Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs (7003 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE OF RCCG SPEAKS ON SENSITIVE ISSUES AFFECTING THE CHURCH OF GOD; ISSUES LIKE MAKE-UP, JEWELLERY, WIGS & BLEACHED HAIR.

Below are the details of what his speech in the ongoing RCCG Convention. Pls read to the end and give your comments on it. God bless you.

'The elders have a saying, "if children of the same mother enters into a room to talk and come out smiling, they have not told each other the truth." Alright, so in the next 3 minutes, you might not be smiling as I am going to tell you the truth, because am your daddy.

Strictly speaking I have searched the scripture, there is nowhere that I have found where it is written, if you wear make-up, you will go to hell or you will not make it to heaven, I can’t find it in the Bible. It is not to be found anywhere at all, but I have done my own research.

There are two places in the whole Bible where references were made to painting of face, only two places, and the two places are bad. One of the places talked about Jezebel. How many of you will name your daughter Jezebel? 2 Kings 9:30, the day Jezebel was going to die, she did make up properly, painted her face, dented her face with jewelries, but at the end of the day, dog ate her.

The second place is in Jeremiah 4:29-30 where God was speaking in anger to daughters of Zion, He says, "when I make up my mind to deal with you, you can paint your face as you like, it is not going to deliver you." Read it, you have your Bible to read. Those are the only two places I found, and they are terrible references.

Now as far as am concerned, it is up to you to decide how you want to look, you want to make up, you want to paint yourself, you are at liberty. If for any reason whatsoever God decides not to allow you to enter heaven, sorry o!!! The point I'm making is this, nobody ever add sugar to honey. Have you seen anybody adding sugar to honey? Anytime you see a piece of furniture that is painted, wooden furniture that is painted, the wood is inferior. When the wood is ebony, nobody paints it, no no no. I think children of God should realise they are precious enough, by the special grace of God and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. They are honey, they don’t need sugar.
Some people go about in the name of fashion wearing wigs. I'm not being judgemental at all.

This is not law, there is no where in the Bible which says if you wear wigs, you can't make it to heaven. But this hair that you are wearing, from whose head was it cut? Do you know who was the original owner of the hair? Do you know what kind of anointing is in that hair? It is put in the most important part of your body, the head!!! "Thou anointed my head." Things are so bad now that some ladies comes for ordination with wigs on. I always asked them, which one do you want me to anoint, the wig or the head? I told you, you will not smile by the time I finished. I have not been legalistic, I have not said thou shall not wear wig. I'm only talking to my daughters, my own children.

I read something in the book of Revelation 7:1-3. Some angels were sent from heaven to deal with the inhabitants of the world, after the rapture, the Bible says, "I heard the Almighty God said, before you begin to deal with people, let me mark them, let me seal them on their forehead, so that we know those that the bullet should not hit." What we wear matters. Why do you think the army wear uniforms? It is so that they will not accidentally shoot their own members. Can God recognize you at a glance, that is, as a child of God? Some people say it does not matter, and that what is inside is what is important, I agree with the last part, but what is inside will show outside. it will show on the outside, it will show, don’t let anybody deceive you.

When I became the General Overseer, I brought a group of teachers to come and teach in the Bible College and they began to teach series of things I did not bargain for. They were nteaching that God is not interested in the outside, He is interested in the inside, this man (the G. O.) is legalistic, he is too strict. So I went to Oyingbo market to buy two oranges, one ripe and the other green all over. My Bible students were beginning to turn to rebels and God gave me wisdom, so I stood before the class and I said, which of this oranges will you take if I ask you to pick one? They all pointed at the yellow and ripe one, and I said why? They said because that one is going to be the sweeter one. How do you know when you have not seen the inside? They all said what is inside the orange portrays and shows what is reflecting outside. An orange is sweet from the appearance because its inside is sweet and vice versa to unripe oranges. It was at this vpoint l passed the real message to the people and the Holy Spirit gave them change of heart afterwards.

People of God, God cannot be mocked, you cannot begin to tell people that God only dwells in the heart of man, seeks the heart alone and not the facial appearance, It is A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL ! You cannot sit on the fence, it either you are cold or hot... Say no to FASHION OF HELL ... Why not be and remain the way God created you? Why are you adding to what God has created? In other words, you are telling God that, "God ooh, see you are senseless to have created me this way I am, I am going to recreate myself back with make ups." (God forbid). May you not be an enemy of God. Amen. "Let your dressing be in modest apparell, not of painting of face or using of gold ,necklaces or earrings, but of pure heart , shamefacedness and modesty."

