Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession (19542 Views)

Economic Recession: Nigerian Banks Prosper While Nigerians Groan / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / Nigeria’s Economic Recession May Last 20 Years – Jimoh Ibrahim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by tushbobo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
A Jew once said Africa is poor because money doesn't stay within the black race. Blacks directly and indirectly send their money to foreign lands and borrow same from the beneficiaries.
Jewish money circulates within their race before leaving for necessary reasons to another race. It's basic but make a lot of difference.
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by SYINIX: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
You can invest in Syinix Home Appliances/Electronics with good whole and retail margin ,excellent quality and good after sales service

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by Luizkid(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
Landloard01:
Nigerians face several conditions today that are sending many to food banks and soup kitchens for the first time in their lives, simply because they can't afford both food for their families and the costs of living in the modern world. Obviously, if you can't change the economy, you must learn to change your economy. To survive today, do the following...

1, Start Living Frugally

There are some things that are necessary but not important. Some are so important, but not necessary... If you say yes, sometimes your bank account must learn to say NO... For example, if the super-stores are getting tougher, switch to a lower shop down the road, or the local kiosk owners...

2, Can You Bring Home More Income?

Most of us are crying on spending alone without thinking on how to take the advantages of tough situations...we should also consider additional ways that can start bringing in more money, residually. For those of us who spend a lot of time on social media, e.g Nairaland, here's an opportunity to build a business, meet with reasonable people... talk less on politics, explore the business forum and stay abreast with the world. Majority of us here are victims of this... will never want check into a forum that is non celebrity, romance, or politics..

3. Stop Going Out

We must be willing to make sacrifices...For some of us, this is like the world coming to an end. But really there is life outside of the social scene, the weekend bars and nightclubs or restaurant outings that drain wallet's, including those ladies who are predators.. chose a new hubby and redirect your energy to the opposite. Cut costs and look back again each time your wallet says no

4 Pack the SUV

Every day I see people in my area jumping in their vehicles and heading off to work -- 20 to 30 miles away I'm sure for many of them actually wants to be bossy and look keeping up with the Joneses.. Take public cabs and cut cost. I know this might sound low to your reputation but sincerely most of the filling stations are not funny today. Try this for a month and compare it to when you drive down to work in your own car, you'll discover that you're really spending large amounts of money annually on transportation on private cars than the cabs.

5 Stop Spending Money

STOP -- don't reach for the phone and call the first person that comes to mind. Communications must be done with reasons... Calls is a spirit not a duty. Phones are meant for emergencies and nothing more. This is the obvious step to take. Often though we simply can't stop spending money. There's always something else that pops up. Especially with families. But look what happens when you simply run out of money. You stop spending. Purchases you felt compelled to make suddenly get delayed or put off or forgotten completely. And the world still goes around. You wake up to see another day. The world hasn't come to an end simply because you're broke that day and have no money to spend.

6. Stop Complaining
Everybody can be a CEO. Get engaged into something profitable. Engagement bypasses pessimism, says saggerston... Roll up your sleeves, stand up, explore for an idea, be it business or where you can be an apprentice, irrespective of your graduate qualifications... With time, when you do what you love, you will love what you do
Back to my business..... The little I know
u should have just created a new thread, ur comments are wat i expected 2 see when i clickd

1 Like

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by donhils: 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
Landloard01:
Nigerians face several conditions today that are sending many to food banks and soup kitchens for the first time in their lives, simply because they can't afford both food for their families and the costs of living in the modern world. Obviously, if you can't change the economy, you must learn to change your economy. To survive today, do the following...

1, Start Living Frugally

There are some things that are necessary but not important. Some are so important, but not necessary... If you say yes, sometimes your bank account must learn to say NO... For example, if the super-stores are getting tougher, switch to a lower shop down the road, or the local kiosk owners...

Most of us are crying on spending alone without thinking on how to take the advantages of tough situations...we should also consider additional ways that can start bringing in more money, residually. For those of us who spend a lot of time on social media, e.g Nairaland, here's an opportunity to build a business, meet with reasonable people... talk less on politics, explore the business forum and stay abreast with the world. Majority of us here are victims of this... will never want check into a forum that is non celebrity, romance, or politics..

3. Stop Going Out

We must be willing to make sacrifices...For some of us, this is like the world coming to an end. But really there is life outside of the social scene, the weekend bars and nightclubs or restaurant outings that drain wallet's, including those ladies who are predators.. chose a new hubby and redirect your energy to the opposite. Cut costs and look back again each time your wallet says no

4 Pack the SUV

Every day I see people in my area jumping in their vehicles and heading off to work -- 20 to 30 miles away I'm sure for many of them actually wants to be bossy and look keeping up with the Joneses.. Take public cabs and cut cost. I know this might sound low to your reputation but sincerely most of the filling stations are not funny today. Try this for a month and compare it to when you drive down to work in your own car, you'll discover that you're really spending large amounts of money annually on transportation on private cars than the cabs.

