Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

How Did Life Really Start? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Life Really Start? (2140 Views)

Is A Meaningful Life Really Possible? / Is A Meaningful Life Really Possible? / How Did Life Begin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Life Really Start? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2009
I mean there had to be mature life forms, at least a pair that propagated. Lets examine the schools of thought and really see what is logical and what is not.

One school says that life started with a single cell under certain conditions. Another school says that an intelligent and very powerful being created life.

The theory of evolution advocates that certain molecules just happened to fit together under certain conditions and somehow a cell was formed. This cell over time somehow developed the method to become multi-cellular which was its way of adapting to its environment. So the key word here is gradual development without any outside control. in other words life came about naturally on its own through natural forces.

Lest I forget the required elements that brought the cell together actually came from a universal explosion, or big bang.

The other argument is that an intelligent Being created fully grown or mature life forms that were equipped to make other life forms.

Which one of those arguments require stronger faith to believe in? What are the chances that life could have come forth from an explosion?

And even their own teaching on Thermodynamics counter the very argument of the TOE, because the 2nd law states that matter moves from a state of order to disorder within a closed system, although it matters not if its closed or open. Things degenerate. Just as the very bible teaches. Sin is causing this part of the universe to age including humans. Living matter as well as non-living matter are rusting and degenerating.

Can the TOE account for the degeneration of matter? Can it account for the degeneration of morals and social values? What has become of the gradual development among life forms? can the TOE account for the increased spate of diseases that is wreaking havoc on human life?

What next evolutionists?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2009
If I knew the answer to you question i'd be king of the world. . .
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2009
Ever occurred to you why you can't answer those questions? When you get the chance take a look at the 2nd law of thermodynamics as advocated and accepted by modern scientists, and try and fit that into the theory of evolution, which basically teaches that life is on the upward path. Life progresses towards being better equipped to adopt to its surroundings.

Yet we are seeing the very opposite. Al we see is death and chaos.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2009
That I cannot answer the question now doesn't mean it won't be found tomorrow. I'm sure moses was oblivious of that 2nd law of thermodynamics you made mention of during his time. Besides, why are you haranguinig me about TOE, is it my father who made the postulation?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Bobbyaf(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2009
Anyway I hear you loud and clear. Have to get some shut eye now. Lata,
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2009
We're past mid day here. . .sleep tight man.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2009
Tudór:

That I cannot answer the question now doesn't mean it won't be found tomorrow.[b] I'm sure moses was oblivious of that 2nd law of thermodynamics [/b]you made mention of during his time. Besides, why are you haranguinig me about TOE, is it my father who made the postulation?

blah blah blah. , , . moses was not a LYING evolutionist. . , . . .or was he?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2009
noetic2:

blah blah blah. ,  ,  . moses was not a LYING evolutionist. . ,  . . .or was he?
Who cares? The keyword is LYING and moses was a LIAR, wasn't he?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2009
what lie did he tell?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2009
Basically everything from his mouth were all lies, weren't they?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by mazaje(m): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2009
Does neotic have any evidence to show that moses wrote the book of genesis. . . ?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by budaatum: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
I very much want to stick to the question posed in the heading of this thread but first have to divert somewhat and say nasty things to you atheists.

You suck! And you show extreme levels of ignorance. And you have no 'Christ' (read 'love', if you may) for others! How else could it be that you would harangue a person who shows their limitation of knowledge and has only read one single book, especially if such people live in societies where one single book is all they have been encouraged to read? You bloody atheist, so called "Mr and Mrs Read More Than One Single Book"! Have you not read it written that "One must forgive those who know not what it is that they say", or "do"? If it is true that your brain is washed much better than those who have not washed theirs at all, then let it show, please!

Now, back to the question:
Tudór:
If I knew the answer to you question i'd be king of the world. . .
I agree! And not knowing does not mean that one has to then make it up. Though, societally, one must understand the reason why origin myths are made up. Even science does that. It may know that things change (evolve) over time, but for science to claim to know how it all began is false. It does not. And any scientific theory put forward for how it began is just that - a theory, and no different to that which one reads "In The beginning". That myth and scientific theory have much in common is not what people on either side would agree, after all, my God (or way of seeing things) has to be superior to yours. Did I hear someone call me stupid? I will agree!