Have you considered Jezebel in the Bible? She was a perfect example of the usage of all these things, and she made all these things of demonic value. May you not be among her descendants in Jesus mighty name. Let your watchword be ''WORLDLINESS FORBIDDEN." Instead of the world copying good things from us (believers), we the believers are the one copying bad things from the world! Very shameful and pathetic!

Remember, "friendliness with the world equals to enmity with God.
Beware of the end time vices and change your ways now!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by royallord1(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2016
na lie..... adeboye cant b dat petty
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by thunder74(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
I love this especially the example of oranges

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by orisa37: 9:29am On Aug 05, 2016
The General Rules which The Man of God is preaching about is "You can not worship God and mammon". " Worship God". "Be still and I shall provide all your needs". May God bless us all with His Spirits of Discernment and Understanding!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by teemanbastos(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2016
Kikikikikiki.. Xpecting the internet to boil again..
I wonder how oyedepo go take the news and other denominations..
Na dis kin tin deeperlyfers dey like read..

Anyway... Lol@adding sugar to honey! I love natural beauties tho' not make up legends undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Ochoiho: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2016
Daddy, your hands are now clean, you are not responsible if anyone chooses to go to Hell

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2016
royallord1:
na lie..... adeboye cant b dat petty

see dis one were u @ the convention??

anyways...he has said his own, his hands are clean so u can take it or u leave it
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by lalasticlala(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by ERONX(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
kkkk
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by obajoey(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
They use wig because osé ti jé ori won tan. If they remove the wig, the shape of their heads ehen, no be for here grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by jcross19: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
zaragal:
PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE OF RCCG SPEAKS ON SENSITIVE ISSUES AFFECTING THE CHURCH OF GOD; ISSUES LIKE MAKE-UP, JEWELLERY, WIGS & BLEACHED HAIR.

Below are the details of what his speech in the ongoing RCCG Convention. Pls read to the end and give your comments on it. God bless you.

'The elders have a saying, "if children of the same mother enters into a room to talk and come out smiling, they have not told each other the truth." Alright, so in the next 3 minutes, you might not be smiling as I am going to tell you the truth, because am your daddy.

Strictly speaking I have searched the scripture, there is nowhere that I have found where it is written, if you wear make-up, you will go to hell or you will not make it to heaven, I can’t find it in the Bible. It is not to be found anywhere at all, but I have done my own research.

There are two places in the whole Bible where references were made to painting of face, only two places, and the two places are bad. One of the places talked about Jezebel. How many of you will name your daughter Jezebel? 2 Kings 9:30, the day Jezebel was going to die, she did make up properly, painted her face, dented her face with jewelries, but at the end of the day, dog ate her.

The second place is in Jeremiah 4:29-30 where God was speaking in anger to daughters of Zion, He says, "when I make up my mind to deal with you, you can paint your face as you like, it is not going to deliver you." Read it, you have your Bible to read. Those are the only two places I found, and they are terrible references.

Now as far as am concerned, it is up to you to decide how you want to look, you want to make up, you want to paint yourself, you are at liberty. If for any reason whatsoever God decides not to allow you to enter heaven, sorry o!!! The point I'm making is this, nobody ever add sugar to honey. Have you seen anybody adding sugar to honey? Anytime you see a piece of furniture that is painted, wooden furniture that is painted, the wood is inferior. When the wood is ebony, nobody paints it, no no no. I think children of God should realise they are precious enough, by the special grace of God and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. They are honey, they don’t need sugar.
Some people go about in the name of fashion wearing wigs. I'm not being judgemental at all.

This is not law, there is no where in the Bible which says if you wear wigs, you can't make it to heaven. But this hair that you are wearing, from whose head was it cut? Do you know who was the original owner of the hair? Do you know what kind of anointing is in that hair? It is put in the most important part of your body, the head!!! "Thou anointed my head." Things are so bad now that some ladies comes for ordination with wigs on. I always asked them, which one do you want me to anoint, the wig or the head? I told you, you will not smile by the time I finished. I have not been legalistic, I have not said thou shall not wear wig. I'm only talking to my daughters, my own children.

