Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop (30173 Views)

Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave / I Failed The Interview, But Still Got The Job! / A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Magally: 8:50pm On May 13, 2017
Good day Friend... The hunt for job in Nigeria is really bad, I meet a colleague at the interview today.. He told me he came all the way from Abuja and he borrowed transport fare. He got a text and researched on the website...

To be sincere the website was very catchy... Well designed. That was Wat attracted many of us.. Lol and behold we went to the office address, this was what we saw.... Chaii.. Life risked, money spent, in fact he borrowed money.. He told me.... I felt his pain cos I reside in Lagos...

Imagine from Abuja... I spoke with others they came from the east, Ibadan etc.. Pls let be wise wen we get job interview invite and I think job blog should screen organization they post for before posting there advert.... So sad.. Just see

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by talk2alabama: 8:53pm On May 13, 2017
Same thing that happened when a friend of mine applied for this job advert...she went to the place and it was an uncompleted building...

But some people won't listen. When you advise them they think you are lying.. Job seekers beware...

This is the thread...

https://www.nairaland.com/3778624/media-job-female-personal-assistant#56476316

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 13, 2017
The shop owner better be ready to employ me and pay a minimum salary of a 100k or I will break every damn ass thing I can lay my hands on in that shop! angry

By the way, sounds like Op is confused. Shey na you or your friend the thing happen to? undecided

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Nobody: 12:05am On May 14, 2017
Office: PLACE OR ROOM WHERE ADMINISTRATIVE WORK IS DONE.

Does the above take place there? If Yes, then it is an office.

I guess he was expecting to see Trump Tower, with him working on the highest floor, all dressed in his fancy suit _using the elevator/escalator everyday. Ntorr tongue tongue

He should be more concerned if they're are generating money there, enough to pay him 'handsomely'.

Sorry though, I understand his pain. Personally, I won't go that distance for a one-branch-organization interview.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by hayotundeh: 12:14am On May 14, 2017
My advice:once u get job invites for interview, use google and LinkedIn to be double sure....these would save aspiring applicants stress in terms of what the company is about and travelling down for the interview.may we all succeed as we continue d search .amen

7 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by duduade: 1:55am On May 14, 2017
LastMumu:
The shop owner better be ready to employ me and pay a minimum salary of a 100k or I will break every damn ass thing I can lay my hands on in that shop! angry

By the way, sounds like Op is confused. Shey na you or your friend the thing happen to? undecided

Both of them

1 Like

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Adeoba10(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2017
One eleribu lady was sharing all this trash with Job vacancy of about 75k/months,i looked at her, she was sad, dejected, moody as if someone forced her to share it... Her dressing sef was like merlin custom, her slippers nko, na no go area... I walked up to her n said, Why can't your apply for this job you are advertising and change your status.... She just look me as if i shit for body, mesef wey b say na last 200naira dey my pocket, i just use style collect d trash....

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by emeijeh(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2017
Is that not Zenith bank entrance i see there?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Miraxzeebility(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2017

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by BrutalJab: 4:34pm On May 14, 2017
A friend or YOU went for the shitty interview

So what do you want us to help you and do now?
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by kullozone(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2017
Lmao
Is it a barbing saloon?

12 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by babyfaceafrica: 4:34pm On May 14, 2017
Wicked people everywhere
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by RealDannie(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2017
Job hunting gone wrong! grin

Sorry OP, I feel ur pain!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Bigsteveg(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2017
The struggle is real. GOD help us

1 Like

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by anochuko01(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2017
OMG!!! LeediaLee ma, you're such a GIANT ma!
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by smartty68(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2017
See the protector with big padlock and them tear carton wey carry zenith name on top take shade the view!

This one should be called Zenith Kios shop minimart grin

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by teamsynergy: 4:38pm On May 14, 2017
its really sad how this country has degraded... its obviously to big for our visionless leaders to fix.. opportunist are everywhere preying on job seekers

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 14, 2017
maybe its a shop attendant post!!
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by dangotesmummy: 4:39pm On May 14, 2017
Leave there immediate if you don't feel good about the whole arrangement. It might be your instinct talking to you . Many times it's the ploy designed by ritualists and kidnappers to trap unsuspecting job seekers
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by laplace13: 4:39pm On May 14, 2017
If you don't live in Lagos don't search for job in Lagos. It is costly. You can't afford it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 14, 2017
PaperLace:
Office: PLACE OR ROOM WHERE ADMINISTRATIVE WORK IS DONE.

Does the above take place there? If Yes, then it is an office.

I guess he was expecting to see Trump Tower, with him working on the highest floor, all dressed in his fancy suit _using the elevator/escalator everyday. Ntorr tongue tongue

He should be more concerned if they're are generating money there, enough to pay him 'handsomely'.

Sorry though, I understand his pain. Personally, I won't go that distance for a one-branch-organization interview.
You nailed it, most Nigerian graduates think every job needs to have them looking like wall street bankers.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by myke92(m): 4:43pm On May 14, 2017
If u don't like it, don't go after it.
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 14, 2017
In my opinion, there are jobs everywhere in Nigeria, just that they are not well paying jobs. But don't blame employers blame the youths.
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by cloud7: 4:48pm On May 14, 2017
Laughing out so hard,Hey Guys! can't help but to share similar experience years back, a particular vacancy was advertised in one of the national dailies, they needed a graduate, I applied in person, lo and behold, the office was a shop, I summoned all courage to meet the owner, the man there and then conducted an interview for me and even congratulated me for having the courage to apply, I responded that I did so to justify the transportation I spent to get the place and to unmask the kind of business going on there that warranted them looking for graduates...Long story, cut short, the man made me his manager and gave me car with a driver...the job served its purpose within that material time till I got another job, sometimes, you don't judge a book by its cover....

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by PrinceFola(m): 4:48pm On May 14, 2017
Lmao!!! All the way from ABUJA? The matter weak me oo!
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by rheether(f): 4:49pm On May 14, 2017
I don't see any thing bad here

1 Like

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by SweetJoystick(m): 4:55pm On May 14, 2017
Terrible, anyway if it's a shop it doesn't really matter so long the advertised vacancy exists and the pay is ok.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by PresVA: 4:56pm On May 14, 2017
so because the organization seems small, they shouldn't post a job advert? ? undecided
Many big organizations even started like this...

it's unfortunate it didn't meet your friend's expectations. .. but the organization has done no bad.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by tijjanioyan: 4:58pm On May 14, 2017
Thank God i no dey seek job,na job dey seek me
Re: A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 14, 2017
What makes you think that company's turnover is not in hundreds of millions of dollars. Believe, anything is possible grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sustainable Development International Susdevi / What Is The Minimum Salary Scale Of A Graduate Who Joins The Police? / Lady Gets An Internship Placement In Deloitte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.