Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,430 members, 7,861,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

Economy:i'm Much More Optimistic Today Than I've Been In Many Years, Emir Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economy:i'm Much More Optimistic Today Than I've Been In Many Years, Emir Sanusi (568 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Buhari With Serving Corpers At His Daura Home Many Years Ago / PDP Poll: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Than 2 Years Ago? Shocking Results!! / Orji Uzor Sad At 9ja Economy:'I'm Surprise Price Of Staple Goods've Skyrocketed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economy:i'm Much More Optimistic Today Than I've Been In Many Years, Emir Sanusi by agabusta: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2016
'I'm much more optimistic today than I've been in many years, as far as the economy is concerned" Emir of Kano says

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/08/im-much-more-optimistic-today-than-ive.html

Emir of Kano and former Central Bank governor, Muhammadu Sanusi II says he is more optimistic of Nigeria's economy now than he has ever been in many years. Sanusi said this while speaking to newsmen in Abuja yesterday August 3rd
"What the government has done by fighting insecurity and corruption provides an environment where government policies can thrive.
The recent steps that have been taken by deregulating the oil sector, liberalizing the Forex market, meeting with economists, and setting up a proper economic team, suggests that there is now attention focused on real economic issues. I am much more optimistic today than I have been in many years as far as the economy is concerned. We are going through a difficult time. We are always bound to go through difficult times when the oilprice crash and with all the mismanagement of the past but I think right now, we are finally about to turn a corner. We need to be realistic, nobody should expect overnight that things will change. Inflation will be with us for sometime, recession will be reversed gradually"he said
Posted by Linda Ikeji at 10:15 AM

Sanusi Supports Downstream Deregulation, Requests Nigeria’s Patience

Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, on Wednesday supported the deregulation of the downstream sector and the liberalisation of the foreign exchange market.

The Emir of Kano said this while speaking at a lecture series at the National Defence College, Abuja.

The Emir sees the deregulation as a turning point for Nigeria and hopes that it would lead to the much needed change and transformation if sustained.

“The recent steps that have been taken to deregulating the oil sector, liberalising foreign exchange market, meeting with economists and setting up a proper economic team suggest that there is now attention focused on real economic issue.

“I’m much more optimistic today that I’ve been in many years as far as the economy is concerned,” he said.

A Wining Economy

The monarch said that the efforts of the Federal Government to tackle corruption and insecurity shows that there is a real focus on the economy.

“I think that the building blocks have been put in place. What the government has done by fighting insecurity and fighting corruption provides an environment where economic policies can thrive,” he added.

He appealed to Nigerians that the anticipated change would come with some form of inflation and recession, but said that Nigeria would gradually return to a booming economy.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/08/03/sanusi-supports-downstream-deregulation-requests-nigerias-patience/

Re: Economy:i'm Much More Optimistic Today Than I've Been In Many Years, Emir Sanusi by DelGardo: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
His Royal Majesty you picked a wrong time to deliver this cheerful view of yours.

The wailers are in hiding and may not see this news item.
From having a bad week to receiving a 1, 2 punch from Aisha earlier today. Now this, why?

Somebody please lend me a meme for the kind of turmoil in Wailand these days.

(1) (Reply)

2 Former PDP Governor Tackle Oshiomonleh In Abuja / 4000 Niger Delta Militants Hired To Ruin Edo Election / IPOB Sack Defence Team For Misleading The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.