Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished (1123 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Building Demolished In Abuja (Video, Photo) / Burial Of Boy Killed During Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Photos) / NSCIA Rejects Christian Court, Says Its Recipe For Anarchy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by stevnwigw: 4:14am On Aug 05, 2016
The most peaceful state in Nigeria is heading for all time war, as the state govt demolishes the most popular market in the state capital, "the eke ukwu Owerri "
check my signature and be free.
Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 05, 2016
Na so Rochas wan take rule h state?
Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by amuokuko: 5:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Okoroawusa is definitely copying Hell Rufai his cousin.
By the time APC is done with us, we would be begging for Re-colonization.
Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by amaco12(m): 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
stevnwigw:
The most peaceful state in Nigeria is heading for all time war, as the state govt demolishes the most popular market in the state capital, "the eke ukwu Owerri "
U be real Aturu which market was demolished. u people will die of HBP because of Okorocha,your propaganda didn't even help u to win one seat at the concluded rerun election in Imo ,is a shame.
Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by goonsmi: 8:44am On Aug 05, 2016
stevnwigw:

Tell us the reason for the demolition or shut up.

You think government will just make up one day and demolish one of their sources of revenue without any reason ?
Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by AKswift: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2016
I wouldn't seek validation on the authenticity of the above post -if it's padded with lies or not- but as a frequent traveller to the Eastern part of Nigeria, 'Douglas Road' in Owerri needs to be re-shaped to suit the beauty of the capital.

My apologies to the natives of this historical market. I may not know the history or how events played out leading to the establishment of the market at its location, but I vehemently feel the market needs to be relocated. Douglas Rd. needs to be revamped to a modern business district, and in doing this, some structures need to pulled out. Not just the refrenced market; this should be extended to the other market dominated by my brothers from the North. This Rd occupies a strategic location in the state capital, connecting Owerri to majors areas- the airport, Umuahia, Aba, etc.

From my experience and observation, this place is the dirtiest part of the state from time immemorial, and this negates the aesthetic beauty of the town. Therefore, it is rather an act of ignorance for anyone to chide the State Government on her objective to re-build the road. Douglas road should portrary the kind of serenity and beauty as seen in places Imolites call 'New Owerri'.

Also, the governor should ensure adequate compensation is paid to those affected and provide a better alternative for the buisness people operating on this axis. Politics of hate and the absence of compassion should not influence this proposed task.

1 Like

Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2016
The market should be demolished ,alongside those Owerri village houses
Re: Breakingnews Imo Heading For Anarchy As Eke Ukwu Owerri Demolished by PFRB: 10:58am On Aug 05, 2016
The market should be relocated. the present day situation does no support that type of market there. I dislike Rochas politics but the truth must be told.

(1) (Reply)

Lifeless Bodies Of Militants Killed By Soldiers (graphics Photo) / Checkout The Epic Reply Zahra Buhari Got From Her Tweet On Twitter(photo) / This Man Claims He Wants To Leave Nigeria Due To Hardship (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.