Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) (7521 Views)

Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better / Mini-ITX Gaming PC / Do You Own Or Have You Built A GAMING PC: Please Share Your System Specification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2016
Hi peeps, I was going to write a guide on building a gaming PC until I started typing out the article and realised the vast amount of information I'll have to cover. Instead, I will break it down into several 'WYNTK' posts. Personally, I don't like reading very long articles, I prefer small chunks of useful information. So please follow so you know when these posts are uploaded.
Gaming PC's will always have the following core components
1. Motherboard (Intel or AMD) - https://www.nairaland.com/3267934/motherboards-intel-wyntk, https://www.nairaland.com/3268453/amd-motherboard-wyntk
2. Processor (Intel or AMD) - https://www.nairaland.com/3268965/cpus-wyntk
3. RAM (several manufacturers) - https://www.nairaland.com/3269181/ram-gaming-pc-wyntk
4. Storage (several manufacturers) - https://www.nairaland.com/3271053/storage-gaming-pc-wyntk
5. Graphic/Video card (Nvidia or AMD) - https://www.nairaland.com/3271154/graphic-cards-wyntk
6. Power Suplly (several manufacturers) - https://www.nairaland.com/3271917/power-supply-gaming-pc-wyntk
7. Case fans (several manufacturers) - https://www.nairaland.com/3286375/case-fans-gaming-pc-wyntk
8. All of these housed in a Case.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by KazukiIto(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2016
Following. Building a gaming rig is at the top of my bucket list
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Mckandre(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2016
m looking forward to this cos I ve it all listed out ontop my jerrycan list tongue
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
Mckandre:
m looking forward to this cos I ve it all listed out ontop my jerrycan list tongue
The same jerrycan you use for buying petrol? grin no gen, no gaming o
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by cao(f): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
I no get list. Just marking this for future reference.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
cao:
I no get list. Just marking this for future reference.
All join!
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
To be frank, the rig setup links are convoluted as they are and I won't be assed into understanding the sh1t, just yet.

P.S. How'd this referral topic end up as first on the page. undecided

Surely, "Updates and news" needs sticking too.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by cao(f): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
To be frank, the rig setup links are convoluted as they are and I won't be assed into understanding the sh1t, just yet.

P.S. How'd this referral topic end up as first on the page. undecided

Surely, "Updates and news" needs sticking too.
Can't stick everything - only 4 slots. I tend stick 2 random threads along with the 2 permanent threads (gaming help & rules/feedback/complaints) on the gaming page. I'm surprised you hadn't noticed. I found this informative for those who would like to get more info about setting up their own rig, and since I can't stick everything (like I said earlier), the referral page is the best option.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
cao:

Can't stick everything - only 4 slots. I tend stick 2 random threads along with the 2 permanent threads (gaming help & rules/feedback/complaints) on the gaming page. I'm surprised you hadn't noticed. I found this informative for those who would like to get more info about setting up their own rig, and since I can't stick everything (like I said earlier), the referral page is the best option.

Yeah! it should help em. Too bad only two slots are accorded.

I'm surprised that you are surprised that I hadn't noticed. grin

For a second there I thought the fora was over-run by PC gamers.

Where is hakinze when you need him!
It's been almost 24 hrs since the last update.
I'm dying out here! angry grin grin
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
cao:

I think comments should be closed off on this thread so the first post with links remains on page one where anyone access it. Questions can be asked on the related posts.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

I think comments should be closed off on this thread so the first post with links remains on page one where anyone access it. Questions can be asked on the related posts.

Eh! That's not how that works! undecided
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by ican2020: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Can 60 to 80k give one a good desktop gaming pc?
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
ican2020:
Can 60 to 80k give one a good desktop gaming pc?
No chance bruv! Even if you buy used parts.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

Lol! Even in the computer, computer market, technology market and phones fora or sections you will see all sorts of funny requests.

Can't really blame em tho.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by ican2020: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

Thanks for your response.

I am not into gaming as such but I need a desktop pc that i can use online in some games website and a pc that can take some high end software without parking up:
For example, PC with dedicated graphics card, Intel HD graphics of 5000+ nvida
4Ghz processor
1 - 2 tb hard disk etc.

Look, I am not a tech person but I need a desktop pc that can work well on games website stress free.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
ican2020:

Thanks for your response.

