Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

What Happened Today In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happened Today In An Interview (2561 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview / What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview / A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Someone was interviewing his applicant today in Lagos and he said "I am reluctant to employ you because I feel your IQ is low" Girl: " Sir, What is IQ?"
The bottomline is : This just proves our youths don't study at all. What you see them do is chat on social network watch Zee world or home videos and yet you want a good job. Its a pity!

3 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by ITbomb(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
That's what happens when you concentrate only on paper qualifications to call for interview

4 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by raysnabs: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Davidairmarshal:
Someone was interviewing his
applicant today in Lagos and he said
"I am reluctant to employ you because
I feel your IQ is low"
Girl: " Sir, What is IQ?"

The bottomline is : This just proves our youths don't study
at all. What you see them do is chat on
social network watch Zee world or home
videos and yet you want a good job. Its
a pity!

Na lie i refuse to bliv dis ... what a joke

1 Like

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Benjom(m): 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lol... @ Zee World. Ladies and that channel are inseparable.
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by addictedwriter(m): 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
What an irony...if this is true. But then I keep saying something, I know what I am capable of bringing to any organisation, yet am never given an opportunity to showcase it, when Nigeria employment system focuses on Grades, ages and not cogent intellectual skills. Shame!!

1 Like

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
If I was that girl I would have insulted his life. HR peeps take advantage of youths.

You go for interview and they make you wait for like 5-6hours. Very wicked set of people.

6 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nelito1472: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
addictedwriter:
What an irony...if this is true. But then I keep saying something, I know what I am capable of bringing to any organisation, yet am never given an opportunity to showcase it, when Nigeria employment system focuses on Grades, ages and not cogent intellectual skills. Shame!!

Especially the first class graduate in private universities who has nothing to offer.
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by harsysky(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
I believe the best way to learn is to ask questions. She asked a simple question of what she did not know , does that make our youths silly? Let's not assume every one must know every thing. I like her jaree; she's got guts and should be hired if she was in the marketing line.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by knxo: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by kayStelly(f): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Why you dey lie like this na Devil must really be afraid of you :/D
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Buhahahahahah
So ironically funny undecided
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Optimusprime(m): 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
harsysky:
I believe the best way to learn is to ask questions. She asked a simple question of what she did not know , does that make our youths silly? Let's not assume every one must know every thing. I like her jaree; she's got guts and should be hired if she was in the marketing line.
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by akinyeleaa: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nelito1472:

Especially the first class graduate in private universities who has nothing to offer.
So, na only private university graduates dey flop for interviews abi? Dey there.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Daniel058(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
AntigeomographicationalisM
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nelito1472:

Especially the first class graduate graduates in private universities who has have nothing to offer.

I could as well say from the way you write you have nothing to offer. Stop being too judgemental especially when you ain't perfect either.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by lamideee(f): 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nelito1472:

I just look at people with the kind of mentality you have. I can bet my life on it that the first class graduates in private university read like those in public university. I know people that finished from private university with 1st class and r the true definition of 'Efiwe'. So if u have nothing meaningful to say just keep shut

2 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
lamideee:
I just look at people with the kind of mentality you have. I can bet my life on it that the first class graduates in private university read like those in public university. I know people that finished from private university with 1st class and r the true definition of 'Efiwe'. So if u have nothing meaningful to say just keep shut

No offense but most 1st class graduates from private universities can't compete with federal and state universities.

Reasons:

1). No competition in Class
2). They have all the resources handed to them while in federal and state universities you work extra hard to get resources.
3). They have very influential parents.

If you put a 1st class graduate from private universities in federal and state universities they won't even make 2:1.

Corruption is eating up federal and state universities if not it is the best.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by lamideee(f): 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Maxineng:

No offense but most 1st class graduates from private universities can't compete with federal and state universities.

Reasons:

2). They have all the resources handed to them while in federal and state universities you work extra hard to get resources.

If you put a 1st class graduate from private universities in federal and state universities they won't even make 2:1.

I have my reasons for saying that. I know two siblings that graduated 4rm private Uni,u would always see one with her books and the other hardly read,even lecturers testified that she is a genius. The 100L result of the one that didn't study hard was so bad,and the same thing happened in the 2nd year. It was when their dad told him he won't pay his fees again that he sits tight. So I believe if u read hard you can also graduate with a 1st class afterall 1st class students/graduates don't have two heads.
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by lamideee(f): 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Maxineng:

Reasons:

I have my reasons for saying that. I know two siblings that graduated 4rm private Uni,u would always see one with her books and the other hardly read,even lecturers testified that she is a genius. The 100L result of the one that didn't study hard was so bad,and the same thing happened in the 2nd year. It was when their dad told him he won't pay his fees again that he sits tight. So I believe if u read hard you can also graduate with a 1st class afterall 1st class students/graduates don't have two heads. You said they have all resources given to them,na their money dey talk now. FYI not all the parents are influential,@times the students in private do help their friends pay their fees.
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
lalasticala
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Tobbey(m): 1:08am On Aug 04, 2016
WOW
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by sammily(m): 7:06am On Aug 04, 2016
Maxineng:
If I was that girl I would have insulted his life. HR peeps take advantage of youths.

You go for interview and they make you wait for like 5-6hours. Very wicked set of people.

The waiting game sometimes is actually part of the interview process. I've once gone for an interview that was slated for 9am but they let us wait till 7pm before it commenced. By then many have already left because they were impatient or thought it will not hold again. We that waited did the interview and many of us got the job. It was later we knew that it was part of the interview process even though it was quite tiring and frustrating, I had to play their game, na me dey look for job grin

That was my first job after service.
Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 04, 2016
sammily:

The waiting game sometimes is actually part of the interview process. I've once gone for an interview that was slated for 9am but they let us wait till 7pm before it commenced. By then many have already left because they were impatient or thought it will not hold again. We that waited did the interview and many of us got the job. It was later we knew that it was part of the interview process even though it was quite tiring and frustrating, I had to play their game, na me dey look for job grin

That was my first job after service.

Graduates we really do not know how value. To you wasting peoples time is a test?. Even Cameroon such wont happen. At the end all they have to offer is 30k.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2016
addictedwriter:
this thing is simple. there's a set standard for employment in Nigeria and we all know it's by good grades. someone with a congent intellectual skill and one with good IQ, shouldn't ve any problem getting a good grade. simple

1 Like

Re: What Happened Today In An Interview by akinyeleaa: 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
Maxineng:

Reasons:

iIF YOU PUT A 1ST CLASS GRADUATE FROM PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN FEDERAL AND STATE UNIVERSITIES THEY WON'T EVEN MAKE 2. 1

Dey there make shoe dey wear you.
If you reach interview, tell HR say na Fed. University you go ehn.
Just because you probably didn't have the chance to attend a private university doesn't mean you should rubbish them.
Some of us who attended such probably even had better WAEC and JAMB results than Federal students.

Jeez, this everyday beef for Private universities is just nauseating

(1) (Reply)

Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited Recruitment For Graduates / Job Vacancy For Female Customer Service Officer In Agege, Lagos / Graduate Trainee @ Rocad Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.