Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. (28978 Views)

Taio Cruz Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today! / Taio Cruz Celebrates His 30th Birthday / The Trouble With Women: Taio Cruz, 27, Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
Dont know what the fukin big deal is theres sooo many people are of carribean decent and they never say anything about the carribean -Like Collin Powell is seen as an African American as well as Louis Farrakhan .

not a big deal-

Seal Samuel- (same as tiao cruz) one of seals parent is Nigerian and one parent brazilian - fuk is da big deal Seal even married a white lady does it mean that he doesnt claim naija or what?

-thats their own personal preference of what ever.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
I dont get that, if she doesnt know who her father is then how do we know she has nigerian heritage? shirley bassey i mean, how is that blck woman welsh? lmao! whatever makes them smile all day!

I have no problem with taio cruz preference, i prefer white men myself, i dont go around saying black men are not attractive, i dont have an identity crisis, nobody cares that seal married a white woman or that iman is married to a white man, if you ask them where they are from or about thier culture they will tell you about it. Black people are not full of wasted sentiments, there are times black people will dip thier bodies in acid to turn themselves white, make your hair as blonde straight and long as possible forge and accent and immerse yourself completely into a a white mans mind, thats cos it was bad to be black, its just a shame people carry that same mentality in a world where we are supposed to be free, we put ourselves in prison.
Taio is an idiot, even if hes a coconut he could have got away with simply saying there are never alot of black women at auditions, hes fooling nobody but himself and his arrogance will get him nowhere! In fact if his comments make the american media he's done for, they dont tolerate coconuts there and they dont give a shite about brazilians! the men anyways!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
she is as much black as she is white.

I have no problem with taio cruz preference, i prefer white men myself

and you no wan let us rest  cheesy

americans do like brazillian women. heck they go there for ssex tourism.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
i have no identity crisis, i dont see black men as men of 'lower standards' i dont think black men are 'generally unattractive' i know where im from i use my yoruba name i have no english name and im proud of it, im no coconut!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by NaijaSisi(f): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
bawomolo:

she is as much black as she is white.

and you no wan let us rest cheesy

americans do like brazillian women. heck they go there for ssex tourism.

he's not american he's british
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
yes thats why i said the men!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

he's not american he's british

i'm talking about american men not taio cruz.

zebra543:

yes thats why i said the men!

does it make a difference, didn't seal have an hit in the US. doesn't he still have a following in the US.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by NaijaSisi(f): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
bawomolo:

i'm talking about american men not taio cruz.

ok cool
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
^

anyway when did you join, u fine o.

unlike that gay fish, i like black women cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by NaijaSisi(f): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^ aw thanks hun, u say u like black women? u got taste jare, u know good things, good for u!

Black Is Soo Beautiful
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
Damn, some of you are just giving yourselves headache for no reason.
thameamead:

Dame Shirley Bassey never talks about her Nigerian heitage either, she has no idea who her father is but that does not mean she should not be proud of her African heritage, most Brits don't know she's mixed race. they always say she's welsh.
Are you freaking kidding me? How is one supposed to be proud of something they're unaware of? 

All this patriotism sef. Abeg live and let live.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by tpiah: 3:50am On Jul 31, 2010
zebra543:

i have no identity crisis, i dont see black men as men of 'lower standards' i dont think black men are 'generally unattractive' i know where im from i use my yoruba name i have no english name and im proud of it, im no coconut!

is taio an english name?
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by thameamead(f): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2010
zebra543:

I dont get that, if she doesnt know who her father is then how do we know she has nigerian heritage? shirley bassey i mean, how is that blck woman welsh? lmao! whatever makes them smile all day!

I have no problem with taio cruz preference, i prefer white men myself, i dont go around saying black men are not attractive, i dont have an identity crisis, nobody cares that seal married a white woman or that iman is married to a white man, if you ask them where they are from or about thier culture they will tell you about it. Black people are not full of wasted sentiments, there are times black people will dip thier bodies in acid to turn themselves white, make your hair as blonde straight and long as possible forge and accent and immerse yourself completely into a a white mans mind, thats cos it was bad to be black, its just a shame people carry that same mentality in a world where we are supposed to be free, we put ourselves in prison.
Taio is an , even if hes a coconut he could have got away with simply saying there are never alot of black women at auditions, hes fooling nobody but himself and his arrogance will get him nowhere! In fact if his comments make the american media he's done for, they dont tolerate coconuts there and they dont give a shite about brazilians! the men anyways!

@Zebra543
Dame Shirley Bassey's mum had a brief relationship with a Nigerian man called Bassey but he did a runner after she was born, credit where credit due, she took his name, i kind of hate it when people refer is her as welsh, i think it would have bn nice for her to say she was mixed race (half African) i love still love her, did you see her duet with Dizzee Rascal last yr, it's on You Tube,
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by thameamead(f): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2010
chiogo:

Damn, some of you are just giving yourselves headache for no reason.Are you freaking kidding me? How is one supposed to be proud of something they're unaware of?

All this patriotism sef. Abeg live and let live.

