Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,955 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet (35309 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Help With Soakaway/septic Tank / Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by YabaLeftist: 6:56am On Aug 06, 2016
Oluwa nagode. shocked
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by itunity007(m): 6:56am On Aug 06, 2016
Op na ur wife b DAT And did foot en
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by loliapoopy2013(f): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2016
I can imagine what you went through, it must be a very scary experience. Thank God for you life.
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 06, 2016
You need help.
orijintv:
Feet Of Many Colors sad

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Gospel201(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2016
orijintv:
Feet Of Many Colors sad
smiley
orijintv:
Feet Of Many Colors sad

Funny

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by azeecoboy(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2016
herzern:
I don't believe all dhiz Social media narration....

She may have fallen into a gutter jhur... grin
I concur bros.
she even has time to take pix in the so called pit of hell grin
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 06, 2016
orijintv:
Feet Of Many Colors sad
u can observe o.
Today is Mr Nl final contest. Please kindly vote Vizkiz for Mr Nl. Just type
I vote vizkiz CcNlJega

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by orijintv(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2016
Benignasweety:
u can observe o.
Today is Mr Nl final contest. Please kindly vote Vizkiz for Mr Nl. Just type
I vote vizkiz CcNlJega

How mch u go pay ? wink
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2016
orijintv:

How mch u go pay ? wink
do d do 1st. Let's negotiate via WhatsApp. My numb via siggy grin

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by heed101(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2016
Flexigist and hidden pics
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by texazzpete(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2016
Even as a child, my parents drummed it into me that you never stand on a soak away.

Good enough that she survived, but what a crazy decision to choose to stand on a soak away pit
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Lucasbalo(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2016
Sockaway, symptoms of a Third World.
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by pennywys(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2016
sugarlady:
My brothers, do u care? undecided
how far?
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by lizzy5: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2016
sorry
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by passyhansome(m): 8:28am On Aug 06, 2016
Oduduwa people and bleaching are alike

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by FILEBE(m): 8:44am On Aug 06, 2016
sugarlady:
My brothers, do u care? undecided

Firstly. We care and we thank God for her.
Secondly. We are not ur brothers. We cant be brothers to one who is not a brothers keeper
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by sugarlady(f): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2016
FILEBE:

Firstly. We care and we thank God for her.
Secondly. We are not ur brothers. We cant be brothers to one who is not a brothers keeper

K
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by FILEBE(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2016
sugarlady:

K

Is your "k" suppose to annoy me? I hate it when a lady uses "k". Pls biko dont use "k" for me again abeg.
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by HaneefahRN(f): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2016
I fear soakaways like. I can't walk or stand on one and I warn anyone around me doing such not to. You don't know when it'll cave in.
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by KAYD007(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2016
Glad that she's safe. Her aya go don ja! shocked

That's a way of the universe telling her she needs to check her weight! She must be hefty for she to have cause an earthquake on a soakaway!!

The owner of that place should be arrested for negligence, assuming it cave in under the feet of some kids who tends to play on such things...you can imagine what could have happened.

If it's no longer active,why just abandoned it without filling it back with sand...it doesn't cost much...sands is free...this is raining season.

An harrowing experience it is.
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 06, 2016
she was not standing on a soakaway, she was standing on a sinkhole. there is no feces or blockwork/concrete in that hole.
in this case, the sinkhole was obscured by the concrete slab.the slab was no longer supported by ground soil, could stand in place. it was however unable to bear her weight. this is a common occurrence worldwide . some have appeared on roads in festac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinkhole

A sinkhole, also known as a cenote, sink, sink-hole,[1] shakehole,[2] swallet, swallow hole, or doline (the different terms for sinkholes are often used interchangeably[3]), is a depression or hole in the ground caused by some form of collapse of the surface layer. Some are caused by karst processes—for example, the chemical dissolution of carbonate rocks[4] or suffosion processes.[5] Sinkholes vary in size from 1 to 600 m (3.3 to 2,000 ft) both in diameter and depth, and vary in form from soil-lined bowls to bedrock-edged chasms. Sinkholes may form gradually or suddenly, and are found worldwide.[6]

Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Risky005: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2016
What a shitty situation grin
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by orijintv(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
Benignasweety:
do d do 1st. Let's negotiate via WhatsApp. My numb via siggy grin

Ive Voted o ... Let the negotiation Begin smiley
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by okenikpoto(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
NaMe4:
It's somewhat baffling that a soakaway pit was left abandoned without any environmental safety precaution put in place.
This reveals that there could be thousands of such potential 'death traps' scattered all over.

Environmental laws should be put in place to make sure such pits are maintained or refilled with earth when not in use.

What was she looking for in an abandoned house having an abandoned soakaway pit?
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by goodgood2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
orijintv:
Feet Of Many Colors sad
Forget the colours, thank God for saving her.
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Slimflame(m): 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
herzern:
I don't believe all dhiz Social media narration....

She may have fallen into a gutter jhur... grin
why will you believe when you dont belive urself
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
orijintv:

Ive Voted o ... Let the negotiation Begin smiley
WhatsApp or pm me....
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by BABANGBALI: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
Her legs no even fine
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by forexbinary: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thank GOD for preserving her life! shocked

But in other news, NA LEG BE THAT, ABI NA ROASTED CORN? grin

New Headline:

Roasted Corn Falls Into Smor Gutter - Did not Break! undecided
Re: Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet by Puspack(m): 6:42am On Aug 14, 2018
oh my god.
god bless them.
Cheapest International Air Tickets

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Estimated Cost For Flooring And Interlocking This Layout / Architects In The House, Pls What Can I Build On Half Plot Of Land? / Citiview & The Grenadines Homes (magodo,arepo & Abuja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.