Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria (10990 Views)

Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports / Dangote To Build Cement Factory In Adamawa, Over 10,000 Jobs To Be Created / Coca-cola Phases Out Returnable Bottles! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by candylips(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2009
aysometin:

Nigeria??
Bad news everyday!!!
Can't remember the last time I heard any good news!! shocked cry cry

always bad news mate
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2009
Men! The situation is apalling,Nigeria is dying a slow and painful death,sadly,all we can do is sit and watch.Am realy tired of endlessly criticizing and looking for sb to put the blame on.Nigeria today is a product of our collective past mistakes,our fathers,mothers,brothers,uncle,Aunty,friend everyone of us is guilty of Nigeria's downfall,we can't wish it away by blaming only government without conciously purging ourselves of corruption,virtually every nigerian in and out of this country have indulge in corruption in one way or the directly or indirectly.What Nigeria lacks is political Will to change.I watched helplessly how normal Nigerians not the constantly bashed elite struggle very hard to rig the elections after collecting crumbs from politicians.I don't think Government is the main problems,Nigerians like me and U re this country's worst problem,these corrupt leaderz couldn't ve succeeded in thier corrupt indulgence without ordinary Nigerians aiding and abeting them.Maybe we should start talking to the man we see in the mirror when we re standing in front one.If everyone plays thier own part to rid corruption,the multiplier effect won't make easy for any sane person to indulge without the the fear of getting caught.Let's all be the Change we need in this country.God bless Naija!
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by StEdwin(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2009
What is going on?
Are we under a spell in this country? Wetin Yar Adua dey do sef.
Inflation, companies are closing down, everything is just not going right.
Why?? cry sad angry
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2009
820 only. i thought it was like 5000. no stress sha, they'll soon be 5000. well done to the giant of destruction.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by koolchicco: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2009
St. Edwin:

What is going on?
Are we under a spell in this country? Wetin Yar Adua dey do sef.
Inflation, companies are closing down, everything is just not going right.
Why?? cry sad angry

The worst is still underway. angry embarassed
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by PaKen: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
Na Biafra I dey now becos that nation called Nigeria go soon scatter, Infact Northerners don reach their waterloo
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2009
if they close down,becuase of the harsh economic climate they sholuld not come back and sell here .
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by dove24u(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2009
May God save our dear Nation lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by danconsult(m): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
talking about harsh condition. i thank God others have not moved since.
u kno like wen MTN was told to reduce teir call rate, they made us to understand that they dont even run on NEPA at all or call it PHCN. true to it. look 4 any mst beside u and you will find out that they all run on dieselled generators 4 24hr.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]UNLESS THE POWER SECTOR IS LOOKED INTO, BUSINESS WILL CONTINUE TO BE EXPENSIVE IN NIGERIA.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

kEEP KEEPING ON.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by mikijagga(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2009
With every sense of loss for the coca cola move, and the ineptitude of our leaders, I rather think that some measures should be taken to fill the gap.

Shit happens everyday, no need to cry over spilt milk.

Government is listening, moves should be made to lure pepsi or something to start production. One man meat could well be another's poison.

Life goes on.

And then something must be done urgently to fix the power issues. We should be on our toes to be not only on the corrective, but on the proactive.

So help us God!!!!
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2009
its so shameful
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by candylips(m): 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2009
yep
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
ehie:

if they close down,becuase of the harsh economic climate they sholuld not come back and sell here .
cheesy
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by initiate: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
heard Guinness have stopped production in Lagos and relocate to Ghana. Can anyone confirm this
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by koolchicco: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2009
initiate:

heard Guinness have stopped production in Lagos and relocate to Ghana. Can anyone confirm this

Atleast now I can sell more kunu.hurray!! grin
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by candylips(m): 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
i don't think guiness will try that
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by sherrylo: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ghana,Ghana,Ghana,everything Ghana? right now in Ghana a bottle of coke is more expensive than it is in Nigeria! so if manufacturing cost in Ghana is lower than it is in Nigeria why is a bottle of coke300ml sold for 50/60peswas about 55/65naira in Ghana?
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
Nigeria is a consumer nation,there is no need for any1 to have its production plants here,cos govt is not helping.Govt go turn the owner of the company to politician ie invite am to FUND RAISING FOR ELECTION,BUILDING OF PDP HEAD OFFICE,LIBRARY,MARRIAGE,BIRTHDAY ETC.
Ask dangote how im dey survive for dis country.
PS: I hear MTN is to be sold very soon to an indian company !
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by hackney(m): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
Whether companies are moving out or shutting down, the govt will do nothing.
The vast majority of people in govt dont even know why they are there (We are talking basic functions).
The skills end at winning the election.