@Chiogo
Everyone knew her Dad was Nigerian in her neighbourwood, There was a documentary about mixed race people in the 60's on Channel 4 about five yrs ago and her neighbours and people that were close to her family were interviewed and they wondered where her father was and why he had done a disappearing act, anyway she's whatever she is, she lives in Monaco, she's a tax exile, hmmm
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zebra543: 2:45am On Aug 04, 2010
@ chiogo cosign

thameamead in all honesty if taio's dad had done a runner i will support him in his arrogant ways, thats enough reason to never wanna be black! thats why im even mad at him his dad is an amazing person! shirley probably took his name cos her parents were married, papers no doubt! she probably has no clu abt nigeri! who will teach her sef? shes welsh ooo her welsh mother brought her up and thats prob all she knows!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by ikeyman00(m): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
^^^^^

very st upid
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Travelista(f): 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2010
I cannot believe there are 5 pages of interest on Taio Cruz!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Dude is beyond unattractive and corny but he's young; let him make his money while he still can because he's going to be a flash in the pan like those other guys that no one remembers.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by NaijaSisi(f): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2010
^
I agree, let him enjoy it all while it lasts coz it probably wont b for long
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chika98: 1:24am On Aug 18, 2010
I had no clue he was British talk-less of Nigerian. Most of black folks in the UK are Nigerian and Mostly Yoruba.
A friend of mine went to his concert and she said he was being a bit of a di.ck! IDK haven't met the guy before
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Thaopheek: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tayo to Taio. Kewl
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by NaijaSisi(f): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
^^^
what's cool about it??
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by poweredcom(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2010
angryell he has a Nigerian roots, for sure but they really are not Nigerians when talking about document Ok, and you silly poster here should stop calling people Gay when they aint.it make me sick, some people just use words any how, just because he is handsome , that does not mean one is Gay Ok, fools, brainless idiots, posters na person say make uns worwor una fada, angry angry angry
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2010
his mother is Brazilian which is considered west indian and unfortunately that is part of our culture, if we are even just half caribbean we disregard our other side and claim the carib. side as it's "exotic". I am guilty of this too i will admit. Um my mom is W.I. and my dad was (r.i.p) A.A. I do not know why we do it to be honest but if you think about it, its not cool at all. Just like Barbee who's mom is J.A. and her dad is Naija, she only reps her Jamo side despite living in Naija as a toddler.  undecided

He should rep Naija as it was his Naija father who put him onto the singing in the first place. he's not the cutest but hes talented! I like his music. But as for ppl saying he doesn't like black women idk because I saw his "Dynamite" video and there is a black chick who he gave a major "spotlight" role on  undecided

About black girls in videos this is what he said:
"“I like to put girls in my video that I think are hot, [if] a really hot
black girl came to a casting, she’d be in my video, I think that people even
focusing on the race issue in my videos is a problem. And I would almost react
by NEVER putting black girls in my video, because I’m that type of person –
rebellious. I’d be like, ‘If that’s how you’re gonna be, I’m never gonna put
black girls in my videos.""
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
Brazilians are south americans not west indians.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2010
^You realize I am not asking you that right? ok. Guyana is not an island sweetie and what are they? Panama is NOT an island and what are they? like I said, I am West Indian and I am not asking you.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2010
Good for you. However my point of Brazilians not being west indian still stands.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2010
^thats fine. you have a problem with facts that is on you cheesy

*moving on. . .
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

his mother is Brazilian which is considered west indian

You must be stu-pid to say that. . . I thought I'd seen the height of ignorance, and then I came to Nairaland.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Ossaifamous(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2010
@rapjunkie this ur beef pass wetin u dey tell us , be like family prob. wey start during civil war abeg give us the real naija
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by savanaha: 6:27am On Feb 20, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

his mother is Brazilian which is considered west indian and unfortunately that is part of our culture, if we are even just half caribbean we disregard our other side and claim the carib. side as it's "exotic". I am guilty of this too i will admit. Um my mom is W.I. and my dad was (r.i.p) A.A. I do not know why we do it to be honest but if you think about it, its not cool at all. Just like Barbee who's mom is J.A. and her dad is Naija, she only reps her Jamo side despite living in Naija as a toddler. undecided

He should rep Naija as it was his Naija father who put him onto the singing in the first place. he's not the cutest but hes talented! I like his music. But as for ppl saying he doesn't like black women idk because I saw his "Dynamite" video and there is a black chick who he gave a major "spotlight" role on undecided

About black girls in videos this is what he said:

Really?? I have never seen a Brazillian claim West Indian, which geographically makes no sense. Neither have I, before now, seen a Jamaican call Brazil West Indies. Hmm.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by toyemz(f): 2:53am On Feb 21, 2011
true
Brazilians are never west Indians
where do the link roots begin?
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by shotster50(m): 4:06am On Feb 21, 2011
Jeez are you guys still on his case?!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Photo Of 9ice And Baby Mama With Their Daughter / Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" / Don't Go To The Public To Solve Your Private Matter - Paul Okoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.