Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Stop Limiting Yourself By Trying To Please Everyone. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Stop Limiting Yourself By Trying To Please Everyone. (693 Views)

How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures / 6 Everyday Habits Limiting Your Productivity At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Limiting Yourself By Trying To Please Everyone. by dukecharles(m): 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
During my lectio Divina today, I bumped into a quote from Joel Osteen that got me thinking. He has this to say "Life's too short to spend it trying to keep others happy. You can't please everyone. To fulfill your destiny, stay true to your heart"
Often we give ourselves unnecessary responsibility of making others happy with us because of fear of their disapproval, criticism, negative recommendation or falling out of their love. But the truth every high achiever has always known is that pleasing everybody is never a responsibility. If they like you for who you are good, if not it's their problem not yours.

Always believe in yourself, focus on developing your core genius and do what you think is right. The fact is, if everyone likes you, you have a serious problem, the greatest man that ever lived was Jesus Christ, he couldn't even keep everyone happy, why should I try ?
I have found out that why people live under other people's shadow and mercy is because of fear of disapproval, rejection and criticism. However, you will not fulfill your life purpose and destiny if you don't break out from such limiting mentality.

Here are two things you can do to deal with the fear of rejection, criticism and disapproval according to Brain Tracy.
First, realize and accept that the opinions of others are not important enough for you to feel stressed, unhappy or over concerned about them. Even if they dislike you entirely, it has nothing to do with your own personal worth and value as a person.
Second, refuse to be over concerned about what you think people are thinking about you. The fact is that most people are not thinking about you at all. Relax and get on with your life.

Finally,I don't know the shortcut to success,but I can tell you the shortcut to failure; trying to please Everyone. Don't be someone else to make others happy, just be yourself and the right people will love you and also be happy with you.One day the people that didn't believe in you or love you will tell everyone how they met you if only you will focus on your goal and work hard everyday to achieve it. Remember, don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm that's why we have heater and sweater. Life is to short to be lived according to other people's wish, u are a human not a robot.
Quit allowing this limiting attitude limit you from discovery your core genius. Pax Vobiscum

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MTN Interview For Trade Marketing Officer / SH Interview / Featured Ngo Of The Week: Advocacy For Women With Disabilities Initiative (awwdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.