I am not into gaming as such but I need a desktop pc that i can use online in some games website and a pc that can take some high end software without parking up:
For example, PC with dedicated graphics card, Intel HD graphics of 5000+ nvida
4Ghz processor
1 - 2 tb hard disk etc.

Look, I am not a tech person but I need a desktop pc that can work well on games website stress free.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Well, if you put it that way. One can build using an Intel Q6600 (quad core CPU) this will be good for multitasking. 4GB RAM and perhaps a GT730. For that money it think it'll have to be a 500GB HDD or one with an AMD A6-6400K processor which is only a dual core and decent integrated graphics (HD 8470D), 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD. These aren't great gaming PC, but should run website based games fine.

Major issue is finding the components in Nigeria or if you can afford to have it shipped from the UK or US.
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by asher15: 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Guys can a laptop intel n3700 4gb ram ,512 v ram play FIFA 16,FIFA 15
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
asher15:
Here's one for you Silkmoth33 grin grin grin
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
AKBliv010:

Here's one for you Silkmoth33 grin grin grin

What do you need me to do? grin Should I yab his life or yab his life? grin
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
asher15:

What's the graphic processing unit in it.
It's the GPU that is important, you need to give us the GPU of the system, Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 or AMD radeon HD 5770 is the least minimum GPU requirement required to play it.

But to be on the safe side get a Hp Envy for Christ's sakes. Last generation laptops(the envy 17 model) are not upto 150k and dey come with Intel core i7 6th generation and AMD Radeon HD 6850M.

My advise to you is to get that to play Fifa16 cos tomorrow now Fifa 17 would come out and other games still dey.

Get a proper laptop and lots of external harddrives with atleast a terabyte to spare. Dey are not expensive. ”fullstop over to you AKBliv010”
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Tomasboy(m): 12:58am On Aug 19, 2016
See as I just dey observe . . . computer wizard plenty for here o undecided Make I just no comment for here before this guy silkmoth start to dey tab or tab me too grin
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 1:42am On Aug 19, 2016
Silkmoth33:

What do you need me to do? grin Should I yab his life or yab his life? grin

confirmed yabist! i thought soccer fans were your best of friends..that all
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 1:44am On Aug 19, 2016
asher15:
Dude get a console... Silkmoth33 will be pleased I recommended a console
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

confirmed yabist! i thought soccer fans were your best of friends..that all

Me?! Ah! I've never played soccer my whole life! And I don't intend to now!

Ah! No way, ild rather he gets a laptop if he won't put soccer on a regular day.

But last last, make hin sha go buy d console grin grin
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 19, 2016
Tomasboy:
See as I just dey observe . . . computer wizard plenty for here o undecided Make I just no comment for here before this guy silkmoth start to dey tab or tab me too grin

Which one be tab again?
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

Dude get a console... Silkmoth33 will be pleased I recommended a console

Oh ild be more than pleased if he gets a console! cheesy
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by asher15: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2016
But I play FIFA 14,pes 2016,pes 2015, sleeping dogs,mafia 2, and football manager 2015 very well, its Intel HD graphics and I was able to make a virtual ram of 6gb
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2016
asher15:
But I play FIFA 14,pes 2016,pes 2015, sleeping dogs,mafia 2, and football manager 2015 very well, its Intel HD graphics and I was able to make a virtual ram of 6gb

undecided What's the GPU bro!

Check system properties in the my computer menu and tel me everything you see there first!
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by asher15: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2016
Silkmoth33:

undecided What's the GPU bro!

Check system properties in the my computer menu and tel me everything you see there first!
well its Intel pentium n3700 1.60ghz 1601mhz 4cores windows 10 ,them physical ram 4gb then virtual ram 9.85 GB not 6gb ,Direct x version 12
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 19, 2016
asher15:
well its Intel pentium n3700 1.60ghz 1601mhz 4cores windows 10 ,them physical ram 4gb then virtual ram 9.85 GB not 6gb ,Direct x version 12

cheesy This guy funny oh!

I told you to check system properties in the lappy you own and you are makin me laugh by posting what you think is relevant. Anyway, wait for me
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by AKBliv010(m): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2016
asher15:
Press the Windows Key and type 'dxdiag' without the quotation marks. Press Enter. Select the 'Display' tab. What does it show?
Re: Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

Press the Windows Key and type 'dxdiag' without the quotation marks. Press Enter. Select the 'Display' tab. What does it show?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

:: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB :: / Spiderman VS Kratos, Who Will Win? / Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.