So whatever happens, the govt is just 'Ba kwomi'
And in the morning, Nigeria is still there.
chikena!.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by hymen(f): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
until d Hausa people finish nigeria they'll neva be satisfied, cry cry
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by slimcblack: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2009
just when i thought things were getting better.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by Abatakan: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2009
@ Jassie

Lol! This is moving too slow! More companies should get out of our dear country Nigeria so we can finally start murdering those motherfucking politicians!
I'm sharpening ma machetes right now. . . Na only Fashola i go spear.

E ti ba ilu je!!! Aye yi ma baje ni! Gbogbo yin la maa pa!!! Angry Grin

Let me know so l go follow as well!!
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by tosinaded(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2009
almost all replies av seen,including the original post,show ignorance all over it.
many of u jst post based on our myopic knowledge not realising how dumb it sounds.
who told u coca-cola closed down?
who told you concentrates used in producing soft drinks are made in nigeria?
all concentrates\syrups are produced outside nigeria!
people shld get facts right before posting & misinforming people
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by baekdoosan(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2009
You can't blame them. There's no electricity in this country. Can you Imagine, Ethiopia, the second poorest african country, has uninterrupted power supply. 24 hours a day. The lights only go off on tuesdays for maintenace from 6am to 9pm. Another thing is all the villages have running water taps. I can say this because my father was a diplomat in the UN and I was born there and lived there untill coming to Nigeria in 2003. If one of the poorest countriy's government can do this for their people, then what is wrong with the nigerian government.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 9:27am On Sep 23, 2009
@tosin ade: U say our posts re dumb nd yet u ask dumb questions urself.
U want to know who told us dis nd dat and u think dat isnt dumb for someone who claim to know so much  
Maybe i shld help ur dumb queztions. grin
Read the post form the beginning nd use a pair of glasses so that u dont miss the name of the person who gat the answers to ur dumb questions.
If u have any info that is contrary to the one posted here,u say it and stop being dumb man,
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by tosinaded(m): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2009
tunde too bad if u dnt understand my post!
i work in coca cola,so i logically shld know better than believn sum funny posts!
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by initiate: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2009
tosinaded@:

i work in coca cola,so i logically shld know better than believn sum funny posts!

thats the first thing you shd have said instead of rambling about the place just to vent your spleen.

moving forward can you ask your friends in guiness if they are still producing in here or out?
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by delegiwa(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2009
tosinaded@:

You could be working as a helper inside the plant for all I care. Are u saying you are not aware that Coca Cola had confirmed their intention to close down their Concentrate plant at Ogun State? From their tone, you could see they are serious.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by gReenmAn(m): 11:27am On Sep 23, 2009
na wa oooh.[b]i no go surprise if FG [size=14pt]relomove[/size] from abuja go cotonou 4 d ineptitude of NEPA [/b]cum PHCN and themselves.i no blame cocacola my guyz.dis wan wey al man sef wan relocate.i no go mind visa enter cotonou if dem go giv m kia kia.wat a govt? Angry Shocked Sad Wink

shocked grin
That will be the day grin
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by sayso: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2009
sherry lo:

Ghana,Ghana,Ghana,everything Ghana? right now in Ghana a bottle of coke is more expensive than it is in Nigeria! so if manufacturing cost in Ghana is lower than it is in Nigeria why is a bottle of coke300ml sold for 50/60peswas about 55/65naira in Ghana?

bros no be fight,check the quality of the coca-cola in Ghana vs that of Nigeria,that may answer your question.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by Abatakan: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
Thanks @delegiwa
delegiwa:

You could be working as a helper inside the plant for all I care.  Are u saying you are not aware that Coca Cola had confirmed their intention to close down their Concentrate plant at Ogun State?  From their tone, you could see they are serious.

This is our problem, the guy works for Coca Cola and he thinks he has the inside knowledge, guess what rang the head office of Coca Cola in US (It was closed) the  number is 800 438 2653, so l rang the UK number, 020 8237 300, was not able to help me (but gave me the Nigerian regional number, that is the difference btw. our jungle and civilized world) Nigeria regional number, 234 1 270 9222 and the one for the concentrate company- 234 3972 2401 (line dead, spoke to 234 1 270 9222 and she was so nice and for for once the lady at the end (from Nigeria, professional was pleasant (try talking to them at the embassy) and confirmed`Yes`the plant at Otta is no more!.My point `tosinade`thinks yes l work at Coca Cola, l know the insider story, l bet tosinade do not have a clue of their regional number.The sad part is hundreds lost their jobs in the credit crunch climate, but for tosinade he does not get it.
Re: Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria by bitrhyme(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
Any bam wise online?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Food Business Ideas That Are Profitable Which You Can Start-up In Nigeria / BVN remains for life, does not expire - CBN Insists / N3,000 Start Up Capital For A Unique Liquid Toilet Wash Production Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.