I read something in the book of Revelation 7:1-3. Some angels were sent from heaven to deal with the inhabitants of the world, after the rapture, the Bible says, "I heard the Almighty God said, before you begin to deal with people, let me mark them, let me seal them on their forehead, so that we know those that the bullet should not hit." What we wear matters. Why do you think the army wear uniforms? It is so that they will not accidentally shoot their own members. Can God recognize you at a glance, that is, as a child of God? Some people say it does not matter, and that what is inside is what is important, I agree with the last part, but what is inside will show outside. it will show on the outside, it will show, don’t let anybody deceive you.

When I became the General Overseer, I brought a group of teachers to come and teach in the Bible College and they began to teach series of things I did not bargain for. They were nteaching that God is not interested in the outside, He is interested in the inside, this man (the G. O.) is legalistic, he is too strict. So I went to Oyingbo market to buy two oranges, one ripe and the other green all over. My Bible students were beginning to turn to rebels and God gave me wisdom, so I stood before the class and I said, which of this oranges will you take if I ask you to pick one? They all pointed at the yellow and ripe one, and I said why? They said because that one is going to be the sweeter one. How do you know when you have not seen the inside? They all said what is inside the orange portrays and shows what is reflecting outside. An orange is sweet from the appearance because its inside is sweet and vice versa to unripe oranges. It was at this vpoint l passed the real message to the people and the Holy Spirit gave them change of heart afterwards.

People of God, God cannot be mocked, you cannot begin to tell people that God only dwells in the heart of man, seeks the heart alone and not the facial appearance, It is A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL ! You cannot sit on the fence, it either you are cold or hot... Say no to FASHION OF HELL ... Why not be and remain the way God created you? Why are you adding to what God has created? In other words, you are telling God that, "God ooh, see you are senseless to have created me this way I am, I am going to recreate myself back with make ups." (God forbid). May you not be an enemy of God. Amen. "Let your dressing be in modest apparell, not of painting of face or using of gold ,necklaces or earrings, but of pure heart , shamefacedness and modesty."

Have you considered Jezebel in the Bible? She was a perfect example of the usage of all these things, and she made all these things of demonic value. May you not be among her descendants in Jesus mighty name. Let your watchword be ''WORLDLINESS FORBIDDEN." Instead of the world copying good things from us (believers), we the believers are the one copying bad things from the world! Very shameful and pathetic!

see all the references now there is no place that it was condemned am still Searching for where it was condemned in the bible!!!. Or are you people trying to say that God forgot to add it to ten commandment or jesus forgot to speak about it? In israel they have 613 laws all what you mentioned were not there so am still wondering!!!!!.modesty is the key and whatsoever holy spirit direct you , you do not just those who preach mentality and call it doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Chykeboss(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
At last baba is speaking up but I think is a bit too late..rccg members may likely not adhere to it will blame it on baba old age grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by jcross19: 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
thunder74:
I love this especially the example of oranges
lol that example is what jesus preach Against , please do you really read your bible? Or you think so call daddy g.o can't mislead you? Your bible is your perfect teacher and pastor just ask for holy spirit to teach you. Now compare that orange example to mathew 23:25 to 26: woe unto you scribes and pharisees, hypocrites! For ye make clean the outside(decent look) of the cup and the of the platter,but within they are full of extortion and excess.26)thou blind pharisee, clean first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. So now tell me who is the phari'see?.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by God2man(m): 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
When an Elder is talking, wise one will think and change.

Whether you like it or not you cannot put a dead woman hair on your head rebranding it as attachment and you think you will see God after death. No way.

God is light in him there is no deception.
Make up is pure deception.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by flamingREED(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2016
teemanbastos:
Kikikikikiki.. Xpecting the internet to boil again..
I wonder how oyedepo go take the news and other denominations..
Na dis kin tin deeperlyfers dey like read..

