Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better (7503 Views)

Pc Vs Ps4: Which Is Better In Terms Of Gaming / Xbox One Or PS4 Which To Buy / PC Vs XBOX ONE Graphics Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Kingpost(m): 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
Guys Pls I need you suggestion and advice. I just gave out my ps3 and I want to get a gaming Rig. But I don't know If I should get a gaming laptop or a PS4. Which is better?
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by rottennaija(m): 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
I prefer gaming laptop. Its versatile and can do a lot more aside from gaming. And you can play any game
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
grin u can't play any game
rottennaija:
I prefer gaming laptop. Its versatile and can do a lot more aside from gaming. And you can play any game
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Silverstone6578(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
Get the laptop. One day Ps4 will fade but my laptop of 2010 still plays PES 16, GTA, Dark and Asphalt 8. Also, you could type, browse, Watch movies on a laptop.
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
undecided ur laptop is already outdated
The GTA it is even handling is gta 3
Silverstone6578:
Get the laptop. One day Ps4 will fade but my laptop of 2010 still plays PES 16, GTA, Dark and Asphalt 8. Also, you could type, browse, Watch movies on a laptop.

1 Like

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Adeystix: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
A gaming laptop. Is preferable because its quite easy to get patches and dlc's and stunning graphics ps4 days are limited
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by willian10: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Apart from the cost of getting a good gaming PC, gaming PC is always the best
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
U have no idea of what a console like ps4 is.
Adeystix:
A gaming laptop. Is preferable because its quite easy to get patches and dlc's and stunning graphics ps4 days are limited
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
undecided

U have made no sense!
What do u mean by the "always" u r highlighting
willian10:
Apart from the cost of getting a good gaming PC, gaming PC is always the best
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by willian10: 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Silkmoth33:
undecided

U have made no sense!
What do u mean by the "always" u r highlighting
I no come Nairaland con fight abeg, if my point no make sense, kindly ignore

4 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
willian10:

I no come Nairaland con fight abeg, if my point no make sense, kindly ignore

undecided ladies and gentlemen, this is d reason why nigeria will never move forward.

Cos one hediot with all the cards in his hand will make a wrong move that will spear-head the country into anarchy, all because his grandmother's intuition says it is the right thing to do. undecided

1 Like

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by willian10: 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
Silkmoth33:

undecided ladies and gentlemen, this is d reason why nigeria will never move forward.

Cos one hediot with all the cards in his hand will make a wrong move that will spear-head the country into anarchy, all because his grandmother's intuition says it is the right thing to do. undecided
Egbami, dem send you
Because u own a ps4 now, someone go sleep cry
What concerns Nigeria economy with ps4

4 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
willian10:

Egbami, dem send you
Because u own a ps4 now, someone go sleep cry
What concerns Nigeria economy with ps4

undecided and ladies and gentlemen, the truth has finally come out!

The only reason he assumed that the PC was comparable to the ps4 was infact because he does not have or has played on a ps4! undecided

Don't u just love reverse psychology undecided

3 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Lionbite(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
Silkmoth33:

The only reason he assumed that the PC was comparable to the ps4 was infact because he does not have or has played on a ps4! undecided

boy, shut up u are just making a fool of your self on social media. The dude just dropped his opinion and u arrived with spears and RPG's. A ni99a cant say a piece of his mind no more?

7 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
undecided

Oh and u must be our daft bimbo, aren't u?

Do u even realize or probably imagined for just a second just before posting ur bs, that like the exact fool that u really are, u just jumped up and did the exact same thing you are being hypocritical about, to me?

I'm guessing it didn't cross your reprobate inconsequential and self-deluded mind. grin Next time think before u get crushed, u little squid

My own opinion. grin
Lionbite:

boy, shut up u are just making a fool of your self on social media. The dude just dropped his opinion and u arrived with spears and RPG's. A ni99a cant say a piece of his mind no more?
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Kingpost(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2017
My problem with gaming Laptop is cost, a good gaming laptop costs nothing less then $1000
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Adeystix: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Silkmoth33:
U have no idea of what a console like ps4 is.
undecidedwhy wont I have an idea am not saying its all that bad but it has limited functions compared to a gaming laptop
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by sureguy078(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
Gaming pc is beta because u can just copy games from your friends and moreso u can play when there's no electricity

1 Like

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Sylar3333: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
Get yourself a ps4, and also get playstation camera for the ps4 and you are good to go..

