Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. (25881 Views)

Biafra: IPOB Reacts To Gowon’s Claim That Ojukwu’s ‘lies’ Caused Civil War / Drop Your Presidential Ambitions - Shehu Sani To El-rufai / Mark Okoye & Mohammed Sani, Youngest Serving Commissioners Who Are In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Naijapopular(f): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Senator for Kaduna senatorial district Senator Sheu Sani said Gowon became the head of state in his thirties.
He tweet, You became a Head of State while in ur early 30s,should we at d parliament lower d age of contestant 4 presidency?

https://mobile.twitter.com/shehusani/status/760931318301618176?p=v

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/you-became-head-of-state-in-your-early.html?m=1

I became Head of State by accident of history – Gowon

Former Head of State, retired Gen. Yakubu Gowon says he became Head of State 31 years ago by accident of history without nursing the ambition. Gowon stated this when Deputy Chairman of Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, Sen. Shehu Sani, paid him a courtesy call in Abuja on Wednesday.

Gowon was reacting to calls by some Nigerians for the reduction of age limit to 30 years to contest for presidential position in the country. “What happened was the accident of history. “When you have lost your leadership and there was crisis and you don’t know what to do and it happened that those within your constituency chose you, what would you do?

“I was lucky enough within the military at that time and all the officers knew me by reputation. “I had no intention to become head of state but it is the opportunity, if opportunity presents itself and people ask you to do it then do it. “What I have achieved is (because of) God. I had never thought of becoming head of state but there was a coup and all my senior colleagues were killed and I was the only one that survived.

“My plan was to rise in my profession and hopefully become a head in my profession but that did not happen. `I didn’t know what happened but I had the duty and responsibility to ensure the coup in Lagos did not succeed’’, he said. The former head of state advised younger Nigerians to prepare themselves academically and morally to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/became-head-state-accident-history-gowon/

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Tolexander: 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
Senator Sheu Sani is dumb if he has said this!

Probably he thinks Yakubu Gowon is the incumbent Nigerian President

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by naijainfogalery: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2016
Nigerian youths needs to buckle up.

Look at the IBB, Obasanjo, Buhari, Abacha's Generation. That generation had the most prominent youths. They are not like the lazy ones we have now. They didnt wait for any government to do anything for them, They dont have the entitlement mentality that our youths have now. They stood for what they believe and went for it. No wonder that generation experienced the highest number of coup.
But our youths these days would rather hide under the influence of social media and abuse the hell out of a generation achieving their dreams. I wail for the youths.

NIGERIAN YOUTHS WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER. IF YOU WANT IT, GO FOR IT AND TAKE WHATS YOURS BECAUSE THAT OLD GENERATION NEEDS TO BE TOLD THAT WE ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF LEADING.

Im not saying we should pick up arms, But if the zeal and the will power is there, Nothing can stop us

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by bettercreature(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2016
Tolexander:
Senator Sheu Sani is dumb if he has said this!

Probably he thinks Yakubu Gowon is the incumbent Nigerian President
lol

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Saintbonnie(m): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by richidinho(m): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2016
grin
31years ago?
Smh for vanguard

Thats my senator up there even if he represents kaduna

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Odunsco01(m): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2016
awon lo mo
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by EagleScribes: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2016
Question for the gods

It's not about the age, it's about what you've got to offer.

Yam eating does not consider your age.

Age is just a number

7 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by qually: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by NameChecker: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2016
ok

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by nitt: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2016
that's not the priority.

let all reps n senathieves be put on minimum wage and then we will start to take u serious.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by papaejima1: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Archmed(m): 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
A rhetorical question I guess.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by idupaul: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
Shehu Sani always feeling like a wise man ..I still need to know the role he played in the rise of Boko Haram because he seemed to have enuff access to them at some time

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Proffdada: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
And we have such a nitwit as a senator undecided
He doesn't know the difference between head of state and president
One is by force and the other is by choice

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by ALAYORMII: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
What's his grouse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by montezz(f): 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
Be like say dem wan to tell another story again o *in turn face's voice*

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by ChappyChase: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 04, 2016
We the younger generation of this country are not telling ourselves truth. We as a people likes to live on self deceit. Power is never given, its fought for.

Just like Gowon had stated; one has to get prepared academically and morally and hope for an opportunity to surface to grab power - his kind of opportunity is not what we should wish for thou, instead we have to create the opportunity ourselves through the accepted conventional norm of democracy - which is already in place.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by abdulbnyusuf(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2016
Every Nigerian youth will love this

But may be the Senator forget that his military power take him there and not people will
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Spells(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2016
Which kind yeye talk be this.. . Talk talk government

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by ajalawole(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2016
i think its yes. Cux old carges are our todays leaders those days

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Spells(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2016
Which kind yeye talk be this.. . Talk talk government.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by AnanseK(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2016
First of all let Shehu Sani be a good and honest Senator at his age, and stop the distribution of rams and camels for Ramadan as his padded budget constituency project.

http://www.naijaonpoint.com/nigerian-news/senator-shehu-sani-distributes-n15-million-camels-cows.html
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by izzou(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2016
THE YOUTHS ARE NOT READY

I repeat

THE YOUTHS ARE NOT READY

We are still spitting out words indicating how much he hate each other talk more of now taking power at our youthful age

Abeggg

Watch how this thread will turn to a battle zone
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by AnanseK(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2016
Gowon gave and intelligent and correct response to the dumb question. With the type of persons we have as legislators the age limit for any elective office cannot be lower than what obtains now.
They may be adults chronologically, but majority of them have the mental age of toddlers , what they want is more ice cream more chocolates and more toffees just for themselves and never minding else has the right to it.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by kgr8mike(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2016
[b][/b]
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by autodoctor: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Dont forget that he became head of state as a soldier. Soldiers carry guns not ballot paper.
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by passionate88: 11:14am On Aug 04, 2016
angry
Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by 2eggs1goal: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2016
naijainfogalery:
Nigerian youths needs to buckle up.

Look at the IBB, Obasanjo, Buhari, Abacha's Generation. That generation had the most prominent youths. They are not like the lazy ones we have now. They didnt wait for any government to do anything for them, They dont have the entitlement mentality that our youths have now. They stood for what they believe and went for it. No wonder that generation experienced the highest number of coup.
But our youths these days would rather hide under the influence of social media and abuse the hell out of a generation achieving their dreams. I wail for the youths.

NIGERIAN YOUTHS WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER. IF YOU WANT IT, GO FOR IT AND TAKE WHATS YOURS BECAUSE THAT OLD GENERATION NEEDS TO BE TOLD THAT WE ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF LEADING.

Im not saying we should pick up arms, But if the zeal and the will power is there, Nothing can stop us
Mr man stop talking rubbish, that generation of youth had it easy, were everything was provided for them by the government and all, full scholarship, schooling itself was easy suffer no dey or strike, job on graduation and the economy was good for business.

I'm not saying the youth should not hustle for them self but you comparing past generation and present one holds no ground

5 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We.. by Nicur: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2016
2eggs1goal:

Mr man stop talking rubbish, that generation of youth had it easy, were everything was provided for them by the government and all, full scholarship, schooling itself was easy no sufer or strike, job on graduation and the economy was good for business.
my brother don't mind the kid buffoon,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Atiku Billboards Destroyed In The North / Jeffrey Gutterman And Jackson Ude Fight Dirty On Social Media / Boko Haram: Buhari Turns To Russia For Military Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.