Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,541 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where (16992 Views)

Please Guys What Laptop Can I Get For 80k? / Which Laptop Can I Get For 70-80k / 120k Budget. What Laptop Can I Get Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by jumzzy448: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Get him Amazon Fire. It's for kids and not expensive too. You can google it.
When I got it for my kids, it was $50.
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by ngoben(f): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
engrrichie92:
His birthday is coming up next month
and i promised him a laptop
Now he wont stop reminding me (kids!)..Now everybody in his school knows his uncle wants to get him a laptop
Please nairalanders, recommend laptop for Daniel(his name) and where...
budget : max 15k...maybe a second hand mini or something
Thanks
u hv raised his hopes high...dnt disappoint him...get him kiddies educational laptop or tablet

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Katyusha(m): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
Idrismusty97:
You just have a thing for music and that's it. Not all kids will be like you. Buy me a guitar at 8 year old and nothing would be left of it in a few month time. Since he already promised his nephew a laptop he should just get him one, or at least something that looks like a laptop cheesy.
Something that looks like a laptop....gringringrin
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
omooba969:
Get him a toy laptop dat plays d Nigerian anthem & d pledge. cool
wickedness grin
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Wolexdey(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Op, getting your Nephew a mini laptop isn't a bad idea so far it will be put to use adequately and meaningfully.

I think that might broaden his knowledge. All the same, make your Nephew happy with what ever decision you take.
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

guy you wan spoil the poor boy life bi that....
day boy no go dey read again..too early..Africans dey abuse anything....just get him Kids tab
shutup, africans? irony, u haven't travel round the world, u are saying nonsense

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by ifeomaekol(f): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
Katyusha:
An 8yr old doesn't need a laptop. Buy him a guitar.....My dad got me one for my 10th birthday, and till today, its still my most prized possession. I'm now a guru on strings and will buy one for my kids too.
Or you can buy him something else that he will ACTUALLY need.
but he has promised him a laptop already! Your suggestion is fine, but its how he ll go round the promise that is a problem cos a promise is meant to be kept, daniel ll definetly be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by sammieddi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
You should get him a smart tab for kids,
It comes with over 500 educational apps, educational videos, educational music and educational games.

We also sell smart tabs for secondary school students,
It comes with WAEC,JAMB and TOEFL past questions and solutions for the last 10 years,
It also contains video tutorials and ebooks on over 14 secondary school subjects,
It aids students when taking CBT exams as you would find it easier to answer questions and at the stipulated time frame.

Children learn differently,
Our goal is to make reading fun and interesting for children and it works.

We sell to Schools, Co-operate organisations, Government agencies and Individuals,
For more info: contact Mr Samuel 07031015379.

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by engrrichie92(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
publicenemy:

Stop fooling yourself and buy that kid a computer game... Computer games develop a kids brain faster than you can imagine.

you could have just made your point without using crude words bro

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by myatl101: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
engrrichie92:
Now he wont stop reminding me (kids!)..Now everybody in his school knows his uncle wants to get him a laptop
Thanks

What does an 8yrs child needs a laptop for? If not educational, right!

Please, for now just research the best educational laptop and get him.
Some comes with two or more languages translations and learning aids. And also with many mind blowing problems solving puzzles and techniques. And games to the kids' advantages.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Jagaban111(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
<b>Oh! Why are you asking? Abeg, just go and buy DVD laptop and that's all</b>
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by YhungPablo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
Enter jumia.. u will see better laptops dre.
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
boy!and i have been praying to get a job to buy myself a mini laptop for my assignments in school.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by apatuku: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2016
veekid:
Laptop for 8yrs old kid? is that not to early?
You should be ashamed of yourself.... grin

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by macminista(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
Get him a kindle fire hd..have it loaded with educative games from amazon..kindle is for kids
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by publicenemy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
engrrichie92:

you could have just made your point without using crude words bro
Not ur bro.
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by ETILA100(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
have you seen this

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Delafruita(m): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
adeaks:
8 Yr old kid with laptop. Unless he is on a genius level, he will not be able to fully utilize the functions of the laptop.