For laptop, it will eat your pocket, to get games na war, and also not all games are for laptops,

Get yourself ps4 and game online with friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Chuk77: 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
Silkmoth33:

Dude, E clear say you be learner sha. I have a PS4 and a gaming rig. A PC (desktop) gaming rig that I built myself. You cant even compare bro. My gaming rig gives me significantly more stunning graphics. The PCs are generally more powerful....by far.. And by PC I'm not talking about the lame computers you see in offices or cyber cafes. The more money you spend the better the specs and the better it is when compared to the ps4. At the end of the day its depends on your definition of "better". A PS4 is cheaper and this might be deemed better by some, but a Proper PC gaming rig will blow a PS4 to pieces and there's no question about that. You probably haven't seen a gaming PC before (no I'm not talking about a laptop). Like I said, I own both so I think I'm in a much better position than you are to answer the thread question.

10 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Talibanis: 7:03am On Feb 17, 2017
Silverstone6578:
Oga,u can also do that on a console
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by stanway(m): 9:05am On Feb 17, 2017
I will take ps4 over pc anyday anytime even if the pc is worth millions,ps4 na de koko.
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by EvilBrain(m): 10:57am On Feb 22, 2017
You should definitely get a PC. Cheaper games, free online, free to play games, a far bigger library and the he fact that you can play them forever unlike the PS4 which will be abandoned in a few years when the PS5 comes out.

You should get a desktop though. Gaming laptops are stupidly expensive. And this is probably the best possible time to build a desktop. AMD is about to crash the price of high end CPUs and motherboards. For the price of a gaming laptop, you can build a crazily powerful desktop.

2 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by aquastar(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
I have both. from my perspective, here are some of the pros and cons.

PS4
Pros
1. You can play a lot of great exclusive games that are not available on PC. e.g God of war, uncharted 4, bloodborne, horizon zero dawn etc
2. You dont have to worry about system requirements for new games. Just get the game, pop in the disc and play.
3. A PS4 is much cheaper than a PC so getting one would not set you back financially too much.
4. You can sell a game after playing to recoup some of the cost

Cons
1. Games are much more expensive than PC. It keep getting worse with the fx situation.
2. You need to pay PSN subscription fees to play online. (around $50/year, i think)

PC
Pros
1. A lot of games are cracked. you dont have to buy most single player games if you can't afford to.
2. A new gaming laptop with get you better framerate and graphics quality than a PS4.
3. A gaming laptop is portable. you dont have to rely on a TV to play your games.
4. You dont have to buy a UPS for when PHCN strikes.
5. Online gaming is free as long as you have bought the game.
6. A PC has other uses besides gaming.

Cons
1. Effing expensive.
2. No console exclusives for you.

6 Likes

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by FrancisAdl(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
aquastar:

PS4
Pros
1. You can play a lot of great exclusive games that are not available on PC. e.g God of war, uncharted 4, bloodborne, horizon zero dawn etc
2. You dont have to worry about system requirements for new games. Just get the game, pop in the disc and play.
3. A PS4 is much cheaper than a PC so getting one would not set you back financially too much.

Cons
1. Games are much more expensive than PC. It keep getting worse with the fx situation.
2. You need to pay PSN subscription fees to play online. (around $50/year, i think)

PC
Pros
1. A lot of games are cracked. you dont have to buy most single player games if you can't afford to.
2. A new gaming laptop with get you better framerate and graphics quality than a PS4.
3. A gaming laptop is portable. you dont have to rely on a TV to play your games.

Cons
1. Effing expensive.

Well said my nigga
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mehn! Nigerians are hard ppl
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by davinchecodes(m): 6:43am On Feb 23, 2017
Build your pc gaming rig.
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Chuk77: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
aquastar:

PS4
Pros

Cons

PC
Pros

Cons
1. Effing expensive.

Well said brother..well said
Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by Apkappsdl: 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
I prefer PC than another console.

1 Like

Re: Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better by d33types: 1:23am On Mar 01, 2017
The"Potato Masher" a cheap pc, bulit to compete with the ps4.its specs are as outlined

i5 750 overclocked to 3.7 ghz
Asus H55 LGA 1156 motherboard
4GB DDR3 memory
GTX 760
320GB Samsung Spinpoint HDD
Cooler Master Wavemaster Case
Arctic Alpine 11 GT cpu cooler
EVGA 430 watt PSU
Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/thepotato-masher-a-cheap-pc-bulit-to-compete-with--32176431/

http://casualshenanigans.com/home/the-potato-masher/
The Potato Masher is a computer custom-built in December 2014 for $350, and updated in late 2015 to 8GB RAM and $375. It’s designed to compete against the Playstation 4 for the duration of its lifecycle, and to show that a great PC gaming experience can be had for not much money.

If a budget gaming as such can outmatch the ps4, then a typical gaming pc is overkill compared to the PS4 in terms of stability, graphics, smoothness. PS4 only wins in terms of exclusive releases.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 And 5 Best Mobile Games: Download Now / Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) / :: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB ::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.