Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) (1372 Views)

How Can I Make My App To Be Paid Version Without Playstore / How To Build A Snakes And Ladders Game With C++ (no Gui) / I Need Serious Help On My Java Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by logicalhumour: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2016
What I mean is, I, for example, create a nice GUI stuff, how can I then have it as a desktop app which can be executed directly.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by logicalhumour: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2016
Secondly, if I transfer the app to another PC which doesn't have jdk installed, would it run? (or how can I convert java code to a native code )
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Netbean will create the exe file for you. Look at the bottom you will see the directory . You can also use any install creator. Make sure jdk is install correctly.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by logicalhumour: 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
proxy20:
Netbean will create the exe file for you. Look at the bottom you will see the directory . You can also use any install creator. Make sure jdk is install correctly.
If I download netbeans and use, will it work on another system if transferred?
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
logicalhumour:
If I download netbeans and use, will it work on another system if transferred?

We have installer software like install creator to install you software on different PC.

There are many online just google it. All the software on your PC like chrome was install using an installer not the exe extension.

When netbean automatically generate the jar file u will put it in install creator .i recommend you watch Tutorial on how to do that on YouTube.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by logicalhumour: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
proxy20:

We have installer software like install creator to install you software on different PC.

There are many online just google it. All the software on your PC like chrome was install using an installer not the exe extension.

When netbean automatically generate the jar file u will put it in install creator .i recommend you watch Tutorial on how to do that on YouTube.
Wow, thanks. I have eclipse but I don't have netbeans. would it be of help?
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by Collinz2(m): 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
even after converting to exe it wont run without Java runtime installed on the PC even when u have jdk.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 06, 2016
logicalhumour:
Wow, thanks. I have eclipse but I don't have netbeans. would it be of help?

Yes make sure you install windows builder and MySQL on eclipse for the purpose of database .
Eclipse is good you just need to configure it.

Go to help new software and put the path of MySQL and Windows builder . There are many videos on how to do that on eclipse.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by logicalhumour: 8:24am On Aug 06, 2016
proxy20:

Yes make sure you install windows builder and MySQL on eclipse for the purpose of database .
Eclipse is good you just need to configure it.

Go to help new software and put the path of MySQL and Windows builder . There are many videos on how to do that on eclipse.
Oh. Thanks alot
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2016
logicalhumour:
Oh. Thanks alot

You are welcome . Remember your videos are your secret weapon .download the basic gui and advance gui videos before you move to management Software level.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
Collinz2:
even after converting to exe it wont run without Java runtime installed on the PC even when u have jdk.

Like I said all your application on your PC was install via an installer not the exe file.
Re: How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) by seunthomas: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
You would need to bundle your application with the java runtime and an application launcher which would be an executable(.exe). The final size of your application would be huge however. If you know the libraries your jar uses from the java runtime, you may be able to exclude some libraries and hence reduce the size of your final bundle. Their are some applications that do this already for you. Best you search online for them.

(1) (Reply)

N / Register For 21 Free Online Courses And Certifications! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.