Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,186 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation (610 Views)

Yoruba Story Of Creation. Fact Or Fiction / Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement / The Story Of Melchizedek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation by 0ubenji(m): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
Genesis 1 vs 20 - 25 narrates the creation of all animals on earth before Man was eventually created in 'vs 26 - 27'

Genesis 2 vs 18 - 19 tells us otherwise, that Man was created 1st before all the animals on earth, with an emphasis on the fact that Adam actually named all the animals himself.

Is Moses, the acclaimed writer of Genesis(as they'd like us to bliv), confused?

OR

Is this an indication that the book of Genesis was crafted by more than 1 author?

Cc: malvisguy212
Re: A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation by malvisguy212: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
0ubenji:
Genesis 1 vs 20 - 25 narrates the creation of all animals on earth before Man was eventually created in 'vs 26 - 27'

Genesis 2 vs 18 - 19 tells us otherwise, that Man was created 1st before all the animals on earth, with an emphasis on the fact that Adam actually named all the animals himself.

Is Moses, the acclaimed writer of Genesis(as they'd like us to bliv), confused?

OR

Is this an indication that the book of Genesis was crafted by more than 1 author?

Cc: malvisguy212
Genesis 1 is the account of the creation of the universe and life on planet earth as it happened in chronological sequence. But Genesis 2 simply expend the explanation that occurred at the 6th day of creation. Genesis 1 did not give much detail in the creation of human other than man was created in the image of God.

Genesis 2 describes God's preparation of a specific location on earth (Eden) for habitation by the first human beings. Part of the confusion results from our English translations, which use the term "earth" when the Hebrew would better be translated "land."
Re: A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation by 0ubenji(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Genesis 1 is the account of the creation of the universe and life on planet earth as it happened in chronological sequence. But Genesis 2 simply expend the explanation that occurred at the 6th day of creation. Genesis 1 did not give much detail in the creation of human other than man was created in the image of God.

Genesis 2 describes God's preparation of a specific location on earth (Eden) for habitation by the first human beings. Part of the confusion results from our English translations, which use the term "earth" when the Hebrew would better be translated "land."
I appreciate ur attempt at an explanation, howbeit unsatisfactory..
Lemme hope som1 else amongst various viewers of this thread, Mans Up and attempt a logical explanation for this too
Re: A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation by EmperorLee(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Genesis Chapter 2 Vs 19 "Now the Lord God **had** formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name."

He HAD formed them before that moment, he only showed them to Adam for him to name the animals.
Re: A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation by 0ubenji(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2016
EmperorLee:
Genesis Chapter 2 Vs 19 "Now the Lord God **had** formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name."

He HAD formed them before that moment, he only showed them to Adam for him to name the animals.
I checked several translation versions, none used "HAD formed" aside NIV and NIRV...

All I need is a form of context that proves ur "he had formed"...
Kindly paste here, in verbatim, a bible translation that cited that "he HAD formed"..nd don't forget to provide the bible version u culled it from..
Let's keep in mind that "formed" & "had formed" are not the same..they imply different things with respect to the time being referenced.
Except u wanna tell me these bible translations disagree in their expressions of what they are meant to agree on.
Re: A Controversial Account On The Story Of Creation by promise10: 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
0ubenji:

I checked several translation versions, none used "HAD formed" aside NIV and NIRV...

All I need is a form of context that proves ur "he had formed"...
Kindly paste here, in verbatim, a bible translation that cited that "he HAD formed"..nd don't forget to provide the bible version u culled it from..
Let's keep in mind that "formed" & "had formed" are not the same..they imply different things with respect to the time being referenced.
Except u wanna tell me these bible translations disagree in their expressions of what they are meant to agree on.
Hahahahaha

I can see that this your post is ALREADY DEAD ON ARRIVAL, yet you are still trying to make it look relevant.

Sorry, it is well. Go find another thread to open!

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Wish To Turn Away From Sin And Embrace Jesus. Check Here / Comparison: Yahweh Of The Neanderthal Period Vs Bokoharam Of Homo Sapien Period / You Are Not Here By Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.