What evidence can show (suggest, would be more accurate), is the age of the earth. The oldest minerals found in it are said to be 4.404 billion years old (+/- 1%). Of course, if I were to accept some book as being infallible I would say bollocks; after all, my Book says "let there be" was said on the October 23, 4004 BC, some 6013 years ago. And if this is what I chose to believe, how can anything pre-exist this date? I however ought to note though that no matter how much I insist a thing to be so does not make it so, and if I were to ignore all opposing evidence, well more knowledgeable people should get to say to themselves, "let us forgive buda, for he has not got a clue!" Or if they are atheists like some of you are, I guess it will be, "buda! You are stupid!" But the way I see it is the more ignorant amongst are those who would go further than put their own view across and insist that their myth, or scientific theory, is truer.

I guess it must be understood that in my ignorance, I have much more to lose if my own belief is not accepted by those who would oppose mine than the mere correction of my error. My belief is knowledge ordained unto me by the Almighty, I would have you know, and God's word is infallible. If what my God says is not true, then even my God would have to be untrue! Forget that some people came to my nation to tell me my own ideology is false and theirs is superior just before they enslaved my thinking with their own. Its not as if they said and did all this for their own good. They did it to force my hell bound soul into heaven where they had determined that it belonged. What I haven't yet figured out is how being shipped thousand of miles across the God created seas, chained in the hold of their ships, to work on their land with next to no benefits or remuneration, had my mothers and sisters raped, and all of us sold off to the next slavemaster whenever it suited them fits into the wordings of the so called infallible God written book or into the whole scheme of things. But I guess like my ignorance about the creation of the earth, some things are beyond knowledge, or rather, my knowledge! The evidence is out there though, and as is written, the truth will set one free. So seek it, I say.

As to you atheists!!! One must forgive those who know not what it is that they are saying. Believe me, some people are burning in hell already.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Atheists: 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2009
For us to understand how life began we have to understand how amino acids the building blocks of life as we know it were formed. I would urge you to watch this clip from Carl Sagan's cosmos series :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzx6C4irsI
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2009
Tudór:

Basically everything from his mouth were all lies, weren't they?

what lies did moses tell?

mazaje:

Does neotic have any evidence to show that moses wrote the book of genesis. . . ?

is there any reason to believe otherwise?
why not answer the thread topic? how did life begin?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2009
For us to understand how life began we have to understand how amino acids the building blocks of life as we know it were formed.

Yet we know that amino acids could not have been made without DNA, as well as RNA. With the level of structure that exists within the DNA molecule, one wonders if in the very first primitive cell according to the TOE, that chance alone could have assembled such order and symmetry.

The very structure of a protein molecule itself, in its simplest of forms is so damn complex that one really wonders about primitive elements coming together by chance to form them. Protein folding alone is enough to baffle today's scientists, which in itself involves an array of other cellular mechanisms that cannot operate by chance. It is becoming more and more obvious that cells seem to be programmed.

The question is what or who programmed them.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
why not answer the thread topic? how did life begin?

I am not sure they have an answer. They know they can no longer rely on the TOE which is becoming a laughing stock among its former advocates. If you read some of the original articles put together by the original converts of the TOE, and even those who taught it, you will realize the clauses that were placed in the articles or books themselves.

You begin to understand the kind of deception that these people are capable of producing. The more they dig into the truths of science, the more they discover that the TOE is the biggest lie that was ever made up, and this lie was covered up using so-called science.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Yet we know that amino acids could not have been made without DNA, as well as RNA.
This is a DAMN LIE. . .try again!
With the level of structure that exists within the DNA molecule, one wonders if in the very first primitive cell according to the TOE, that chance alone could have assembled such order and symmetry.

The very structure of a protein molecule itself, in its simplest of forms is so damn complex that one really wonders about primitive elements coming together by chance to form them. Protein folding alone is enough to baffle today's scientists, which in itself involves an array of other cellular mechanisms that cannot operate by chance. It is becoming more and more obvious that cells seem to be programmed.

The question is what or who programmed them.
That we have complexity DEFINATELY means is programmed?
What a disgusting joke!
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Tudor6(f): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2009
Bobbyaf:

I am not sure they have an answer.
Do you have the answer?
They know they can no longer rely on the TOE which is becoming a laughing stock among its former advocates. If you read some of the original articles put together by the original converts of the TOE, and even those who taught it, you will realize the clauses that were placed in the articles or books themselves.