5 Stop Spending Money

STOP -- don't reach for the phone and call the first person that comes to mind. Communications must be done with reasons... Calls is a spirit not a duty. Phones are meant for emergencies and nothing more. This is the obvious step to take. Often though we simply can't stop spending money. There's always something else that pops up. Especially with families. But look what happens when you simply run out of money. You stop spending. Purchases you felt compelled to make suddenly get delayed or put off or forgotten completely. And the world still goes around. You wake up to see another day. The world hasn't come to an end simply because you're broke that day and have no money to spend.

6. Stop Complaining
Everybody can be a CEO. Get engaged into something profitable. Engagement bypasses pessimism, says saggerston... Roll up your sleeves, stand up, explore for an idea, be it business or where you can be an apprentice, irrespective of your graduate qualifications... With time, when you do what you love, you will love what you do
This makes more brain.

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by endove(f): 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Doesn't make sense to me.
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by NovusHomo(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
Let members of your extended family solve their own problems. Let each person take care of their own children. They have no right to make children in the hope that others will take care of those; and it is not your responsibility to do so. There are lessons to be learned in these difficult times.
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by endove(f): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Landloard01:

1, Start Living Frugally

3. Stop Going Out

4 Pack the SUV

5 Stop Spending Money

6. Stop Complaining
makes sense..

Tnx man

1 Like

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by Mattex001(m): 1:14am On Aug 04, 2016
In Summary he's trying to say we should look out for least cost alternatives or best ways to minimize cost as you go about your daily routines

Think like there is no box, identity opportunities around you and leverage on them, to make an ends

Anticipating for Solutions to problems

Observe the movement and cash flow quadrant of the economy and don't hesitate to join the band wagon

Don't forget to save for tomorrow, time will not tell it is the investment in time that will tell

Pray to God for directions and be upright!

God bless us!

1 Like

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
I believe in multiple streams of income.

My custom is to start one new business every year.

The average millionaire has seven streams of income and is looking to add another one..

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by Landloard01(m): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
endove:
makes sense..

Tnx man
thanks. cool You're welcome.
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by Landloard01(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
donhils:

This makes more brain.
Thanks.. Bless you. The country is not funny anymore
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by leksmedia: 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
Tips to survive economic recession
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by Me4sure: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
In Midas Initiative we help Investors take advantage of our Agro-Business opportunities where we bring people together to become giants in Agriculture. Join Midas Today - Lease or Buy land for agricultural purpose and we take care of your investment while you work.
OUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Land leasing and Purchase
Land clearing
Purchase of produce and products for farming or animal husbandry
Building of structures (animals, storage etc)
Seedlings and Planting
Management
Perimeter fencing with named plant
Small signage on your farm
Motor-able path to your farm
Marketing arrangement (optional)
Etc.
For More Info – Call 08091490783 or 08149449140
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by leksmedia: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2016
Reccession is supposed to open our eyes to bigger opportunities
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by WebclickNG: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2016
The Nigeria Recession Survival Group is a Facebook support group to help individuals and small business owners to survive the current recession in Nigeria. Join us now @ https://www./NigeriaRecessionSurvival/
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by jamorbizventure: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
Buying fingerlings and rearing them to table size for sale is PROFITABLE but hatching it yourself and rearing to table size for sale is SUPER PROFITABLE.At Jamor fisheries limited,we teach how to hatch in two days. Days of workshop are last Saturday and Sunday of every month and below are what you will benefit from the seminal:
1. You will be taught how to hatch catfish
2. You will be taught how to raise hatched catfish to table size
3. We will provide you with contact for you to sell your fish as soon as you start your business on your own
4.Free manual on hatching and care of catfish from fries to table size.
5. Free Video on hatching and care of catfish from fries to table size.
6.A portion of the newly hatched fingerlings shall be given to your to start your own business
7.Free consultancy service shall be given to you as soon as you start your own catfish business.
we can be reached on 0*8*1*3*7*3*6*8*1*5*1 and 0*8*1*4*6*4*1*8*4*4*0

Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by leksmedia: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2017
We will survive
Re: How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession by tck2000(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
Great advice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easiest Method Of Bread And Bakery Business(free Info) / Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Requirements For Incorporating A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.