Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing (13039 Views)

Herdsmen Attack: PDP Delegations Supplies Food And Other Relief Materials (pics) / UNICEF Bags Meant For IDPs Sold In Kano (Photos) / Kwankwaso Donates Relief Materials To Fulani Victims Of Mambila Terrorist Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
A full truck of relief materials sent to Taraba state for distribution to the Internal Displaced Persons IDPs by President Muhamadu Buhari have been declared missing by the permanent secretary Taraba state Emergency Management Agency (SEMA)

The permanent secretary Mr Nuvalga Dan-Habu disclosed this while conducting journalists round the venue where the relief materials were stored for self keeping in Jalingo Taraba state capital.

The Presidential relief materials sent to Taraba state for IDPs have recently generated controversy and war of wards between the minister for women and social development Sen. Aisha Arhasan and Taraba state government when the permanent secretary refused to release the materials to the minister for distribution.

Aisha was in the state to flag off the distribution of the materials to IDPs while on her five days official visit in the state, the state government refused to release materials to her, she also accused the state government of inflicting unnecessary hardship on the IDPs by holding on the materials.

Nuvalga stated that few weeks ago he received a phone call from the National Emergency Management Agency NEMA North East zonal office Gombe, he was informed that twenty (20) trucks of relieve materials (Maize) were been sent by President Muhamadu Buhari for IDPs in Taraba state and the materials were on the way from Abuja to Taraba state.

He said the NEMA zonal office directed that the Taraba state Emergency Agency should take the stock of the materials for self keeping for letter distribution to the IDPs.

Nuvalga further disclosed that a truck of the relieve materials loaded six hundred (600) bags of Maize in each. He stated that instead of the twenty trucks as directed and informed by the Gombe zonal office of NEMA, only nineteen (19) trucks of the materials arrived Jalingo.

He said when the nineteen trucks arrived Jalingo he called the zonal office and informed them of the details of the stuck the Agency received in Jalingo. While stating up till the time of briefing journalist the remaining truck was yet to arrived.

“Instead of receiving 12,000 bags of Maize as we were informed by NEMA, only 11,400 reached us, a truck loaded 600 bags and it was only 19 trucks that reached to us although I informed NEMA promptly on the development”

When asked why the State refused to release the materials to the minister for distribution, the permanent secretary said Sen. Aisha did not follow the Normal procedures on how to get the materials been released to her for distribution to the IDPs.

“When I was contacted that materials were on the way, I briefed my boss who is the governor of Taraba state, who am answerable to, when the minister came into the state she called me, directing me to release the materials to her for onward distribution to IDPs then I told her that NEMA did not direct me to handover the materials to her and she should contact my boss to smoothen the process but she refused

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/relief-materials-sent-president-buhari-idps-taraba-declared-missing/

1 Share

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Graxie(f): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Terrible!!! Who did this to Naija?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Descartes: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
APC is a fraud

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Descartes: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
Is that not corruption to declare materials sent from mr president missing

6 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by adehsenior(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
It was in the local news yesterday in Jalingp that the relief materials sent by NEMA to the state are intact, so all the APC and Aisha apologists should stop spreading propaganda, Aisha has finished her seven days working visit in the state, she should stop spoiling our governors name.

17 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by opeaceo: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
We are manifesting the traits of a cursed Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by efilefun(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
[size=13pt]Full truck went missing like a needle dropped in the ocean, head must roll ooo[/size]

1 Like

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Redoil: 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
This goes a long way to show that the major problem of nigerians are the apc leaders to their dumb followers with their brain stuffed with aisha sour rice. Sai baba

13 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by ahamonyeka(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
It only happens in united states of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by emmanuel596(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
This country really needs the hand of GOD...which way nigeria?? cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Human beings are terrible.
Despite all the heart-wrenching pictures coming from IDP camps, to think some rich politician could still do this to them is just sad.
Very sad.

1 Like

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Some selfish people will still steal what's meant for the poor and needy. shocked when they die horribly tomorrow, we will be telling them RIP.

Nonsense!.

1 Like

Descartes:
APC is a fraud
Na APC steal am?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by gurunlocker: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol... how? later they will say they are fighting corruption, isn't this also corruption?
they have stolen this one again my country my pride... lemme not wail, it is well

16 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by AgamaHub: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
This pipu sef in nairaland
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by mmsen: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
The problem of Northern officials stealing resources meant to improve the lives of the Northern populace is why Boko Haram found room to grow in the first place.

Those people still haven't learned and until the Northern masses are willing to make their crooked leaders fear for their lives it will continue to happen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by ednut1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
My fellow Nigerians when are we going to stop being cowards na. Until pple revolt and Lynch all dis our leaders na lik dis we go dey dey o. angry cheesy meanwhile i don go renew my Vietnam visa grin

2 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by efilefun(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
So Vanguard aint trusted by you all again No wonder you cry foul whenever sahara reports something against ur liking but masturbate everywhere when the news favor your brainwashed self mtcchhhheeeewww
adehsenior:
It was in the local news yesterday in Jalingp that the relief materials sent by NEMA to the state are intact, so all the APC and Aisha apologists should stop spreading propaganda, Aisha has finished her seven days working visit in the state, she should stop spoiling our governors name.

2 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by kgr8mike(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by efilefun(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
So APC now rules Taraba state? your brain don dry up finish the only thing left there is APC and BUHARI
Descartes:
APC is a fraud

1 Like

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Stanbeto: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nawaaaa o, From presidency Missing? Story for the gods
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Pavore9: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
600 bags missing! shocked
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by olisafincy(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Graxie:
Terrible!!! Who did this to Naija?
The person Don die
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by ojun50(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Dis country infact am tired
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by benueguy(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Chai... Missing budget, missing this, missing that... APC why? Maka why?

3 Likes

Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Goddygee(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Just imagine d kind of topics that comes from Naija these days... We are doomed in this Country
Re: Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing by Onyejiuwaokoh: 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
Fighting corruption in the present corruptocracy is like chasing a wild goose.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige Meets With NUPENG Leaders To Reverse Strike (Photos ) / Two Die As Boko Haram Launches Bomb Attacks In Adamawa / Governor Ihedioha Sets Up 8-Man Committee To Probe Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.