Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) (841 Views)

Before I Self Destruct (psycho) / Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) / Before I Self Destruct (then Days Went By) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
You came, you saw, you left
With chains, you brought me death
You are guilty from all indications
Because you came with no invitation

A year ago, my pockets were fat
My neck bore lockets and cash
Thoughts pure with no distillation
Until you came with no invitation

We played, we talked, we fought
'We're mates', subconscious thought
It too fell for your dictation
Although you came with no invitation

We kissed, we sexed, we fight
You hissed, I'm vexed, you're right
'We' have no destination
And you came with no invitation

I hate I loved you, Lady
I hate my love ain't fading
I need you back in my station
You can come with no invitation

©Jigs

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by SalomonKane: 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
Not bad dude. Your theme keep changing from disappointment to lovelorn and heartbreak then to pleading.

Your rhyme scheme doesn't follow any particular pattern, it's erratic and your lines enjabbed into each other.

Still nice work. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by timpaker(m): 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Is 'Before I self destruct' a collection of poems? Because I read some which theme centers on love, sex and hate here.
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
timpaker:
Is 'Before I self destruct' a collection of poems? Because I read some which theme centers on love, sex and hate here.

it is a collection. 15 more to come cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
SalomonKane:
Not bad dude. Your theme keep changing from disappointment to lovelorn and heartbreak then to pleading.

Your rhyme scheme doesn't follow any particular pattern, it's erratic and your lines enjabbed into each other.

Still nice work. Keep it up.

I though think the rhymes are perfect as can be. you're right about the theme, but the main thing is that even after everything, I still want her back.

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by SalomonKane: 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
JigsawKillah:

I though think the rhymes are perfect as can be. you're right about the theme, but the main thing is that even after everything, I still want her back.

thanks
Oh really. So can you identify the rhyme scheme for me please?
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:02am On Aug 06, 2016
SalomonKane:
Oh really. So can you identify the rhyme scheme for me please?

aabb in all stanzas
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by SalomonKane: 12:07am On Aug 06, 2016
JigsawKillah:

aabb in all stanzas
Oh really.. Lemme check it out.

Modify.

Nope. Your rhyme scheme are erratic. Am I allowed to show you?
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2016
SalomonKane:
Oh really.. Lemme check it out.

Modify.

Nope. Your rhyme scheme are erratic. Am I allowed to show you?

please do
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by SalomonKane: 12:26am On Aug 06, 2016
JigsawKillah:

You came, you saw, you left A
With chains, you brought me death B
You are guilty from all indications C
Because you came with no invitation D

A year ago, my pockets were fat A
My neck bore lockets and cash E
Thoughts pure with no distillation D
Until you came with no invitation D

We played, we talked, we fought A
'We're mates', subconscious thought A
It too fell for your dictation D
Although you came with no invitation D

We kissed, we sexed, we fight A
You hissed, I'm vexed, you're right A
'We' have no destination D
And you came with no invitation D

I hate I loved you, Lady F
I hate my love ain't fading G
I need you back in my station D
You can come with no invitation D

©Jigs
Left and death don't rhyme. Indications and invitation don't rhyme. The (s) at the end of indication (s) makes it not to rhyme with invitation. Etc.

I'll give it a thorough check later though.
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:33am On Aug 06, 2016
SalomonKane:
Left and death don't rhyme. Indications and invitation don't rhyme. The (s) at the end of indication (s) makes it not to rhyme with invitation. Etc.

I'll give it a thorough check later though.

ever stumbled upon the words: slant rhymes? I'm still thinking the rhymes are perfect and at worst slant. but honestly, I forgot there was an (s) there grin

thanks though
anything else i am forgetting?
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by SalomonKane: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2016
JigsawKillah:

ever stumbled upon the words: slant rhymes? I'm still thinking the rhymes are perfect and at worst slant. but honestly, I forgot there was an (s) there grin

thanks though
anything else i am forgetting?
I see. If the rhyme slant then shouldn't it be prudent to make all the other rhyme slant as well?

Nope. Non I can think of at the moment.
Re: Before I Self Destruct (no Invitation) by JigsawKillah(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
SalomonKane:
I see. If the rhyme slant then shouldn't it be prudent to make all the other rhyme slant as well?

Nope. Non I can think of at the moment.

slant rhymes can coexist with perfect rhymes. if it's slant, it doesn't have to be slant all through. matter of fact, perfect rhymes are always the best but slants are also accepted and can be forgiven

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Depth / In Your Hands.... / The Distance Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.