Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. (50125 Views)

Alex Nwora And Son, Jordan Nwora In The Nigerian Basketball Team. Photos / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics / Rio 2016: Egyptians Wear Hijab While Playing Volleyball With Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by ahnie: 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Emade:

pls oh what guarantee gold?

Small world....so yu are a nlder.
grin grin grin grin ;Dsmall world.

Lemmi refresh your memory.
You remember that little girl in 2go.working with nestle nig plc.
I came to iyede(my hometown)from kano state to check on my now Late Dad and you told me that you and your cousin are in otowhodo.

That i shud come...but i neva showed up.
That should be around 2011.
Anyways how z life?
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by Frankiss44(m): 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
princeofpeace22:
We need a reset in nigeria
Reset will come when Buba finish fighting corruption
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by rman: 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Step 1:Be Born in USA or have a green Card
Step 2: oh wait!! You already failed step one.

HAKEEM OLAJUWON was born and raised in Nigeria and he played for US basketball team at the Olympics

1 Like

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by shuggah(m): 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
braithwaite:

Explorers please do a find.did the USA government sponsor that cruise or the NBA themselves.. and why did
Matthew Dellavedova and Andrew Bogut not with them..

the last two names u mentioned will play fr Australia nt USA, it's nt all English premier league players tht plays fr England
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by mikron(m): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
IN ORDER news let us wish NIGERIA OLYMPIC FOOTBALL TEAM SUCESS as they play japan by 2am midnight.. pls hit like if u believe they will win ..
im not too sure of their chances against japan cos of jetlag and lack of rest, but i know we will not lose the game. a draw is ok by me
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by mikron(m): 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
RRoyaId:
...and they keep saying that America is not the NUMBER ONE country in the world!
says who? cheesy cheesy
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by mikron(m): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
pippimp:

Which kain igbinedion mentality you come de bring come na? The Nigerian suffer de cloud your reasoning. The best thing you can do is to make your staff comfortable so as to get the best from them. Plus the US is known for making their citizens comfortable which is why they are among the top nations winning medals in every single Olympics held to date. Meanwhile, if Nigeria see one gold na miracle.
my brother u no lie at all

1 Like

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by braithwaite(m): 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Raypawer:
next time read a post before commenting! so you don't sell your self cheap, Matthew Dellavedova and Andrew Bogut are there with Team Australlia, can't you see that on the T-Shirt of one of them? and it's not US Government, rather its the Players!

Loolz..Mr know it all..
>I never did asked from you..dunno Y that gve yu headace

>coz you u know doesn't mean others will do

>you've gain two likes for your post..kelechukwu clap for yourslv weldon.

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by braithwaite(m): 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
shuggah:

the last two names u mentioned will play fr Australia nt USA, it's nt all English premier league players tht plays fr England

Alrt thanks

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by brovkhovich: 12:05am On Aug 05, 2016
So what Nigeria business
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by Sirmuel1(m): 12:08am On Aug 05, 2016
princeofpeace22:
We need a reset in nigeria

Point of correction...WE NEED A FACTORY RESET. All of us!
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by chuggy(m): 12:10am On Aug 05, 2016
mummyson26:
Howvi wish I was born and bread in america
born, bread and tea in america...i dey tell you
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by Gbadagba: 12:58am On Aug 05, 2016
emorse:
This doesn't guarantee gold. A mere waste of funds.
And what is fund made for?
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by louiskay(m): 1:42am On Aug 05, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

brazil isnt a first world country
Yea... Brazil is a Second world country...
but the yacht belongs to the United States.

1 Like

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by louiskay(m): 1:57am On Aug 05, 2016
Bifwoli:

Nigeria has its own comparable living too.This Cruiseship luxury compares well to the floating residences of Makoko.

I love that satire...

D floating residence of makoko indeed...

but slumber shouldn't be compared with sleep ooo smiley

dizz luxurious yacht will acquire all resources, including humans residing in that obsolete area.... wink
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by Dharnchuks(m): 2:39am On Aug 05, 2016
braithwaite:

Explorers please do a find.did the USA government sponsor that cruise or the NBA themselves.. and why did
Matthew Dellavedova and Andrew Bogut not with them..

They are not in the USA team
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by October1960: 3:58am On Aug 05, 2016
louiskay:
First Class Luxury...

From a

First World country.

grin

Lol you are right

So 3rd class for third world Naija grin
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by October1960: 4:00am On Aug 05, 2016
louiskay:

Yea... Brazil is a Second world country...

but the yacht belongs to the United States.