You begin to understand the kind of deception that these people are capable of producing. The more they dig into the truths of science, the more they discover that the TOE is the biggest lie that was ever made up, and this lie was covered up using so-called science.
Yeah right. . . .this is what you tell yourself to enforce the lie in genesis on your mind even though you know its false. . .keep on deluding yourself.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Atheists: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2009
Yet we know that amino acids could not have been made without DNA, as well as RNA

Talk about jaw dropping ignorance ! DNA is made of amino acids. That is why l called amino acids the building blocks of life. Now wonder why my engineering prof always said if science is too hard for you try religion grin
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by DeepSight(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
As you posit that the first microscopic life form must have arisen from some pre-biotic soup, can you please tie that in with Loius Pastuer's experiments which showed that life can only come from pre-existing life?

You atheists make the religious fanatics look brilliant, cos you never advance any thoughts of your own, you ONLY seek to discredit the thoughts of others.

That's not very original.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by huxley(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

As you posit that the first microscopic life form must have arisen from some pre-biotic soup, can you please tie that in with Loius Pastuer's experiments which showed that life can only come from pre-existing life?

You atheists make the religious fanatics look brilliant, cos you never advance any thoughts of your own, you ONLY seek to discredit the thoughts of others.

That's not very original.

This is utter nonsense. When did this ever become a competition for originality?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2009
Bobbyaf:

I am not sure they have an answer. They know they can no longer rely on the TOE which is becoming a laughing stock among its former advocates. If you read some of the original articles put together by the original converts of the TOE, and even those who taught it, you will realize the clauses that were placed in the articles or books themselves.

They (evolutionists) like every one else agree that TOE is false and unprovable. They have repeatedly made concessions in agreeing that creationism is true.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Atheists: 12:28am On Sep 22, 2009

We are not delusional so don't expect us to come with some crackpot theory about how life evolved on earth. In science l trust !
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 12:40am On Sep 22, 2009
Atheists:

We are not delusional so don't expect us to come with some crackpot theory about how life evolved on earth. In science l trust !

do u kwow how IGNORANT science is?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Atheists: 2:36am On Sep 22, 2009

Should l cry or should l laugh ? What kind of disgusting joke is this ?
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by mazaje(m): 3:29am On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

grin grin grin. . .I laugh in greek. . .religious dogma is a very bad thing. . .Thanks to science we know that disease are caused by micro organisms not by demons and evil spirits as your ignorant bible writers said. . .
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 4:13am On Sep 22, 2009
Atheists:

Should l cry or should l laugh ? What kind of disgusting joke is this ?

you should be more concerned with ur intellectual handicap
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 4:14am On Sep 22, 2009
mazaje:

grin grin grin. . .I laugh in greek. . .religious dogma is a very bad thing. . .Thanks to science we know that disease are caused by micro organisms not by demons and evil spirits as your ignorant bible writers said. . .

just like science said the earth was flat. . .we know better.

erm. . . , what is science?, ,, , , , If I may ask, . .
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:25am On Sep 22, 2009

No! No! Noetic. Remember science put simply, is a body of derived and acceptable knowledge. Something is either a fact or it is not, but to derive at such, a series of investigations have to be done in order to verify such.

However the data put forth by the advocates of the TOE are mere assumptive in nature. They themselves have been saying that science has proven this or that, when in actuality its just plain theory, and one that will never be proven correct.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Atheists: 4:30am On Sep 22, 2009
just like science said the earth was flat. . .we know better.

erm. . . , what is science?, ,, , , , If I may ask, . .

Comments like these make me cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by noetic2: 4:59am On Sep 22, 2009
Bobbyaf:

No! No! Noetic. Remember science put simply, is a body of derived and acceptable knowledge. Something is either a fact or it is not, but to derive at such, a series of investigations have to be done in order to verify such.

I concur.

what I do despise is the attempt by anyone to hide under the cloud of science as an alternative to God. Science is a trial and error mechanism through which human knowledge is harnessed. . . its not a dogmatic pillar any anti-Christ can hold on to.

However the data put forth by the advocates of the TOE are mere assumptive in nature. They themselves have been saying that science has proven this or that, when in actuality its just plain theory, and one that will never be proven correct.

simply put. . TOE is FALSE.
Re: How Did Life Really Start? by Atheists: 5:14am On Sep 22, 2009

So the DNA evidence which has backed up the theory of evolution is false ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know That It Is Biblical To Call A Woman A B-i-t-c-h ? / Is It A Sin For A Lady To Wear G-string To Church? / The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.