There are lots of educational laptops designed for kids his age. I think that would benefit him more than giving him a HP laptop at his age.
you will be amazed at what kids can become when given the right tools.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Katyusha(m): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
ifeomaekol:
but he has promised him a laptop already! Your suggestion is fine, but its how he ll go round the promise that is a problem cos a promise is meant to be kept, daniel ll definetly be disappointed.
An 8 year old is just a child....he doesn't owe him sh.it.....
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
engrrichie92:
Thanks
ewo!!"""@engr richie,laptop for an 8yr old,chai, when am still struggling to get one at this age to help in my computing study.
well thats BTW though, but i think its good if you really get 1 for him with that amount,it will surely help him later if given the right orientation as to what to do with it.
Nice one sir.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Emeka71(m): 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
engrrichie92:
Thanks
But; what does a kid need a laptop for.
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by byvan03: 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
sammieddi:
You should get him a smart tab for kids,
It comes with over 500 educational apps, educational videos, educational music and educational games.

We also sell smart tabs for secondary school students,
It comes with WAEC,JAMB and TOEFL past questions and solutions for the last 10 years,
It also contains video tutorials and ebooks on over 14 secondary school subjects,
It aids students when taking CBT exams as you would find it easier to answer questions and at the stipulated time frame.

Children learn differently,
Our goal is to make reading fun and interesting for children and it works.

We sell to Schools, Co-operate organisations, Government agencies and Individuals,
For more info: contact Mr Samuel 07031015379.

How much is the smart tab for kids?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Save more money and Buy him a Yamaha psr E443 keyboard..
Before he turns 20 he'll have over 10 years experience with the piano.
You know the rest.
Trust me.
Learning to play the piano at a younger age helps to develop a child's brain. He doesn't have to pursue a music career though.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
Katyusha:
An 8yr old doesn't need a laptop. Buy him a guitar.....My dad got me one for my 10th birthday, and till today, its still my most prized possession. I'm now a guru on strings and will buy one for my kids too.
Or you can buy him something else that he will ACTUALLY need.

And what makes you think the little boy can't be an IT expert tomorrow with the laptop his uncle eventually get 4 him?!!

Stop thinking one way

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by ifeomaekol(f): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Katyusha:
An 8 year old is just a child....he doesn't owe him sh.it.....
well that's your opinion although I do not agree with you, but its your opinion and I respect that.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by ifeomaekol(f): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
FLStudioGuy:
Save more money and Buy him a Yamaha psr E443 keyboard..
Before he turns 20 he'll have over 10 years experience with the piano.
You know the rest.
Trust me.
Learning to play the piano at a younger age helps to develop a child's brain. He doesn't have to pursue a music career though.
that's one thing I must achieve even if I get to be a 100 I must learn it---to play a piano.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Yeecar(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
onatisi:
Buy him a cheap tablet instead. My sister 2years old boy uses one and it helped him tremendously. Load educational games and app on it
Please how much did you buy it , location and what brand is s it? I hanks.
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by Tanyabee(f): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
I think it is too early to get him a laptop, you can get him other kiddies stuff instead
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by onatisi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
Yeecar:

Please how much did you buy it , location and what brand is s it? I hanks.
It was an apple iPad1,and to be honest it really helped the boy because he was able to lists to the alphabets on it and pronounce it along ,there were game on it which made him to start using his fingers and to start steadying them. These are the kind of things that develops kids brains fast.
Please dont mind the cost ,it will help him a lot
Re: What Kind Of Laptop Can I Get For My 8year Old Nephew And Where by paezeamama: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
Buy her an kid educational TABLET

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Get a Social Security Number (SSN) Database? / Very Neat UK Used Laptops At Cheap Rate With Prices / Free Modem Unlocker Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.