Anyway... Lol@adding sugar to honey! I love natural beauties tho' not make up legends undecided

I'm Deeper Life

And you made me laugh grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Harwoyeez(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2016
May Holy Spirit guide us all. The orange example is perfect for d discerning mind. Both in n out must be clean n sweet n appealing.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
jcross19:
see all the references now there is no place that it was condemned am still Searching for where it was condemned in the bible!!!. Or are you people trying to say that God forgot to add it to ten commandment or jesus forgot to speak about it? In israel they have 613 laws all what you mentioned were not there so am still wondering!!!!!.modesty is the key and whatsoever holy spirit direct you , you do not just those who preach mentality and call it doctrine.

What about this?

[NIV] 1 Peter 3:3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by P0intBlank(m): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
hmmm....
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by P0intBlank(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
zaragal:

@Bolded Though I respect Daddy G.O., I do not agree with that line of thought. To say the way people were born was the way God created them is arguable. If a child is born with a deformity is that the way God created him? If he or his parents decide he should undergo corrective surgery are they challenging God? If there's nothing wrong with having corrective surgery then there's nothing wrong with using makeup to enhance beauty or conceal facial flaws

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by P0intBlank(m): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
zaragal:

There are places in the bible where references made to jewelries are good.

Ezekiel 16:11-14

11 I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your hands and a necklace around your neck. 12 I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your dress was of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour, honey and oil; so you were exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty. 14 Then your fame went forth among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you,” declares the Lord God.

The Bible also makes these comparisons:

Prov. 25:11-12 A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear.

Prov. 1:8-9 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 9They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.

How can something so "immodest"(Jewelries) be likened to the beauty of sound counsel?

In the verse below, Abraham gives Rebecca these gifts via his servant (when he sent his servant to look for a wife for Isaac).

"And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold' (Gen 24:22 KJV).

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by IMASTEX: 12:12am On Aug 07, 2016
Those that are to hear have heard, and those that won't will not
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by orisa37: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2016
There are three daily events to which we can apportion our 24 daily hours. Praying, Making up and Working. We spend 8hours working. Less than 3hours praying and 13hours making up. Whatsoever you spend most of your time upon, you worship. Adeboye is just telling us the obvious, that we should spend more time with God, The Creator of your Heart, Soul, Mind and Body, since we specially made and not scaps from His factory.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by paulGrundy(m): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2016
orisa37:
There are three daily events to which we can apportion our 24 daily hours. Praying, Making up and Working. We spend 8hours working. Less than 3hours praying and 13hours making up. Whatsoever you spend most of your time upon, you worship. Adeboye is just telling us the obvious, that we should spend more time with God, The Creator of your Heart, Soul, Mind and Body, since we specially made and not scaps from His factory.

Why didn't you include the time you spend surfing the internet, your argument is baseless.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by frubben(m): 10:24am On Aug 07, 2016
zaragal:

see dis one were u @ the convention??

anyways...he has said his own, his hands are clean so u can take it or u leave it

That's where u don't get it, is own does not matter in the things of the spirit. That's why we have the scripture. Because boko haram use car to operate does not mean car is bad, or because assassin where suit to kill does not mean suit is bad. 1 timothy 3:16 says it all. Anything that's not inside the scripture should not be followed. So because jazebel wore make up, so make up is now bad? SMH am not disappointed sha.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by frubben(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2016
Its a pity that a whole G O cannot even back up his word with the scripture. All he had to say was because jezebel wore make up so make is bad, little wonder that nigeria dying because leader's in the church refuse to teach the good news. SMH

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2016
Adeboye is trending, issorai.
Zaragal what's ur personal opinion on these things?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by ikorodureporta: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Is it true that handkerchiefs were blessed afta last week's condemnation of praying on such objects??
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Lexxyburg(m): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2016
Too long to read.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Adeboye is trending, issorai.
Zaragal what's ur personal opinion on these things?

Well....as you know me I don't put on these stuff.....base on personal conviction. But all these make up and wigs are artificials, they are things we can do without, sine this things are still mystery whether this things will make heaven with us, y don't we do without dem so nothing hinders us from making heaven on the last day??

FYI: I didn't say they are sin or not. Am just saying looking natural pays out

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs by jcross19: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Okikiki:

What about this?

[NIV] 1 Peter 3:3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
that verse said" your beauty should not" that's never a commandment but we should not value our outward look but the great beauty is withing the same thing jesus speaks about in mathew 23 vs 25to26. That verse never condemned using of jewelry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church? / What Is God's Will And What Are His Works That We Must Work? - Olamide Obire / Can Pastors Do Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.