enough to walk to his office and collect your plate number if you need it. Do you give him the plate number on NL or is he supposed to hand over the plate number to you on NL.

When you want to buy beg for the car, you know his office, when you want to return and collect refund you know his office, so why do you have difficulty in going back to his office for your plate number?

Abeg, stop being a coward, just go and collect your plate number if you need it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by legalwealth(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
Polyestar:
The plate number is registered to your name and to the brand of vehicle you owned. But once sold, it still becomes yours but useless.

Very correct!

The bolded confirms it to be your intellectual property that you should know and document where it is or still keep it safe somewhere majorly/primarily for security reasons.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by diportivo: 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
TheCar:

Why can't you be bold enough to walk to his office and collect your plate number if you need it. Do you give him the plate number on NL or is he supposed to hand over the plate number to you on NL.

When you want to buy beg for the car, you know his office, when you want to return and collect refund you know his office, so why do you have difficulty in going back to his office for your plate number?

Abeg, stop being a coward, just go and collect your plate number if you need it.

he wont reply u grin
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
diportivo:

he wont reply u grin

I wasn't expecting a reply from him either.

When you lied and you're busted with facts, you have to save your face.

So the best thing for legalwealth to do is hide his face.

When I confronted him at the other thread, he decides to abuse and change the narration but when he observed I do not take offense in his insults, he stop replying me which is a good thing.

Legalwealth, please we need you to proof beyond reasonable doubt that you didn't not lied.

It's a simple request/question.

I am not expecting a reply though. grin grin grin
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by dannybrasky(m): 3:24am On Jun 16, 2019
Its official,he has mental issues,this is not normal.

TheCar:

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2019
I have been trying to tell u guys....
this guy is suffering from chronic mental breakdown...

he has serious mental issues....

I also want us to understand that selling the ride without plate number is different from what this dunce wanted to do... he wanted calculusx to sell the ride as a tokunbo ride...

and they don't actually delete the record and add a fresh record of that entry in the Vehicle License Database. ..else that could spell freedom for people that plan to use the ride for fraudulent and criminal intents . . reg, use it to do something criminal and then go and delete it from the DB...
.what they do (I honestly hope) is to delink that chassis number from the plate number,.... but audit logs will show that they have been paired before!!!

legalwealth wanted calculusx to give his consent to delete the record completely from the DB and sell the ride as fresh toks.... which will entail defrauding the unsuspecting buyer.....

why u ask? so th profit margin will still be high and he will make initial beggy beggy down payment for the HP ride he was crying like a baby for!

that guy is a crook! QED

5 Likes

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2019
diportivo:

he wont reply u grin

he doesn't usually make up to 50 replies without getting a ban....

so he is counting it and trying to use it to salvage his rep....

I'm just angry that he is still mentioning calculus name.... shey he told us that people came to his kiosk, begging him to take the 50k and his intellectual property..... and he refused....

but why is he afraid of going to collect this stuff....

the major intellect (brain) that should own the property has gone AWOL, then who is going to manage the property?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by legalwealth(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2019
drpossibilities:
It is possible. I just did same last week. I was using a Honda City and then I bought an Acura MDX. I sold the City without the plate number and transferred the Plate No. to the Acura. It cost me just N30,000 rather than the N48,000 it would have cost me to get a new plate number. Carregng does it for N35,000.

What you did is known to be possible but law enforcement agents might still want to frustrate you on the road one day.

So therefore, the best you should have done is collect and keep or document where the plate numbers are if for whatever reasons, you are unable to see it while you get a fresh (new) one.

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by legalwealth(m): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2019
XX01:

I have done it. It's real but the stress is too much. It takes longer for your papers to come out and you will be stressed.

This is also another reason getting fresh(new) plate numbers is advised! !!
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by legalwealth(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
To those it might concern on this thread, read the update bolded below;

When I refuse to respond henceforth and walk away, it doesn't mean you've all won.
It simply means that your hypocritical, foolish and stupid selves aren't worth any more of my time! !!

You can call me or say what you want hypocritically as usual, but you can never convince me that God does not love me! !!

#Obinna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by dannybrasky(m): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
Astalavista stray dog! Run to your owner/husband grin

legalwealth:
To those it might concern on this thread, read the update bolded below;

When I refuse to respond henceforth and walk away, it doesn't mean you've all won.
It simply means that your hypocritical, foolish and stupid selves aren't worth any more of my time! !!

1 Like

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by legalwealth(m): 2:52am On Jun 17, 2019
Only people who are incapable of intelligent arguments bring insults to the table. That's all they have.

#Eke

Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by paix(m): 11:12am On Jun 17, 2019
akara:
Ehm

What if the plate numbers are already engraved on the car windows, windscreen as is common. It might not be worth it.
This act devalues the car seriously. Especially when you take the car to the dealer.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by paix(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2019
Please, ensure that you have the seller and buyer agreement when you seal the deal, and make sure he/she does the change of ownership to his/her name. Because any crimes committed will be traced to you.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by arro: 11:59am On Jun 18, 2019
How much can I register my saloon car with Abuja number?
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 19, 2019
arro:
How much can I register my saloon car with Abuja number?
35k at office of the HOS. There is a Vio /Frsc office there.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by drpossibilities(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
sinistrian:

Did they issue a new proof-of-ownership certificate to you for the new vehicle?

No, they just stamped the old one at the back.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by drpossibilities(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
legalwealth:

What you did is known to be possible but law enforcement agents might still want to frustrate you on the road one day.

So therefore, the best you should have done is collect and keep or document where the plate numbers are if for whatever reasons, you are unable to see it while you get a fresh (new) one.

I be lawyer and trouble na my work cheesy cheesy. I am ready for them. grin
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by legalwealth(m): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2019
drpossibilities:

I be lawyer and trouble na my work cheesy cheesy. I am ready for them. grin

Lol!

Pray you don't meet my kind and type Ooo! !!

Nah strategy I go use deal with you even diplomatically.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by Kayharry(m): 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2020
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by mactolf: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
It's possible, once you have the original documents, most important the POC , transfer of plate number.
Re: Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? by mactolf: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
Assuming ur plate number is Lagos, visit Lagos tax office, ask for road task department.
Same to other states. Make sure that the the new data is uploaded on FRSC Portal, to avoid this agency wahala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Spotted Using Palm Oil As Lubricant For His Motorcycle / All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.