The yacht does not belong to the US govt but is privately owned and chartered by the players.
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by louiskay(m): 4:10am On Aug 05, 2016
October1960:

The yacht does not belong to the US govt but is privately owned and chartered by the players.

Had DAT impression too... cause I had other athletes in Mind....

But those guys are well too grounded in some smiling dough. grin
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by louiskay(m): 4:14am On Aug 05, 2016
October1960:

Lol you are right

So 3rd class for third world Naija grin

NAxo. ooo...
tongue
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by louiskay(m): 4:18am On Aug 05, 2016
October1960:

Busted

LoL. cheesy
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by WhiskeyTangoFox: 6:06am On Aug 05, 2016
emorse:

Then the plight of the Nigerian Olympic team guarantees gold, abi? Even if it doesn't guarantee the Americans gold, it puts dem in the right frame of mind to go and perform to the best of their abilities. If one can't be comfortable when representing his/her country, then wot's the essence, or wld u rather they feel inconvenienced and have reasons not to perform? Now tell me who no go like represent America?
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by WhiskeyTangoFox: 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. Shut ya gob and stop posting useless racist history that was built on the backs of millions of black people who were dehumanised and worked as slaves for centuries, without being paid a dime.

And the US neither provided the facility for them nor does the US pays them a dime for competing at the olympics, hence a lot of the stars dropped out and Dwayne Wade actually made a complaint about it before the last olympics in 2012. They play at the olympics for free.

This facility was provided for them by Cisco and it had nothing to do with the US government. They used their star power as the leverage for the endorsement. And I think it is cos of the zika virus and the fact that they all have great careers to return to.

Nooo, you shut ur own gob. Who sold those slaves back then? No be ur fellow black man? Abi dat one no worse pass racism? How many modern day slaves in the form of house boy and house girl do we still have in this excuse of a country? Atleast the US created an enabling environment despite the slavery and racism where true talented black athletes can attract endorsements or even afford to be comfortable while representing their countries. How has our country Nigeria ever encouraged talented youths or created and enabling environment where they can afford comfort while representing their country?
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by Raypawer(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2016
Boy watch your mouth, whats your business in there? why the insult better grow up!

TomHagen:
He only asked a question and the person he asked gave him a an answer. Stop advertizing your ITK moronity. Jackass!!!
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by Raypawer(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2016
tell that to you ipob brother, am not ipob!

braithwaite:

Loolz..Mr know it all..
>I never did asked from you..dunno Y that gve yu headace

>coz you u know doesn't mean others will do

>you've gain two likes for your post..kelechukwu clap for yourslv weldon.

Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by gambit10: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2016
emorse:

even if they sleep on the floor all thru the tournament , their gold sure
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by UIA04(f): 8:37am On Aug 05, 2016
emorse:

Sure! If na me nko? Shey I go reject am? Comfort is good if one can afford it. Me am just saying it can't guarantee success. As a matter of fact, nothing guarantees success.

Bros these are NBA players we are talking about
They are already successful without training
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by masseratti: 8:40am On Aug 05, 2016
ashjay001:

Bros, for Brazil?! They will kidnap d whole team with d ship!
you funny die
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by masseratti: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2016
adioolayi:
What's the blackman's mentality here jare as if USA is free of Theft, Daylight Robbery and Terrorism undecided
i can't comprehend your words please.
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by fuke(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2016
emorse:

So who takes the gold then?
In this games, only the USA basketball team can beat USA basketball team.
Re: RIO 2016: Where American Basketball Team Will Stay VS The Athletes' Village. by masseratti: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
mmsen:

What does this have to do with the 'black man and his mentality' when Rio is one of the most dangerous cities on earth?

What is the black man's mentality and how does it work in this instance where some of the administrators are white?
rip favalas are as dangerous as ajegunle and queens in new York, if you guys av not stepped out of Nigeria please hush it, the place in rio they are is just like saying you fortified your self in park view lagos because of mushin story, the purpose of the game is to bond with others, Olympic is more of a game festival not to exclude yourself, most of these players in less than 20years from now will be broke ass, meanwhile there counterparts in other sports that are white will still be well off amd they didn't bring a yatch to the games.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) / Marcus Rashford Breaks Up With Lucia Loi, His Girlfriend Over Lockdown Pressures / Thomas Partey Converts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.