Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview (18364 Views)

What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / How To Answer The "What Are Your Greatest Strengths?" Question In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Zimri(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
"If your students ask you a question you're unable to give an answer/answers to in a class. What will you do?

Your interviewers ask you this question as a teacher. What should be your answer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by TIMKIZZ(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
i will give the question back as assignment nd i will go home nd do my findings period

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Zimri(m): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
TIMKIZZ:
i will give the question back as assignment nd i will go home nd do my findings period

Even if you're not able to get a solution to it after making your research.
This is possible in mathematics I'm just saying

5 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by olafunny(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2018
I'd simply tell such student that I'll provide the answer to the question before leaving the class. Then keep them busy with some kind of class work or group discussion, while i use my phone or textbook to search for the answer 'codedly'. Once i got the answer, I'd give it cool

19 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by abumeinben(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2018
Simple.

"If" I were the teacher bah?

I don't have the info for your question presently, I'll provide that as soon as I get it. By the way, thanks for the challenge, keep them coming. Shows you're learning faster than I thought. grin

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Iamdmentor1(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2018
Depends on the class. In my language course class where I teach German; some B2 students ask questions like what does this word mean or how can one say this in German/English. I ask the class to do it as classwork or check their dictionary. While they're on it, I do my research.

It's a learning environment. None is perfect

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by tollyboy5(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2018
Simple take it as your assignment wink
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Brightgem(f): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2018
Post says "how would you answer this Interview question" Where is the question? Wakanda post is this?

6 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by saxwizard(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2018
this is Nigeria jor....

just tell them we are all learning.. i would tell everybody to go work on it
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by AfonjaBoston: 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
I will tell them to "shut their dirty mouths up. the question is not for their level they should concentrate on what is in their syllabus and quit acting like Mr Columbus the voyager"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by olafunny(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
TIMKIZZ:
back to sender?

9 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Freestainworld(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
I will consult our village Oracle, oshomole☺
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Newpride(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
Make the question an assignment for everybody.

The teacher can apply knowledge by saying it jokingly that he too doesn’t know the answer that he will also join them in search for the answer.

Nobody is an embodiment of knowledge and nobody has the monopoly of knowledge.

6 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by mikebrown92: 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
Zimri:

Even if you're not able to get a solution to it after making your research.
This is possible in mathematics I'm just saying

will get some1 to solve n teach me den go back to my students to impact d knowledge

even teachers don't knw all, aren't they humans?

1 Like

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by brightgreat(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2018
please stop confusing someone.....tell us what the question is/was
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by ikept(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2018
I'll simply tell that the answer to his questions is for an advanced course, which I can show him privately. I'll then encourage him to remind me about it later.

1 Like

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by d33types: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2018
Students used to hold their teachers in high esteem and regards during my time. I don't know of today.

I'd prefer not to tell them I don't know it because it will reduce the confidence they had in me.i'll tell them it's not for their level then later bring it up when I'm knowledgeable enough.

As a teacher, your students should have confidence in you else you'll find it difficult to impact knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by ultiabaz36(m): 8:08am On Jul 11, 2018
I had this issue that time when I was a teacher. A student ask this terrible question that seemed tough but me a teacher that always think ahead of my class cos I know the calibre of students I am dealing with. What I did was that, I told that student to ask that question again in order to get it clearly and when he asked again. I throw the to the entire class while within myself, I was thinking of the way to go about it...

But sha, God gave that wisdom to me throw it to the class and I was able to deduced one or two things from the class response because I know clearly that the students must have discussed that question among themselves before he asked. So, I use their response to form my answer and I was able to be above my class.

Teaching is not an easy job o... At times, I just think why the low esteem towards teaching. It is a grate profession that one needs to be updated.

I love teaching tho but the pay majorly discourage me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2018
OP, I guess you went for an interview and that question was thrown at you but you aren't sure if you gave a good answer.

Use the old style of giving the said question as an assignment to the students. You go and make your research against the next class. But don't insult or flog the teacher as some teachers do.

When I was in the university, a lecturer (Professor) was teaching us a topic on greenhouse gasses and I asked him a thought provoking question and he got annoyed because probably he felt slighted because he didn't know the answer. Needless to say that it affected my result in that course, though I passed. Most of them still read books of 1980's. Education is in a digital age.
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Popularity(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2018
As for me, I will tell them, the question is part of what we are treating next class so we don't need to waste much time discussing it, so u students should take it home as assignment and submit it before next class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by mokt(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2018
I'll stop the student from asking questions next time, better still ill ban the student from my classes

1 Like

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by milemimi93(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2018
Zimri:
"If your students ask you a question you're unable to give an answer/answers to in a class. What will you do?

Your interviewers ask you this question as a teacher. What should be your answer?

lalasticlala Mynd44 dominique

90% of students believe their teachers know everything.
Thus;
"WHATEVER A TEACHER SAYS OR DO IS RIGHT"

This is always their mentality.

The believe so much in their teachers than even their parents.

I remember when my cousin was given an assignment and he brought to me to assist.

I used a different method to solve the mathematical problems the lil boy told me "No! My teacher did not do it like this" even while I got the answers correct. The boy wasn't convinced enough since I wasn't using his teacher's method.

"MY TEACHER SAYS THINGS ARE DONE OR NOT DONE LIKE THIS" is always his slogan.

Meaning this students have confidence in their teachers and they believed their teachers know everything.

If this kind of student walks up to you as a teacher and ask you a question(s) and you tell him/her that you don't have answer(s) to such question(s), instantly the student will lose his/her confidence in you.

It might affect him/her psychologically.

The best thing to do is,

Tell the student you are busy that you will give answer(s) to his/her question(s) later.

When the student leaves your presence, make research about that question(s) and once you got the answer(s), call him/her up and give the answer(s).

Once you do this, you've just added another feather to your shoulders (you have earn your respect from the student).

5 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by chally4real(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2018
its simple.....
i will tell them or the student that before leaving the class or at the end of the class, we will look into it...for now lets not derail from todays topic to avoid getting mixedup or confused...

so while d class is on,..will quickly do my research...

1 Like

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by leonard002(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2018
You simply let them know that you'll get back to them when you find a solution. Nothing to feel embarrassed about. No one's a well of knowledge!
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by jeremiah123: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2018
If anyone tells u he knows everything he lies, only God knows everything. So tell ur students u don't know the answer that u will get back to him. Simple as ABC. I have done that a thousand times but i always come back with the answer later
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by mespusinglez(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2018
Remind me that in our next class. Simple and i'll be ready before then
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by playmaker10: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2018
abumeinben:
Simple.

"If" I were the teacher bah?

I don't have the info for your question presently, I'll provide that as soon as I get it. By the way, thanks for the challenge, keep them coming. Shows you're learning faster than I thought. grin

genius think they don't lie.. you good man
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by lowaist101: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2018
Zimri:

lalasticlala Mynd44 dominique

That is a very good question but i want all of you to go home and research on it. There is more to that question and i will shed more light in the next class. I will write the question on the board and underline the key words

2 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Aboguede(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2018
If u can't answer a question u are supposed to, u lost the job. It mean u don't know ur onion in the supposed field
Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by Gbelex(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2018
TIMKIZZ:

Such happened to me during NYSC,i told d the student I don't know but I told them we shud both go luk for the answer before the next class

4 Likes

Re: What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview by godwinelijah(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2018
I'll tell him/her to write it down and bring it to my desk after the present lesson.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SAF (sterling Bank Alternative Finance) Graduate Trainee Program 2020 / How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts / NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.